PFT: Cowboys have had contract talks with Dak but no urgency to do a deal now

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nothing.

Dak is gone after the season just like he always was.

Did you read this from the article??????

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X
: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's virtually impossible to decipher if the FO is serious about not giving Dak a contract or merely jockeying for advantage. :huh:
It's an awkward situation, at best. If the front office is really serious about their position, their desperation is quite obvious. :grin:
A line has apparently been drawn in the sand . . . which seemingly presents reminders of the Texans' plight at the Alamo!! :omg:

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Did you read this from the article??????

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”
I don’t care what Nick Harris, Jerry, Dak, France, or Stephen says.

I care that they do.

You can’t pick and choose when you believe them to fit what you want to happen.

There will be no deal just like some of us have been saying all along.

Jerry is football dumb, but he’s not business dumb. Getting burned twice by Dak is bad for business. That’s why it’s not gonna happen.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don’t care what Nick Harris, Jerry, Dak, France, or Stephen says.

I care that they do.

You can’t pick and choose when you believe them to fit what you want to happen.

There will be no deal just like some of us have been saying all along.

Jerry is football dumb, but he’s not business dumb. Getting burned twice by Dak is bad for business. That’s why it’s not gonna happen.
LOL .....you're delusional Mountaineer.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
. . ?????? .......over thirty pages of posts. If you believe this, it's just a matter of when he's extended but not going anywhere.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...prescott-but-feel-no-urgency-to-do-a-deal-now

Cowboys: We have had contract talks with Dak Prescott but feel no urgency to do a deal now​

Published March 26, 2024 04:57 PM
Giving the Dakdavidian false hopes ok it's a free country so no biggie here.
Keep on hoping and wishing that this most average choking QB will get that coveted extension.
Hope on I guess...................
P.S. Enjoy him this coming season as it will be his last as a Cowboy!

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Dak will be long gone and his delusional fanatics will still be waiting for this ''imminent extension'' that's never going to happen. Whatever helps you sleep at night fellas.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense to let him play through the current deal? Clearly they are treating the roster like that’s the decision. Maybe hold on to him and a playoff team loses their QB? Could trade him then. Neither side has leverage. A long term extension would suck. I despise Jerry but I am glad it is going this way.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You’re on record for thinking an extension would be done by March 13th.
Show me
You have me confused with someone else.......I have said a trade before the draft is possible but that's it.

But this is what you do, make stuff up and expect others to believe it........how arrogant can you be?

John813

Reaction score
It's the offseason. So, I expect next week someone else to post on twitter that the team hasn't talked to Dak and then a rebuttal.
Repeat.

I still believe the front office just doesn't care to get anything done now in general for deals. They are hard at work doing everything but football. Once training camp comes around I expect that's when they will actually "try".
May not get it done, but I doubt Stephen cares to talk to France now.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If there is no urgency now why would there be more urgency in the future?

The opportunity for the cowboys to get a deal done for cap relief is gone. The closer Dak gets to free agency his sense of urgency should go down in theory.

Maybe this is just one big game of chicken, but a failure to act sooner only hurts this franchise.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Wouldn’t it make sense to let him play through the current deal? Clearly they are treating the roster like that’s the decision. Maybe hold on to him and a playoff team loses their QB? Could trade him then. Neither side has leverage. A long term extension would suck. I despise Jerry but I am glad it is going this way.
Yea, dont think it's in anyone's interest to 'resolve' it now. Both sides can see this is a CAP resetting year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Giving the Dakdavidian false hopes ok it's a free country so no biggie here.
Keep on hoping and wishing that this most average choking QB will get that coveted extension.
Hope on I guess...................
P.S. Enjoy him this coming season as it will be his last as a Cowboy!
You guys are fighting with the people.......we didn't create this mess. Jerry did.......lol
I'm pretty sure MOST, if not all Dak pro fans want the same thing you want...... He and this issue gone. Yet you still trying to pick a fight .......lol
C'mon man