PFF Top WR Free Agents

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Some guys brought up a good point for keeping Cooks and not investing too much in a free agent WR; that it’s taken Cooks quite awhile to acclimate to the offense. Another free agent will probably face a similar challenge next year.

But of course, the strength of this team is definitely the offense and bringing in a more dynamic and impactful wr than Cooks would be beneficial.

Then the question begs; is that guy available this offseason?

If not, look to the draft and keep Cooks.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I don't think they are worried about LB as much as our fans are because they have Overshown returning from injury. It will be Clark and Overshown out there mostly, probably with Bell playing the Kearse position and backing them up. Parsons is the third LB when we use him in that role. We could use a little more depth, though, so I could see us spending a later-round pick on the position. It'll be interesting to see if Wilson shows enough to keep him around for depth. I mean, he's not that old for a backup. I just don't know what he has left.
That and the league trend is the big nickel/three safety package on D anyways.

Mr_437

Reaction score
You can only have so many starters. Depth is needed, but other positions actually need starters. Center could be that way depending on what we do with Biadasz. Left tackle could be that way depending on what Tyron does. Running back could be that way depending on what we do with Pollard. Even nickel corner would be ahead of linebacker because it's essentially a starting position and both Lewis and Gilmore could be gone in free agency.

We have starters at the linebacker spots (Overshown, Clark and Bell in the nickel; Parsons in the base/run D). That's better than many teams have.
I agree with most of what you saying, but I don't see Parsons contributing to LB as you do. Also, I don't anoint Overshown without him playing a single game, and Clark is below average.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Your list was really bad.
Chark is rated 88th at WR for instance.
Wilson and Brown have been here and we know them. Fine role players but we aren't paying them any real cash, they have zero upside left and Dak preferred other targets when they were here.

The only guy you list that is Tolbert's age or younger is DPJ and he is rated 20 slots BELOW Tolbert by PFF.

The grass isn't always greener. Tolbert needs to develop, and they likely will add a vet to battle him but they will hope Tolbert keeps that WR3 job unless someone falls to them in the draft they can't refuse.

OL, RB, TE all bigger concerns than WR.
WR concern is how big is the truck that carries CeeDee's cash to his bank.
Imho, Tolbert is arguable worse than on nearly everyone that list. The list is for low cost WRs who could challenge Tolbert for WR3 like you mentioned Dallas may bring in. Wilson played well with Dak, and Noah did too, and both did more than Tolbert. DPJ has actually played as a starter in the league and produced PFF be damned.

Well see how the Organization feels about Tolbert by what they do this offseason, and I will say Tolbert needs the opportunity to outplay the guys on the list. Hopefully, Jalen takes a step up in the Playoffs and shuts down the thought of finding a WR3.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you saying, but I don't see Parsons contributing to LB as you do. Also, I don't anoint Overshown without him playing a single game, and Clark is below average.
Parsons plays quite a few snaps at LB, some games more than others. I understand the hesitancy with Overshown since we've only seen him in the preseason and I certainly don't think Clark has been great (in fact, Bell has been a better LB than Clark). However, it's about resources. There are other positions that we absolutely need to fix next year, depending on what we do in free agency. Considering the Joneses refuse to go after quality FAs because of the cost, I see no way we can fix all those spots with premium picks next year. Who we decide to retain will determine a lot.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That and the league trend is the big nickel/three safety package on D anyways.
Right. Most of the time our linebackers are Bell, Clark and Kearse. Next year, I expect it to be Overshown, Clark and Kearse. I have no problem with upgrading if we weren't going to have some legitimate holes next year.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
LB and RB too. Dallas only has 3 impact picks, and you'd use one of them on a WR, over a LB, RB, C, LT, DE or CB?
What dallas needs to do is handle some positions in free agency. All those positions need some attention.