PFF's top RBs

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The disrespect...

Even if they were going by YPC to determine this, Elliott would be ahead of Kamara and Carson.

Also, everyone of these players is on a team that averages more passing yards per game than Dallas. The LA Rams are fifth, the LA Chargers are ninth, the Saints are 11th and the Giants are 13th, so teams have to focus at least as much on their passing games as their running games. Despite that, Elliott still leads the league in rushing and is third among those backs in receiving.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Even if they were going by YPC to determine this, Elliott would be ahead of Kamara and Carson.

Also, everyone of these players is on a team that averages more passing yards per game than Dallas. The LA Rams are fifth, the LA Chargers are ninth, the Saints are 11th and the Giants are 13th, so teams have to focus at least as much on their passing games as their running games. Despite that, Elliott still leads the league in rushing and is third among those backs in receiving.

The argument in the thread for that tweet is that Elliot's oline is doing the work.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
@percyhoward Maybe you could help us understand.
There's no accounting for PFF player grades.

I had a good twitter battle with Steve Palazollo last spring about the way they grade QB, which is essentially that four 10-yard passes into tight windows and not conducive to YAC can be worth four times a perfectly placed and timed pass of the same air distance that the receiver takes another 30 yards for a score. They don't even consider the value of the QB's decision to target that player. I'm sure their grades of other positions take the same kind of elementary approach, and he didn't come out and say it, but I'm sure that in order to get the grades out in a timely manner, they have to sacrifice accuracy for speed (ease of grading) and the bottom line.

I'm a subscriber for the raw data, which is the best. In fact, there's so much good information on their site that I honestly never even look at the player grades.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
There's no accounting for PFF player grades.

I had a good twitter battle with Steve Palazollo last spring about the way they grade QB, which is essentially that four 10-yard passes into tight windows and not conducive to YAC can be worth four times a perfectly placed and timed pass of the same air distance that the receiver takes another 30 yards for a score. They don't even consider the value of the QB's decision to target that player. I'm sure their grades of other positions take the same kind of elementary approach, and he didn't come out and say it, but I'm sure that in order to get the grades out in a timely manner, they have to sacrifice accuracy for speed (ease of grading) and the bottom line.

I'm a subscriber for the raw data, which is the best. In fact, there's so much good information on their site that I honestly never even look at the player grades.

Yikes. Much appreciated. You ever thought about doing your own Cowboys analytics website?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't get these grades at all. Chubb's been really good, Barkley's been really good, don't know about Gordon, but Carson is a pretty average volume back and Kamara hasn't been all that beyond his first few weeks.