News: PFT: Confirmed: Anthony Brown out for the year with a torn Achilles

terra

Reaction score
Bad for Brown; Achilles tear is usually a two year injury and he is already 29.
Joseph has the physical tools but lacks the football IQ.

CB is a lot like QB; you look at many of the best and they are not all that physically gifted; but their football IQ is what makes them great.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
AB feel so bad for you , get well soon, we gonna miss you - Crazy thing is i am going through this exact injury right now i'm 1 month in

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big loss. But like i said in another thread its an opportunity for several guys in house to step up.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you could see the trainer holding it as they were leaving the field....made me cringe

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Big loss. But like i said in another thread its an opportunity for several guys in house to step up.
Yep, this is made for someone to step up and step in. In someway's it's easier for them (Joseph or Nahshon) coming in without the pressure of having to prove themselves (and Dan will change the scheming for their particular skills/weaknesses)....look at how Bland is coming along since Lewis's injury.

This was the basis of this season....throw in the youngsters and see whether they can grasp that starting job.

Reactions: CWR

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dang get well soon Brown.

I think this is the final year of his contract.

We may as well have seen the last of Anthony Brown as a Cowboy.
Joseph has a huge opportunity, if he messes it up, the Cowboys will have a huge need at the position come draft time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys moving on without AB this season. I wish him a speedy and full recovery. It's his contract year so maybe he returns on the cheap.

Carson

Reaction score
He's much maligned by Cowboys Nation, but he's always in position to make plays. He just doesn't play the ball well when it's in the air (which is kind of important). I wish him a speedy recovery, even if we're moving on from him.
He was solid last season outside of the egregious Raiders game.

He hasn’t been good this year. But I still wish him a speedy recovery and will admit the defense likely takes a step back without him

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Joseph has a huge opportunity, if he messes it up, the Cowboys will have a huge need at the position come draft time.
Yep, AB wasnt likely to be back and we have the perfect chance to see Joseph as CB2....it's his to lose, either you've got it or move on....at least he's and we have an extended look.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He was solid last season outside of the egregious Raiders game.

He hasn’t been good this year. But I still wish him a speedy recovery and will admit the defense likely takes a step back without him

I dont know if our defense will take a step back, more sideways. What it does mean that Offenses will have to re-write the book and Dan gets to scheme for a different skillset. In a copy-cat league AB was getting targeted on man and we didnt seem to have an answer.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Liked his work this year! Too bad

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Brother had the same happened to him his last year in the league and he just retired after that but hopefully and Praying he comes back from it.