PFT - Cowboys aren’t going to let Ezekiel Elliott’s holdout force their hand

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke clearly is being poorly mismanaged by his Greedy agent. This isn't like Zeke at all. I think he will be starting week 1 and playing under his current contract.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My opinion is he is one of the top RB in the NFL and will be paid accordingly. He is not asking to be paid more than a QB or DE or any other position other than RB. Now if you were the NFL rushing leader 2 out of your 1st 3 years would you assume you were the best if not one of the best? If so wouldn't you want to be paid accordingly? I do think all athletes are paid more than they truly are worth if you want to be honest. No way is Russell Wilson
worth 30 plus million a year but the league pays it. From the Cowboys point of view they have a team of 53 to pay and to keep key players Jerry is trying to get these deals to be spaced out to allow him the chance to pay these key players. I see the case for both sides but based on years of watching these situations play out all I can tell you is a deal will get worked out but in the meantime this drama will play out and fans will be upset. Once a deal is done the Cowboys will welcome Zeke with open arms and Zeke will come back ready to play
he is under contract. Wanna be paid accordingly? PLAY. Going to Cabo and holding out isn't a good optic and way to negotiate.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I fully expect both sides will agree on a deal. Meantime a lot of drama and fans that will be upset but in my opinion a deal will be reached and Zeke will be the starting RB for this team.
pwj6b.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’m fine with that but you gotta do a little better then Alfred Morris.
gotta take whats available..Cannot sign someone that's not available. MAYBE AJAYI wanted too much money or isn't physically right.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. The Eagles won their Super Bowl by committee they traded 4 backup running backs. They had a Slammer for first downs. And a guy that could possibly take it to the hole. Of course this is just all speculation. But what else do we have to do at this moment
Look back at the last 10 to 15 Superbowl winners and count how many "Bell Cow" RB's are on those teams. Not many. Do I want Zeke as a Cowboy? Sure, but not for what he is asking.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And what's your opinion on that? Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing?
I think its a bad thing if they give hm anew deal this early. Sets a VERY BAD presedent for the entire league.... although it probably wont matter since a new CBA is not too far off.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
he is under contract. Wanna be paid accordingly? PLAY. Going to Cabo and holding out isn't a good optic and way to negotiate.

True, Dak is under contract as well. Again in the end this will get worked out in my opinion. Right now not going to fret over it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think its a bad thing if they give hm anew deal this early. Sets a VERY BAD presedent for the entire league.... although it probably wont matter since a new CBA is not too far off.

I agree. Sets a bad precedent that the contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on and if you're not happy and want more, just step on up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
True, Dak is under contract as well. Again in the end this will get worked out in my opinion. Right now not going to fret over it
that's right. Good point. The sky isn't falling. Its just high stakes chess.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree. Sets a bad precedent that the contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on and if you're not happy and want more, just step on up.
agree guys. The man has 2 years remaining. AT BEST he can revisit a new deal NEXT offseason. Not sure whats so hard for Zeke to grasp here.My hunch is,its his agent doing this thinking he can force Jerrys hand.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a PFT piece from Charean Williams. Given her long-time connection to the team, I'd say this is as close as we get to their "official position" short of it being a press release. I think the team is stating their position on this deal through her writing:

Ezekiel Elliott appears to have drawn a line in the sand. The Cowboys have followed with a line of their own.

A source said the Cowboys are not going to let the star running back’s holdout force their hand. The team is not going to budge on its budget.

The question, then, is: Does Elliott give in, one way or the other?

Elliott didn’t report to training camp Friday with the rest of his teammates. Two days later, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said a rushing champion isn’t necessary to win a Super Bowl.

The Cowboys value Elliott, but the league doesn’t value the position.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...et-ezekiel-elliotts-holdout-force-their-hand/

Jerry/Stephen Jones should just say "We don't expect Zeke to play this year and we are planning to move forward without him".