News: PFT: Confirmed: Anthony Brown out for the year with a torn Achilles

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I caused this by bad-mouthing him after one of those catches on him.

My bad.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrible news for A Brown. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Feel bad for Anthony Brown. I sure I will be frustrated with Joseph getting beat deep the rest of the season because he does not look back for the ball either.

We are thin on the position right now. Is Lewis coming back?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Bummer. Get better and we'll see you back out there next season.

Double sucks for him as he was up for free agency I believe. Could have gotten another nice payday. At his age with the recovery timetable, who knows what his future holds.

Thanks Anthony for all the years of service. Good luck to you.

Carson

Reaction score

He’s a good dude for sure. I am not a professional scout and don’t watch All 22. So my opinion is just from the eye test. But he hasn’t been playing as well this year compared to last.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess we're going to find out how much we miss him. Bossman Fat better get ready; teams are going to gift him with a shopping spree at Targets.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
So long Ant…it’s been real. Strong possibility his career is over if he can’t play next season.

Shane612

Reaction score
Many here were trashing him yesterday.
They would say "he sucked, and should've been cut, anyway".
Talented CB are hard to find. He was, and is, a very capable player. Hope he makes a FULL recovery and comes back soon.

Creeper

Reaction score
Awful for AB. He is a solid player. The problem is a torn Achilles is a relatively long recovery. Depending on the degree of tearing it could be over a year before he is fully recovered. Needless to say his value in free agency just crashed. I feel really bad for him and wish him the best.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We're going to need to draft another CB. I have no faith in KJ

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The weird quote from Jerry was ..

Jones said. “He’s had an outstanding career."
I thought that too. Of course, Jerry often fumbles his words, but this comes across as if he thinks his career is over

817Gill

Reaction score
The weird quote from Jerry was ..

Jones said. “He’s had an outstanding career."
I think any 6th round pick would call AB’s career outstanding. His odds to even make an opening day roster were slim when he began his career. To be a solid starter who was on his way to a nice 3rd contract is really good. Outstanding may be a strong word but based on the odds he’s doing great.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Healthy next year?
Talk to anybody who has torn an AT for a truer picture.
1 full year to heal (for civilians). Can you imagine an NFL pro fully testing his mended Achilles Tendon?
Make it 2024, if tha, lad.
Thought Kevin Smith tore his back in the early 90's and came back relatively quickly considering the old tech at the time.
Without checking it seemed to be about a year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wonder if we stay with Joseph and Bland in current positions or Quinn decides to flip them, putting Bland wide, and Joseph in the slot.
Best case scenario is Joseph plays well enough to leave it as is, because Bland is already playing great in Lewis role.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That CB room is suddenly getting thin.
We still got secret sauce in A Wright in waiting, but in all seriousness, we might be looking at the rolodex to see if any street DBs are worth bringing in for some depth.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Man I feel bad for AB.
Dude is a hardworking overachiever.
6th round pick who became a really solid starter.
Last year of his current deal, and was likely in line for a raise in what could have been his last major payday as a Pro.
Achilles is a long road back and a lot of guys never regain all their quickness.
Prayers for AB.