PFT: Cowboys seem to be willing to let Dak Prescott hit the market in 2025

stiletto

Reaction score
By opting for a modest kicking of the salary-cap can in 2024, the Cowboys embark on the last year of quarterback Dak Prescott’s contract at a cap number of $55.455 million. With no ability to tag him in 2025, and no apparent inclination to extend the deal now, the Cowboys seem to be willing to let him finish the contract and see what happens.

Full Article:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ng-to-let-dak-prescott-hit-the-market-in-2025

rambo2

Reaction score
By opting for a modest kicking of the salary-cap can in 2024, the Cowboys embark on the last year of quarterback Dak Prescott’s contract at a cap number of $55.455 million. With no ability to tag him in 2025, and no apparent inclination to extend the deal now, the Cowboys seem to be willing to let him finish the contract and see what happens.

Full Article:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ng-to-let-dak-prescott-hit-the-market-in-2025
It actually looks like they will extend him.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I still believe they'll extend-

BUT, a small part of me thinks a draft day trade - isn't out of the realm of possibility
with who? only viable team i see is minnesota. they got 2 first round picks. but will they give those up to go with a vet QB who hasn’t shown to be capable of winning when it counts? they’d be back to Kirk Cousins 2.0

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I still believe they'll extend-

BUT, a small part of me thinks a draft day trade - isn't out of the realm of possibility
No draft day trade. If Dak were willing to waive the no-trade clause, a new 4yr/$240M would have to be in place before any trade would happen, it is improbable that could be done on draft day.

John813

Reaction score
Wasn't there a report out that they'll talk contract numbers around training camp?

If Dallas want's to keep him, it'll be ideal to sign him before his deal voids imo.

jgboys1

Reaction score
It looks like they will have a good team as long as he is the qb. Getting rid of him would put that in danger. They want to stay good as long as possible.
They are going to try and keep that Super Bowl window open as long as possible

I think that shipped has sailed but we will see what they have left after they extend Dak.

This team will probabbly be pretty awful in another 2 or 3 years, if we extend Dak for another 5 years,

JBS

Reaction score
Not that it matters that much but Daks dead cap figure is 40M next season, not more than 50M. I believe so, at least.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It actually looks like they will extend him.
omg-glasses.png

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are going to try and keep that Super Bowl window open as long as possible

I think that shipped has sailed but we will see what they have left after they extend Dak.

This team will probabbly be pretty awful in another 2 or 3 years, if we extend Dak for another 5 years,
Cowboys SB window with Dak................
8cczll.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect the Cowboys are waiting for TC to progress before signing Dak. The results they see with Lance may have impacted their thinking.

Actually, it seems to me that Jerry's favor has waned somewhat about his devotion to Dak, while Stephen is still favoring signing Dak ASAP.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Jerry would like to see how well Lance performs, when evaluating him to see if he can develop impressively.

Last edited: