News: PFT: Confirmed: Anthony Brown out for the year with a torn Achilles

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Solid all around CB. Joseph scares the crap out of me. He has some juice but seems like his football IQ is lacking.

Nashon Wright might get some looks as well. Get well AB.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Dear Leader: He will soon be 29 and unlikely to see play until 2024.
As a victim of a torn AT I can say that even after it heals (surgery, 4 months in a boot, rehabitation, learning to shower) in half a year, even a soft civilian would be tentative to walk and fully extend the appendage.. Big psychological barrier, Dear Leader.
Can he be our coverage chap at age 32 after 1 1/2 years off?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
All the best to A. Brown, hopefully he can come back healthy next year. I think we’ll be fine for now though, next man up.

Healthy next year?
Talk to anybody who has torn an AT for a truer picture.
1 full year to heal (for civilians). Can you imagine an NFL pro fully testing his mended Achilles Tendon?
Make it 2024, if tha, lad.

DanA

Reaction score
We’ve had recent experience with Kazee and Malik Hooker. I think Kazee was back in about 10 month and Hooker took more like 14 months (and really needed two pre-seasons).

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Dang, tough break. Cowboys going to have to bring someone in. At least Cox makes the lineup now

slick325

Reaction score
That's very unfortunate. Terrible news. Get healthy soon #3.

cej757

Reaction score
I definitely want to bring in a more experienced corner. We are way too young with guys who haven't been in this type of position to play important snaps. I would look at Kevin King, Xavier Rhodes, Trae Wayans or Bouye.

JJ1986

Reaction score
Next man up. Time for Joseph to step up…
Kelvin Joseph? We’re toast as that dude’s football IQ is lacking especially on special teams.

Shame on the fans last night calling for Brown to get injured. Absolutely disgusting behavior.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Horrible news, that’s awful and I wish him a speedy recovery. I’m not his biggest fan, but I never wanted him to get hurt. That sucks. Get well AB.

CWR

Reaction score
That really sux. He's a good, under rated player.

He also suffers from being a #2 with Diggs. Whomever holds down that spot will see plenty of action..

Maybe KJ grows before our eyes. Our depth at CB is now a concern as well.

CWR

Reaction score
Solid all around CB. Joseph scares the crap out of me. He has some juice but seems like his football IQ is lacking.

Nashon Wright might get some looks as well. Get well AB.

I curse at the kid a lot, him and Schultz are my go to whipping boys.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Bossman Fat is going to make us beg for Brown back! :muttley:

Unfortunately for Brown the tape is there and teams are scheming Hooker away from edging to the left and chancing long throws to AB on man coverage. Joseph gives different skill sets, but will help in the running game (maybe switch him with Diggs) and scheme coverage to follow him on the X receiver.