News: PFT: Confirmed: Anthony Brown out for the year with a torn Achilles

Praxit

Reaction score
...BUT>>>> whatever happens dont put Bossman as replacement. He's a JAG.

We need to outsource from somewhere.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Brown gets ripped on around here but he is a solid CB. Need at least 4 guys at CB that you can count on.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wouldn't hate adding a vet like malcom butler.
kevin king has the length dan quinn seems to covet.
but i'm excited to see what daron bland and kelvin joseph do with this opportunity.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's much maligned by Cowboys Nation, but he's always in position to make plays. He just doesn't play the ball well when it's in the air (which is kind of important). I wish him a speedy recovery, even if we're moving on from him.

Definitely best suited for the slot. Final year of his contract and unfortunately he won't be healthy for the start of free agency so likely won't know his status until the summer at the earliest. Really bummed for him and wish him the best in his recovery.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The weird quote from Jerry was ..

Jones said. “He’s had an outstanding career."

Guessing Jerry is referencing Brown being a late round pick nobody thought would amount to much becoming a starter.

This is a big loss considering Dallas isn't moving DaRon Bland out of the slot and now Kelvin Joseph has to start. Also worried about depth now too.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Thought Kevin Smith tore his back in the early 90's and came back relatively quickly considering the old tech at the time.
Without checking it seemed to be about a year.
it was 1995.
I remember being stuck out side of Fort stockton with a burned out clutch hearing the news.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doubt we see him back in a Cowboys's uni.....he is a FA after the season and now with this injury.... Good Luck....

I feel bad for any player suffering an injury like that, but even more so one who’s a free agent year. The timing couldn’t have been worse.

Creeper

Reaction score
I rewatched the game and saw when it happened. It was a screen play to Taylor that went for about 20 yards or so. Brown was actually held on the play by the Colts receiver. In fact, it looked like the holding, the Colts player has his hand inside Brown's shoulder pad behind his neck, caused Brown to take a funny step. He started limping right away then left the game. It took the announcing team several game minutes to even notice Brown was out of the game and Joseph had come in.