PFT: Cowboys have had contract talks with Dak but no urgency to do a deal now

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It may not be a "pressurized situation" but there are most definitely advantages for both sides to agree on a deal sooner rather than later.

It makes no sense to wait unless they are miles apart on terms, or one party or the other wants a divorce.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Bingo! It certainly seems like it. Kinda like a parent telling their kid.......ain't spending any more on you until you deserve it (lol)
Spot on.....we know Jerry will eventually capitulate....which is one of the reasons why we're in the situation we're in, because EVERYONE knows our intentions (eg Coop, 2023 draft us wanting a Guard and TE).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It may not be a "pressurized situation" but there are most definitely advantages for both sides to agree on a deal sooner rather than later.

It makes no sense to wait unless they are miles apart on terms, or one party or the other wants a divorce.
But if France goes into negotiations with the same demands he did last time then the FO's position makes every sense.
With an O-Line missing their All-Pro LT, playing a rookie C and a running game that'll allow the 49ers to stop the run with 3 up front....AND A MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE, let's see Dak raise his worth.

Let Dak play out the season and let the market determine his worth and whether he can get: the money, Geography and a good team....he will be lucky to get everything he wants.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I still think they will sign him eventually, this unusual stuff could be to get him to sign at a lower price.
I think they want to keep him, but dont like paying what he wants.
Eventually they will cave and extend him.

It is still possible they dont, but more likely they do.
You are probably right, which is even more disgusting that the FO would bluster all along about not caving...and then cave at the worst possible time where we couldn't even take advantage of a horrible idea.

It's sad that we really expect...and get...the worst from this FO. I mean when was the last time we all said "Great job!" based on a plan the FO has executed?

Aven8

Reaction score
“These things have a way to come together at the very last second…”. Stephen Jones

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Did you read this from the article??????

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”
The door remains open, the window has slammed shut.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think Jerry wants to keep him but only for a certain price UNLESS he can lead this team deep into the postseason.
If Dak couldn't lead it with the 2023 roster, he's not doing it in 2024.
Dak's fault....no. But 2024's Dak's chance to earn that 'market setting' contract (on his terms), if he doesn't stand out I wonder if he gets EVERYTHING he wants. I bet he'll be interested in the draft (and Goff/Tua's off season).

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
LOL would be sooooo Dallas to extend him and open up cap space after FA.

We really are an org run by dipwads.
It's almost a done deal that they would handle this in the worst way possible.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
But if France goes into negotiations with the same demands he did last time then the FO's position makes every sense.
With an O-Line missing their All-Pro LT, playing a rookie C and a running game that'll allow the 49ers to stop the run with 3 up front....AND A MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE, let's see Dak raise his worth.

Let Dak play out the season and let the market determine his worth and whether he can get: the money, Geography and a good team....he will be lucky to get everything he wants.
I agree, think the cowboys would be more than happy to extend Dak at a contract similar to Burrow and Jackson but I think France wants to drastically reset the market north of $60! He might get that in the open market but he isn’t good enough to win in the playoffs taking that chunk of the cap. Not a Dak hater, he had an unbelievable year and is a top 10 QB but can’t be paid like the best ever.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Well if he is signed, he is signed. We will just be wasting another three years because he isn’t good enough to win 3 games in January.

Qcard

Reaction score
. . ?????? .......over thirty pages of posts. If you believe this, it's just a matter of when he's extended but not going anywhere.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...prescott-but-feel-no-urgency-to-do-a-deal-now

Cowboys: We have had contract talks with Dak Prescott but feel no urgency to do a deal now​

Published March 26, 2024 04:57 PM
Color me shocked!!! :laugh: :lmao2:

Dak Haters Narrative 2019 - dAk wOn’T gEt ThE Exclusive Franchise Tag

Dak Haters Narrative 2020 - jERry WOn’T gIVe injured DAk a nEW cONtRacT

Dak Haters Narrative 2024 - tHiS iS daK lAsT sEaSon

Why have Dak Haters”limited their profiles”?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Qcard

Reaction score
i think he is spot on with what he is saying
The deal is DONE……in my opinion 4 year extension $240M ($180M guaranteed)

Just enjoy the narratives….remember Dak Haters HAVE NEVER BEEN RIGHT ABOUT PRESCOTT CONTRACT :lmao2:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
That GB first half was a real eyeopener for Jerry. Add to that how horrible the offense operated in that first half and Dak's miscues and the befuddled look on his face. How many 8 year starters do you see that look that bad? And you can't claim that he didn't have time to throw the ball he absolutely looked lost trying to read the defense the Packers were running out there.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Jerry wants to keep him but only for a certain price UNLESS he can lead this team deep into the postseason.
He is gonna need help. Dak or most QBs can’t do it without a team effort. Give him a run game and WRs. And time to get the ball out. Lol. Of course we need to stop the run also. If we can’t then will be a lot of shoot outs. Main thing opposing teams will try to do to us is run the ball.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you read this from the article??????

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”
To be honest it doesnt surprise me that they dont feel the need to hurry. They could clear cap space to make moves, but when do they every make moves? This offseason has been pretty much standard