PFT: Cowboys have had contract talks with Dak but no urgency to do a deal now

Kwyn

Reaction score
This ...........

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media used part of the quote with a “breaking news” banner, citing sources, that Prescott is expected to play on his current contract for 2024.

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”
The big deal is that Nick Harris sent out a tweet?

I guess I just don’t see it.

Oh well, we gotta have a couple od dal threads every day. Might as well be this one.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jerry NOT only doesn't want to keep him as things are looking he wants vengeance and is setting him up this coming season to fail in the most grandiose fashion.
Vengeance? Let’s not be dramatic.

jujoboys

Reaction score
. . ?????? .......over thirty pages of posts. If you believe this, it's just a matter of when he's extended but not going anywhere.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...prescott-but-feel-no-urgency-to-do-a-deal-now

Cowboys: We have had contract talks with Dak Prescott but feel no urgency to do a deal now​

Published March 26, 2024 04:57 PM
This is not surprising. I bet he gets extended in training camp just prior to the start of the season. This keeps Dak's contract status in the news which keeps Jerry happy and giddy because every sports media outlet is talking about it through the entire offseason. Then he will strike a deal just prior to the season starting for maximum coverage and analysis of the deal and what it means going forward. This is all a show and entertainment for Jerry. More drama equals more cameras and more interviews.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Did you read this from the article??????

The Cowboys then took the unusual step of responding publicly, with team website employee Nick Harris replying to Rapoport on X: “Per the team, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys have had extension discussions but it is ‘not a pressurized situation for either at this point.’ The door remains open for a deal to get done this offseason or during the 2024 season, but there is no urgency as of now.”

This is exactly what a PR team does. It was a national report and they needed to throw some water on it whether this is true or not. But nonetheless this is an excellent PR statement because it gives leeway.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
This franchise doesn't care about winning, so sign him, don't sign him, I no longer care. Give him $5 or $500 mil a season and it still won't matter. You're going to get the same performance either way.
Yup. Cowboys don't want to win period