News: PFT: Cowboys offered a first-rounder plus a third-day pick for Jamal Adams

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
2014 - Demarcus Lawrence
2015 - Randy Gregory
2016 - Jaylon Smith
2017 - Chidobe Awuzie
2018 - Connor Williams

Considering the bust rate of 2nd rounders, I'd say that was some pretty good drafting.
I thought the 2 2nd's to be too much draft capital , in essence you are sending 3 chips to the Jets for one player. He's an upgrade at SS no doubt but that leaves the cupboard bare for 2020. You get Adams and that's pretty much it. Those picks can be used on 3 players or used to move up in the draft or traded for other players at a better value.

fansince68

Reaction score
2014 - Demarcus Lawrence
2015 - Randy Gregory
2016 - Jaylon Smith
2017 - Chidobe Awuzie
2018 - Connor Williams

Considering the bust rate of 2nd rounders, I'd say that was some pretty good drafting.
Gregory? Nope....and Awuzie is very suspect if you ask me. Jury still out on Connor.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
2014 - Demarcus Lawrence
2015 - Randy Gregory
2016 - Jaylon Smith
2017 - Chidobe Awuzie
2018 - Connor Williams

Dlaw only probolwer on the list...……...Jaylon looks good, but still has not taken that next step yet.

Randy Gregory smoked himself out of the league, Chidobe cant cover my grandmother using her walker, and Connor Williams gets his @#$% pushed in almost every game, weakest link of the entire oline.

So out of 5 second round picks, we have 1 probowl player and 1 good player and the rest (3 out of 5) are pretty much scurbs.

That is a 60% bust rate, you think that is actually good?

quickccc

Reaction score
there's always the offseason, and if i'm the Cowboys I still stand by the deadline offer of 1st and a 4th for Adams, at the least.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dlaw only probolwer on the list...……...Jaylon looks good, but still has not taken that next step yet.

Randy Gregory smoked himself out of the league, Chidobe cant cover my grandmother using her walker, and Connor Williams gets his @#$% pushed in almost every game, weakest link of the entire oline.

So out of 5 second round picks, we have 1 probowl player and 1 good player and the rest (3 out of 5) are pretty much scurbs.

That is a 60% bust rate, you think that is actually good?

Jaylon made the pro bowl, but we wait to see if he is a perennial pro bowler.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys made a fair offer but Jets wanted more which is their choice. I think Cowboys giving up more than what they offered would have been a mistake. While I would like to see an upgrade at SS I would add Heath play has not been bad thus far this season.

lostar2009

Reaction score
There was safeties in the past several drafts plus FA available that would've upgraded Heath. It's so stupid this team take too long to upgrade positions. Next draft it will be known we looking for a safety.

Jipper

Reaction score
don't forget the Robert Quinn trade ..and he's ballin' and looking like his Rams- Pro Bowl dayz.

people sometimes act like picks mean nothing and we should just trade everything away....many of those don't realize we are as good as we are now bc of our drafting....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Increasing it to 2 first rounders as the article implies they wanted, would've been a plunger move by JJ that would've set us back for a long time. No one guy is worth that, especially at a S position. So glad that didn't happen!

Proof positive that the conclusion drawn by many observers after that fiasco, is that the Jets simply didn't want to let Adams go.

As it turns out, the whole thing was nothing but a farce, most likely to convince Adams that they actually attempted to trade him.

Last edited: