Twitter: PFT: Brandon Knight doesn't report to Ravens after waiver claim

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Baltimore is bad but not as bad as Philly. Balt can’t top Kensington Ave yet. Yet being the operative word.

I live outside Baltimore. Haven’t been to the city in 5 years at least. It’s bad. Real bad.

People give Detroit a bad rep, and yes it has it's areas, but I never saw anything in Detroit like Kensington Ave in Philly. Blows your mind a place like that can exist in this country. Philly is rough.

nathanlt

Reaction score
If he is doing this simply because he wants to be a Cowboy and nobody else then that dude is my kind of guy.

Exactly... if I were a player on the Cowboys, SUPER BOWL BOUND... I would refuse all trades. No way I'd play for the enemy, whichever team that is. TRUE BLUE, or I'll apply for the first job available.

conner01

Reaction score
This is legit Cowboy news. Knight was cut and did not report. Knight might prefer the Cowboy PS rather than the Ravens. Maybe he has a hot Dallas girlfriend with a high-paying job and she said no way to a move.
Maybe he wanted to clear waivers so he’d be a FA

John813

Reaction score
Pay cut maybe? Going from Texas taxes to Maryland taxes is nothing to sneeze at. I've lived in Maryland for 50+ years so I know. As soon as my kids are out of the house I'll be Texas or Florida bound.

I would venture to say Balt+visiting city taxes take home >>> Practice squad pay in Dallas
Unless there was some handshake agreement with dallas that this demotion to the PS was temporary.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
*IF* a guy is willing to not play if he can't play in Dallas, then it likely speaks to the atmosphere created in the locker room among the players as one these guys have totally bought into
Or that he loves not paying state taxes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what does Knight do now? Wait another day or two before telling the Ravens he’s ready to show up, hoping they’ve changed their minds and moved on?

I have to think he’s in limbo at this point in time.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Since he's not a starter nor was he claimed to be one, I suspect he is attempting to force the Ravens to release their claim on him.

The best way for a non-starter player who has been claimed to do that is to refuse to show, wait until the team signs another player, then inform the team you are coming.

If the team releases the newly signed player instead of you, then you back out again and refuse to show.

Most teams are not going to go through with a headache process for a backup player in most cases so they will likely give up, release him and move on.
How does he affect their roster numbers?