PFT Blurb Updated: Goodell to hear Roy Williams appeal tomorrow

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;1842527 said:
I'd say the other way around.....

I don't want to see Roy trying to cover Cooley....The Panther TE's are not too tough

So do you think Keith Davis will do a better job against Cooley?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
December 18, 2007

New news on Roy Williams

11:30 AM Tue, Dec 18, 2007 | Permalink
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

The NFL will give Roy Williams more time to appeal his one-game suspension. Williams' people asked the league for more time to build a case so he can play on Saturday at Carolina.

Williams was suspended for one game by the NFL on Monday night for committing his third illegal horse-collar tackle of the season.

Williams can practice until his appeal is heard and he was seen at the media viewing of practice today.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Mr Goodell, if you only understood the type of defense we were playing, then you would clearly understand that my horsecollar was Keith Davis fault.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
So he's playing Saturday WG?

Good news, maybe we can get Watkins healthy enough to play back there against the Skins. and maybe we'll have HFA clinched then. Come on Chicago!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;1842604 said:
So he's playing Saturday WG?

Good news, maybe we can get Watkins healthy enough to play back there against the Skins. and maybe we'll have HFA clinched then. Come on Chicago!!
Not necessarily. It just means he can practice until Goodell hears his appeal and rules. And if Goodell doesn't rule before Sat, I think he'll be able to play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1842600 said:
The NFL will give Roy Williams more time to appeal his one-game suspension.
They gave Roy more time because the entire front office at NFL headquarters is rolling on the floor laughing that Roy is appealing in the first place.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The NFL will give Roy Williams more time to appeal his one-game suspension. Williams' people asked the league for more time to build a case so he can play on Saturday at Carolina. Williams was suspended for one game by the NFL on Monday night for committing his third illegal horse-collar tackle of the season. Williams can practice until his appeal is heard and he was seen at the media viewing of practice today.
That means he could get suspended for the Washington game or even playoffs. He should have done and taken the hit this week.

FCBarca

Reaction score
iceberg;1842367 said:
and what will be roys defense? roy, the best thing to do is STOP doing it.

According to some of the zoners in here, his defense is likely to be 'What else could I have done??' ;)

BigWillie

Reaction score
Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to have a case.

For instance, Roy could point out other numerous personal foul calls (i.e., face mask, helmet to helmet, late hits, etc.,) on other players that go without suspension. Basically, the league would be holding the "Horse Collar Rule" to a standard above the rest, which is needless to say, a bit unfair.

You can go further with that, but you get the idea.

bysbox1

Reaction score
BigWillie;1842684 said:
Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to have a case.

For instance, Roy could point out other numerous personal foul calls (i.e., face mask, helmet to helmet, late hits, etc.,) on other players that go without suspension. Basically, the league would be holding the "Horse Collar Rule" to a standard above the rest, which is needless to say, a bit unfair.

You can go further with that, but you get the idea.

I am certain that's exactly where he will go with it. And that may be enough to get this overturned. But if the suspension is overturned, then he will get hammered the next time he gets called for it.

And I would bet they don't hold the appeal out for much longer. We will know by Thursday whether he is playing Saturday or not. If he has to miss a game, this is the best one for him to miss.

Randy White

Reaction score
Roy:

" wait, wait... your highness..... yea, that's it, that's it.. your honorness... "

Roger Goodell:

" Commissioner will do, Mr Williams. "

Roy:

" OH, uh.. ok, Mr Commissionerneth.. see all I was trying to do was give my good buddy and dear old friend McChunky,..errr... McNabb, a pat in the back for such a well thought out and precisely excuted play.. yea, that's it.. a pat in the back "

Roger Goodell:

" Mr. Williams, the films show you, clearly, grabbing Mr. McNabbs shoulder pads and pulling him down. Also, as per the rule... "

Roy:

" See, see, see your highestness, it's not what you think you saw. I was, uh, umm, I was trying to straighten out his undershirt cuz, you know, the rules about uniforms and all, and I didn't want him to get fined and all, when my hand got caught, you see... yea.. that's it, got caught in his shouldermypads and.. "

Roger Goodell:

" Uh huh "..

Roy:

" and, you know, the shouldermypads didn't want to let go. So I asked myself ' what would roy williams do ?', you know the same thing I ask myself when I see a receiver running to me, so I says 'roy, you best get that hand out of there before it get broke ', so, you know, I just pulls it "..

Roger Goodell:

" Interesting story, Mr. Williams. Excuse me while a I bust a gut laughing before I upheld the one game suspension ".

TheGoat73

Reaction score
NewJCowboy;1842391 said:
Why not appeal!? The worse thing that could happen is that they uphold the suspension.

No the worst thing that can happen is Roy appeals and thereby demonstrates to the commish that he still doesn't get it.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
underdark;1842703 said:
No the worst thing that can happen is Roy appeals and thereby demonstrates to the commish that he still doesn't get it.
cause he's dumber than a box of rocks.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
My only regret is that Roy didn't snap McFlabb's leg in half on the play.

Sorry, still PO'd about that game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
underdark;1842703 said:

oh please, if there is a process to appeal and it costs nothing, take a shot. Robespierre is a butthead but I doubt he will do anything to Roy for doing what he is allowed to do under the house union's collective bargaining agreement.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Rack;1842707 said:
My only regret is that Roy didn't snap McFlabb's leg in half on the play.

Sorry, still PO'd about that game.

Better watch it Rack, I said a similar thing on Sunday and was called classless.

My view is, if you are going to get suspended for an illegal tackle, at least take the other guy out with you ;)

vicjagger

Reaction score
PFT? Is that the same group that's reporting Wade Phillips is missing?

Wade Phillips seems to have forgotten about his 1:30 cst press conference.

Valley Ranch officials are conducting a search to include the donut shop across the way. Stay tuned for further details.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
underdark;1842703 said:

If there is an appeals process for something that is going to cost me a weeks pay, then I would appeal regardless of the situation. That's just me though!

Also, I wouldn't give a d*** what the commissioner thought about it.