News: PFT: After NFL cracks down on Myles Garrett, Robert Quinn sees football getting soft

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
No not really

Are you defending Garrett here?
Seriously?
I’m saying the punishment is different if you are wearing a star on your helmet than if you have a steel logo on it.

Not defending Garrett but Haynesworth was even more agredious.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m saying the punishment is different if you are wearing a star on your helmet than if you have a steel logo on it.

Not defending Garrett but Haynesworth was even more agredious.
I disagree. Haynesworth is a POS, and that was a really messed up thing to do, and deserved a steeper penalty...but what Garrett did could've caused brain damage, or a multitude of other serious injuries.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I disagree. Haynesworth is a POS, and that was a really messed up thing to do, and deserved a steeper penalty...but what Garrett did could've caused brain damage, or a multitude of other serious injuries.
I don’t have a problem with the indefinite suspension. My problem is with the way the NFL picks and chooses how they are going to punish players. In this case nothing was done to Rudolph who instigated the situation trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off. Garrett did take it too far and deserves the possible removal from the league.

Gurode did nothing (at least as far as visual evidence) to provoke the situation and he ended up mopping up blood from his face on the sideline. Even a decade ago people still had the opinion he should be removed from the league. If that had been a QB wearing a Packer or Patriot jersey he would have been bounced from the league.

nobody

Reaction score
This wasn't a bar fight though. I doubt Garrett was gonna start beating the Hell out of him while he was lying on top of him, so the "self defense" angle is nonsense.

I didn't agree with everything he said, but I didn't watch the entire game, so I found it interesting that there were so a few head hits before that altercation. It made it seem all the more deliberate.