PFF Top WR Free Agents

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb, Cooks, and Tolbert are back in 2024. Don't see the Cowboys keeping Gallup but if they add any receivers I think they will be rookies.
Also add in they should increase turpin's workload next year he showed that for his size he's actually pretty durable and I think he's gotten better so he should be in a position to maybe come in and play more slot and let lamb play more outside next year and keep Turpin on the field more.

Heck, if it was me and I was building this team next year and I know I'm going to get backlash for this I'm bringing in deuce Vaughn to play special teams almost full time giving him some taste of offense every now and again.

that way Turpin can fully concentrate on being a wide receiver and then occasionally when you really looking for a big play from a punt return you can put him out on the field just occasionally but I'd like to see him in an expanded role and it will open up given Vaughn his true opportunity not like he had this year because he does a lot of the same things Turpin does and he just was the odd man out.....

But that would be my training camp emphasis is to work Vaughn into this special teams and a little bit into the offense but let Turpin come full time slot wide receiver... I mean you could switch it up from time to time I'm sure and flip flop it and have lamb in the slot and let Turpin run 9 routes, but I believe that would be my plan at wide receiver next year is give Turpin his shot full time...

Mr_437

Reaction score
After comps they will have at least 7 as of right now.
Are any of the comps projected to be a 5th? McClay actually hits on 5ths.

6th and 7th rounders seem to be very low % contributors even for a good drafting team like Dallas.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cooks is under contract next year for $10 million. I don't think we'll be looking for alternatives. Now, we might be looking to improve the third receiver position since Gallup has been hit and miss (mostly miss), but I think that would come in the draft.
Yup. Cooks is a 2 year deal.
They aren't dumping him given the alternatives.
Your QB is in the MVP conversation so this offense should remain mostly the same.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Gallup is out, Dallas will have WR3 open. I see Dallas looking to sign an X (Big WR) to a 1 or 2 year deal fairly cheap. WRs fitting the criteria as UFAs are:
1. Cedric Wilson
2. DJ Chark
3. Demarcus Robinson
4. Donovan Peoples-Jones
5. Noah Brown
6. Laviska Shenault
7. Chase Claypool
8. Van Jefferson
Tolbert is as good as those options, under contract and cheap.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Im drafting a guy in the first 3 rounds. We need wr, ol, dl, safety. Not neccessarily in that order

Mr_437

Reaction score
Im drafting a guy in the first 3 rounds. We need wr, ol, dl, safety. Not neccessarily in that order
LB and RB too. Dallas only has 3 impact picks, and you'd use one of them on a WR, over a LB, RB, C, LT, DE or CB?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yup. Cooks is a 2 year deal.
They aren't dumping him given the alternatives.
Your QB is in the MVP conversation so this offense should remain mostly the same.
Right. The running game and offensive line are the main question areas. Will we bring back Pollard (maybe if he's cheap)? Will Tyron retire or will they let him leave in FA? Will they try to replace Biadasz? We've got enough to worry about without creating more holes to fill.

gimmesix

Reaction score
LB and RB too. Dallas only has 3 impact picks, and you'd use one of them on a WR, over a LB, RB, C, LT, DE or CB?
I don't think they are worried about LB as much as our fans are because they have Overshown returning from injury. It will be Clark and Overshown out there mostly, probably with Bell playing the Kearse position and backing them up. Parsons is the third LB when we use him in that role. We could use a little more depth, though, so I could see us spending a later-round pick on the position. It'll be interesting to see if Wilson shows enough to keep him around for depth. I mean, he's not that old for a backup. I just don't know what he has left.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It will be Clark and Overshown out there mostly,
It would be foolish for the Cowboys Organization to put all there eggs in this basket. If Damien Wilson still has something that would be a solid move. It doesn't seem like Micah plays enough LB to even mention him at the position. Clark, Overshown and Wilson will not get it done imho even if they all remain healthy.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It would be foolish for the Cowboys Organization to put all there eggs in this basket. If Damien Wilson still has something that would be a solid move. It doesn't seem like Micah plays enough LB to even mention him at the position. Clark, Overshown and Wilson will not get it done imho even if they all remain healthy.
You can only have so many starters. Depth is needed, but other positions actually need starters. Center could be that way depending on what we do with Biadasz. Left tackle could be that way depending on what Tyron does. Running back could be that way depending on what we do with Pollard. Even nickel corner would be ahead of linebacker because it's essentially a starting position and both Lewis and Gilmore could be gone in free agency.

We have starters at the linebacker spots (Overshown, Clark and Bell in the nickel; Parsons in the base/run D). That's better than many teams have.

Beaker42

Reaction score
...and a plug-n-play LB. Isn't Damone Clark the only true linebacker on the active roster right now?

Funny how we have a safety playing LB, and a LB playing DE. Love the out-of-box thinking, but we do seem a little thin at LB, even with Overshown expected to make an impact next season.
Yes he is and he’s utter garbage. Dude is so slow to read and react it’s criminal.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We need to move on from Clark if he doesn’t start looking better.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lamb, Cooks, and Tolbert are back in 2024. Don't see the Cowboys keeping Gallup but if they add any receivers I think they will be rookies.
I could see them add a vet as insurance/injury cover but also wouldn't be surprised if fans got excited then they cut the guy in TC.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He's really not.
Your list was really bad.
Chark is rated 88th at WR for instance.
Wilson and Brown have been here and we know them. Fine role players but we aren't paying them any real cash, they have zero upside left and Dak preferred other targets when they were here.

The only guy you list that is Tolbert's age or younger is DPJ and he is rated 20 slots BELOW Tolbert by PFF.

The grass isn't always greener. Tolbert needs to develop, and they likely will add a vet to battle him but they will hope Tolbert keeps that WR3 job unless someone falls to them in the draft they can't refuse.

OL, RB, TE all bigger concerns than WR.
WR concern is how big is the truck that carries CeeDee's cash to his bank.