PFT: Cowboys have had contract talks with Dak but no urgency to do a deal now

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why is this article different than any of the others?

Why is this one creating outrage that’s any different than the other one?

People trying to read the tea leaves every day.but I’m missing what makes this one unique or some type of gotcha.

There could be some type of gotcha every day I suppose.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If there is no urgency now why would there be more urgency in the future?

The opportunity for the cowboys to get a deal done for cap relief is gone. The closer Dak gets to free agency his sense of urgency should go down in theory.

Maybe this is just one big game of chicken, but a failure to act sooner only hurts this franchise.
Who knows........it's like one hand is talking while the other hand is taking it back. (lol)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why is this article different than any of the others?

Why is this one creating outrage that’s any different than the other one?

People trying to read the tea leaves every day.but I’m missing what makes this one unique or some type of gotcha.

There could be some type of gotcha every day I suppose.
This ...........

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media used part of the quote with a “breaking news” banner, citing sources, that Prescott is expected to play on his current contract for 2024.

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don’t care what Nick Harris, Jerry, Dak, France, or Stephen says.

I care that they do.

You can’t pick and choose when you believe them to fit what you want to happen.

There will be no deal just like some of us have been saying all along.

Jerry is football dumb, but he’s not business dumb. Getting burned twice by Dak is bad for business. That’s why it’s not gonna happen.
I still think they will sign him eventually, this unusual stuff could be to get him to sign at a lower price.
I think they want to keep him, but dont like paying what he wants.
Eventually they will cave and extend him.

It is still possible they dont, but more likely they do.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This ...........

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media used part of the quote with a “breaking news” banner, citing sources, that Prescott is expected to play on his current contract for 2024.

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”
There's bound to be a PR kick back (from both sides), 'it's not our fault. it's their's'.

Maybe this is just one big game of chicken, but a failure to act sooner only hurts this franchise.
Which is one of the reasons why the Jones' arent BUYER's this year (if they need a reason)..... they arent giving Dak a roster that highlight's and extenuates his potential earnings.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Show me
You have me confused with someone else.......I have said a trade before the draft is possible but that's it.

But this is what you do, make stuff up and expect others to believe it........how arrogant can you be?
You voted “yes” in Pappys poll that an extension would be done by March 12th.

I bookmarked it specifically to look back on whenever someone wants to act like they know what they’re talking about.

You guys are like doomsday prophets, you cling to a date, and when said date comes and goes you cling to a new one. And the best part is the people that said nothing is going to happen the whole time are the “delusional” ones to y'all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I still think they will sign him eventually, this unusual stuff could be to get him to sign at a lower price.
I think they want to keep him, but dont like paying what he wants.
Eventually they will cave and extend him.

It is still possible they dont, but more likely they do.
lol ok

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys are fighting with the people.......we didn't create this mess. Jerry did.......lol
I'm pretty sure MOST, if not all Dak pro fans want the same thing you want...... He and this issue gone. Yet you still trying to pick a fight .......lol
C'mon man
Debating is NOT fighting.
Just expressing my opinion on your post.
Mike Tyson fights not the PAPPY!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I bookmarked it specifically to look back on whenever someone wants to act like they know what they’re talking about.
Are you serious? Does it mean that much to you????? LOL.....I don't know what to say man...you have some issues.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You voted “yes” in Pappys poll that an extension would be done by March 12th.

You guys are like doomsday prophets, you cling to a date, and when said date comes and goes you cling to a new one. And the best part is the people that said nothing is going to happen the whole time are the “delusional” ones to y'all.
This is how desperate their situation was as they bet and hoped on Jerry's idiot ways and sold themselves and us that would be the reason a Dak extension was guaranteed by March 13th as we were going ALL-In baby.
Well, surprise as no matter how you dress a PIG it's still a PIG!!!!
And Ya even Jerry can tell the difference between a Pig and a real Franchise QB after what he has witnessed the last 8 years!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is how desperate their situation was as they bet and hoped on Jerry's idiot ways and sold themselves and us that would be the reason a Dak extension was guaranteed by March 13th as we were going ALL-In baby.
Well, surprise as no matter how you dress a PIG it's still a PIG!!!!
And Ya even Jerry can tell the difference between a Pig and a real Franchise QB after what he has witnessed the last 8 years!
They try to deny their March 12th prediction and call us liars.

To bad for them their “yes” votes on your poll is easily available to look back on.

They didn’t bank on that when they went into denial mode.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I think their best move is to tell him he's free to seek a trade because they're not doing a extension. He's not going to have the same team surrounding him as he's used to. So his value may be the highest right now..

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL would be sooooo Dallas to extend him and open up cap space after FA.

We really are an org run by dipwads.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think They have a basic deal worked out. But if they pay him all that money and still keep him it’s dumb. Why wouldn’t you do the contract to make the cap money way less and sign players. Unless they want to pay the money and get the money off the books to have more later down the road. Or have the option to let him walk. But I think JJ keeps him.

Flamma

Reaction score
This franchise doesn't care about winning, so sign him, don't sign him, I no longer care. Give him $5 or $500 mil a season and it still won't matter. You're going to get the same performance either way.
I completely agree. It's not going to matter what they do with Dak, so I don't care either. More and more people are seeing that this front office does nothing to try to get better from the previous season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think They have a basic deal worked out. But if they pay him all that money and still keep him it’s dumb. Why wouldn’t you do the contract to make the cap money way less and sign players. Unless they want to pay the money and get the money off the books to have more later down the road. Or have the option to let him walk. But I think JJ keeps him.
I think Jerry wants to keep him but only for a certain price UNLESS he can lead this team deep into the postseason.