Twitter: PFT: Brandon Knight doesn't report to Ravens after waiver claim

Knotamus

Reaction score
This is an anomaly. Normally players are just happy to be able to be on a team. That said.. In today’s NFL, OL are hard to find. So if Knight believes he’s good enough, his position is one of the few positions that he might be able to pull off negotiating where he wants to play. Maybe he doesn’t want to be in Baltimore, Maybe his family is in Dallas and he doesn’t want to leave

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That makes no sense. Don’t know why he would not report. Good chance for playing time in Balt with Staley out for the year and another guard out.

Maybe he just missed a flight or something or that sniffle cold thing. Or maybe his agent knows a better offer is coming.

conner01

Reaction score
I read it was personal reasons but not sure what
I don’t think he’s married or has kids

Aven8

Reaction score
This might be having to move his family across country etc.

Reactions: BAT

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since he's not a starter nor was he claimed to be one, I suspect he is attempting to force the Ravens to release their claim on him.

The best way for a non-starter player who has been claimed to do that is to refuse to show, wait until the team signs another player, then inform the team you are coming.

If the team releases the newly signed player instead of you, then you back out again and refuse to show.

Most teams are not going to go through with a headache process for a backup player in most cases so they will likely give up, release him and move on.

John813

Reaction score
If I am correct the Ravens, having 'won' the waiver claim process, now control his rights so he can either play for the Ravens or not at all (unless the Ravens trade away his rights).

Yea, I'm seeing that too, they own his rights.

Guess we'll see which one blinks first.

Kind of odd we cut him for Ralston, then cut Ralston for Collins. I mean, I guess the team figured they had enough depth to risk losing him in the waiver wire.