News: PFT: Cowboys should lift NDAs, allowing cheerleaders to tell their stories regarding voyeurism

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This only got "squashed" b/c the cheerleaders agreed to squash it and took a huge settlement. They already had their choice to go public but took the money. Cheerleaders in 2018 got paid 200-400 per game. They got the equivalent of cheering for 80 years in one lump sum.
Yea but there had to be some substance to their claims to receive such a settlement. The timing of keeping this under wraps when if occurred is most suspicious to me .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Maybe not but it’s at least suspect why this wasn’t disclosed at the time it occurred or why any disciplinary action wasn’t taken.

1) You don't know if there was any disciplinary action or not. Jerry could taken the 2.4 mil out of Dalrymple's paychecks for all we know.
2) There was an investigation which found no evidence of wrongdoing so in the eyes of the organization there was none owed. People will want to dismiss that investigation as a sham but even the Cowboys would not survive running afoul of EEOC complaints. That gets the feds sniffing around you.. and that's never good for anybody.
3) The organization is under no obligation to publicize internal personnel matters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and who disagrees? Hes gone, girls were given a ridiculous amount of money for the incident, and life moves on.
Based on what? If that were your wife or daughter, what's the price for their silence?

Since what he did in the dressing room is a misdemeanor in Texas and it was just one cheerleader who could identify him, what chance did they have of accomplishing anything except raising a stir?

It was 600K per woman less the attorney fees and I'd bet every attorney counseled them to take it.

The question I have in all of this is does this ex exec even exist or is this the one that identified him and feeling guilty over taking a payoff, which is exactly what that was. They bought the silence of the 4 cheerleaders.

Whoever this ex exec is sure knows a lot about it and had access to the NDA's to show a copy to the ESPN reporter.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but there had to be some substance to their claims to receive such a settlement. The timing of keeping this under wraps when if occurred is most suspicious to me .
The man they were accusing was busy selling Booger as a HOF candidate because of his contributions to their pockets. Think he's getting in the HOF if this goes public? It's not about Booger but the guy that's been selling him. No way are they putting him in the HOF.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) You don't know if there was any disciplinary action or not. Jerry could taken the 2.4 mil out of Dalrymple's paychecks for all we know.
2) There was an INTERNAL investigation which found no evidence of wrongdoing so in the eyes of the organization there was none owed. People will want to dismiss that investigation as a sham but even the Cowboys would not survive running afoul of EEOC complaints. That gets the feds sniffing around you.. and that's never good for anybody.
3) The organization is under no obligation to publicize internal personnel matters.
FIFY, the guy who investigated it is the crisis management person and he has one job to do, keep his employer out of trouble. You know what companies do when they bring in crisis management people? The first thing is get them on NDA's because they will be privy to the most guarded secrets, just like lawyers.

Booger proudly played the "I ain't being extorted" when he was caught with the two strippers but forks over 2.4M in a he said/she said situation? He was motivated, the cheerleaders should have held out for more.

The other unexplained parts of this are where was the second security guard and the one at the next station wanted to call the Arlington Police but didn't, how much did he get? And why was Dalrymple in there? Was he there because he's a peeper or is there more to this? Missing security guard and Dalrymple had just left the luncheon where the cheerleaders were and knew exactly where they'd be. Did he think they were changing in the men's room 20' away?

There is more silence in this than from the 4 cheerleaders, neither Dalrymple or the Jones family is talking.

I agree with the NFL's stance on this, it's none of their business.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
FIFY, the guy who investigated it is the crisis management person and he has one job to do, keep his employer out of trouble. You know what companies do when they bring in crisis management people? The first thing is get them on NDA's because they will be privy to the most guarded secrets, just like lawyers.

Booger proudly played the "I ain't being extorted" when he was caught with the two strippers but forks over 2.4M in a he said/she said situation? He was motivated, the cheerleaders should have held out for more.

The other unexplained parts of this are where was the second security guard and the one at the next station wanted to call the Arlington Police but didn't, how much did he get? And why was Dalrymple in there? Was he there because he's a peeper or is there more to this? Missing security guard and Dalrymple had just left the luncheon where the cheerleaders were and knew exactly where they'd be. Did he think they were changing in the men's room 20' away?

There is more silence in this than from the 4 cheerleaders, neither Dalrymple or the Jones family is talking.

None of the Jones circle or Rich has anything to gain from talking about this. No matter what they say the people who have already convicted them will say they are lying. Should they come out and say we were bad and should endure more punishment? It also bears stating that the internal investigator would have had to talk to more than himself to do his due diligence. There's probably 25-30 people with intimate knowledge of the investigation, the goings on and what not, including the Cowboys' own HR department. Did Jerry buy them all off? How did all of them keep quiet on this for 6 years? I do agree with you about it being none of the NFLs business.. and mine either. All parties involved are grownups..

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Well done .

There probably is much more to this than we’ll ever know. And the only reason the NFL would get involved is if there was some kind of coverup.

Buy I think overall you’ve hit the nail on the head with the timing around Rich’s pursuit for Jethro’s induction which is all the motive they needed to sweep this under the rug.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on what? If that were your wife or daughter, what's the price for their silence?

Since what he did in the dressing room is a misdemeanor in Texas and it was just one cheerleader who could identify him, what chance did they have of accomplishing anything except raising a stir?

It was 600K per woman less the attorney fees and I'd bet every attorney counseled them to take it.

The question I have in all of this is does this ex exec even exist or is this the one that identified him and feeling guilty over taking a payoff, which is exactly what that was. They bought the silence of the 4 cheerleaders.

Whoever this ex exec is sure knows a lot about it and had access to the NDA's to show a copy to the ESPN reporter.
Yep.. it’s unlikely this was all there was to it. It’s shameful we have a couple of sympathizers or sheer homers defending such potential criminal activity and at least perverted behavior.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yep.. it’s unlikely this was all there was to it. It’s shameful we have a couple of sympathizers or sheer homers defending such potential criminal activity and at least perverted behavior.
I would have gave him 10 dollars just to take me in with him

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yep.. it’s unlikely this was all there was to it. It’s shameful we have a couple of sympathizers or sheer homers defending such potential criminal behavior.

Who here have you seen defending criminal behavior? Please highlight the posts of anyone saying that it was "okay" for someone to peep in on the girls undressing?

Reid1boys

Reaction score

First off, I have 4 daughters and a wife of 36 years. If it were my wife... I may not have wanted her to settle, but what would have been my decision is irrelevant. The 600k was enough for the woman in question, thats all that matters.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

what you fail to see is that I defend the parties rights to work this out on their own. They did, so I am nobody to sit here and demand answers of anyone. Something you and many others cant do, because damn it... heads need to roll!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The man they were accusing was busy selling Booger as a HOF candidate because of his contributions to their pockets. Think he's getting in the HOF if this goes public? It's not about Booger but the guy that's been selling him. No way are they putting him in the HOF.
Nobody needed to "Sell," Jerry to get him in the HOF. Jerry is easily the most influential owner of the past 30 years. He belongs in.. easily, no matter what you think.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yep.. it’s unlikely this was all there was to it. It’s shameful we have a couple sheer homers defending such potential criminal activity and at least perverted behavior.

Brother man, it's over and done with, it's the past, no need to cry over spilled milk. Stop tilting at wind mills. Take a deep breath, build a bridge and get over it. It's not like someone got killed or murderer.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't believe anybody has EVER said anything to the effect that it's "ok." At least not here. What I AM telling you is that this business of destroying people years after an incident because doing so now suit whatever agenda someone might have is dangerous .. To EVERY one.. You, me.. Jerry Jones.. everybody. The Epstein and Weinstein and Cosby women a lot of them DID put their stories out and eventually justice was served. Some of them went to authorities immediately. I respect those women immensely. The ones I don't respect are the ones who came out of the woodwork 20 years later. Each of them had the opportunity to put a stop to these activities and many of them chose not to. Some in exchange for plain ole cashola and some for fear of what it might do to their "careers."

And again, you have chosen to condemn this man without any tangible proof whatsoever that things happened the way the people who got paid NOT to tell the story are now telling it. I will not do that. If proof is made available that proves it did.. then my stance will change.. Until then.. I'm going to treat Dalrymple as an American citizen.. so he will remain innocent until proven guilty in my eyes.
The fact you say the ones you “don’t respect are the ones who come out years later” shows me you’ve never been a victim of anything of this sort. It took me years of therapy to finally admit in public the things that happened to me as a kid. Typical victim blaming bull jive is all I see here.

plymkr

Reaction score
You sure that was the phone? They took his company phone. Is he going to use a company phone to do that or another? He said he didn't have a personal phone, is he lying?

The money isn't an issue to me, they had lawyers and if you've worked with them, they are all about "take the money, that's the best you can expect". The lawyers made 800K and knew they would have a tough time in court proving the allegations.

But Dre, the damning part of this isn't the dressing room incident or the war room one. This guy was considered the best at what he did and did it for 32 years and was considered Booger's right hand and after he suddenly announces his retirement. Two spotlight seeking magpies are totally silent? They didn't even put up anything on their web site about him.

I think they kept him on after the incident(s) to get Booger into the HOF with the understanding if any of this ever came to light, he would fall on his sword. Shortly after the crisis manager, Wilkinson, contacted the ESPN reporter, Dalrymple announces his retirement with 0 response from the Jones family or anyone on the club.
I completely agree. The part of this story that makes me believe that there's something to it and possibly this is the tip of the iceberg of some other bad behavior is Jerry's silence. Since 1989 Jerry has never seen a microphone or interview he didn't like. To my knowledge he has never did a "no comment" or refused to talk. For a guy that wants non stop attention and is always talking to be silent is pretty telling. Love or hate Jerry, it's pretty obvious Jerry is acting different about this issue. That's pretty scary.

plymkr

Reaction score
This whole incident, it’s cover-up and the fact that Dalrymple remained in his job five + years after this happened speaks to the cancer that destroys this organization year after year: There is zero accountability for those in executive positions. And if there is zero accountability at the top, it cannot exist anywhere else.

This is the root of the cancer eating this entire organization. It’s actually a life truth that no one can dodge- even billionaires- If you dodge accountability to protect yourself or friends and family, you are actually destroying your own organization.
Well said. How can we have accountability in any aspect of the organization if Jerry allows this type of behavior from the top.