News: PFT: Cowboys should lift NDAs, allowing cheerleaders to tell their stories regarding voyeurism

sunalsorises

Reaction score
We've already heard Aikman confirm he "dated" some cheerleaders, which is 100% against the rules, so what else has gone on that they'd prefer the media didn't know about because there is no team in the sports world they'd love to spear more than the Cowboys. Do you think Aikman and the cheerleaders was unknown to the head of the cheerleaders and Booger?

I thought Aikman said some cheerleaders got dismissed for dating players. Didn’t he say he felt bad about it when it happened? I have to imagine many players dated cheerleaders. I can understand twenty-somethings sneaking around to date. An old creepy dude sneaking into the Locker room to take pictures is inexcusable.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like a criminal offense was involved and i am not so sure an NDA would be able to protect Jerry and his cronies on this. I am no lawyer, but if the right individuals come forward and press charges the whole gang of peeping Jerrys, i mean Toms, could be held accountable including Jerry himself for hiding/covering up these violations. Including keeping Dalrymple around. I am not talking team violations but criminal ones as well. May not be a major offense per state law, but Goodell would like nothing better than to get back at Jerry some more.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yikes..here we go again. Turn the page guys. They handled it. Everyone involved signed off on the issue and its over.
Don't think so, I think it's just getting started. Too many sharks in the water and too many willing to pay for the stories. This is the most covered sports franchise in history, for all the wrong reasons, and this is reality show stuff, the best reason for the media. This could transcend sports.

I remember a close bud of mine when Watergate first appeared. "Much ado about nothing" he said. Then we sat in a bar watching the testimony unfold and it just kept unraveling to his dismay and shock.

I look at this as kind of like the Tiger Woods or Bill Cosby revelations. Once the gate opened, it was non-stop.

Do you think this is the only isolated incident involving the cheerleaders? Think Dalrymple just decided to be a peeper in 2015?

Rayman, Cowboys rumors are like Lays potato chips, no one can just stop at one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Aikman said some cheerleaders got dismissed for dating players. Didn’t he say he felt bad about it when it happened? I have to imagine many players dated cheerleaders. I can understand twenty-somethings sneaking around to date. An old creepy dude sneaking into the Locker room to take pictures is inexcusable.
That's run by the cheerleaders, not the team. When they decided to start them up, Schramm wanted them run separately from the team.

I'm sure Booger could care less who the players or the cheerleaders date just like he didn't see a problem partying and getting hammered with two strippers with cellphones.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't think so, I think it's just getting started. Too many sharks in the water and too many willing to pay for the stories. This is the most covered sports franchise in history, for all the wrong reasons, and this is reality show stuff, the best reason for the media. This could transcend sports.

I remember a close bud of mine when Watergate first appeared. "Much ado about nothing" he said. Then we sat in a bar watching the testimony unfold and it just kept unraveling to his dismay and shock.

I look at this as kind of like the Tiger Woods or Bill Cosby revelations. Once the gate opened, it was non-stop.

Do you think this is the only isolated incident involving the cheerleaders? Think Dalrymple just decided to be a peeper in 2015?

U may be right. Dalrymple , if true, is a scary sitch..and seedy as hell. That said, they handled it I think the best they could. THE NFL in general has had these issues since its inception. Humans do bad stuff at times. Its just not a Dallas Cowboys culture issue. Its the human condition. Look at the Saints and what "the culture under Sean Payton" did. They were handing out handfuls of pills to anyone who wanted them,,staff included and having bounties laid on players heads. What kind of culture did the great almighty Sean Payton have there? He gets a free pass because he has a ring. Winning cures all. The double standard in the NFL is sickening. Time will tell.

Rayman70

Reaction score

I think this isn't nearly as deep as u think. THE NFL is dead silent on this one so far. I think for now they are satisfied with what Jerry has done.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like a criminal offense was involved and i am not so sure an NDA would be able to protect Jerry and his cronies on this. I am no lawyer, but if the right individuals come forward and press charges the whole gang of peeping Jerrys, i mean Toms, could be held accountable including Jerry himself for hiding/covering up these violations. Including keeping Dalrymple around. I am not talking team violations but criminal ones as well. May not be a major offense per state law, but Goodell would like nothing better than to get back at Jerry some more.
Voyeurism is a misdemeanor in Texas.

The question this brings up is how much of an isolated case is this? The WFT situation seems to have layers to it so people are going to assume this one does as well.

There is no question that this doesn't add up. Dalrymple was highly thought of and considered the best at his position and his sudden retirement doesn't get anything from the Jones family? He was considered extended family. The accolades should have come especially from Booger. But nothing, silence. When have we known him ever to pass up the opportunity for exposure?

Rich people can put fires out easier but there are a lot of reporters digging on this one looking for the ember to fan.

Rayman70

Reaction score

The question this brings up is how much of an isolated case is this? The WFT situation seems to have layers to it so people are going to assume this one does as well.

There is no question that this doesn't add up. Dalrymple was highly thought of and considered the best at his position and his sudden retirement doesn't get anything from the Jones family? He was considered extended family. The accolades should have come especially from Booger. But nothing, silence. When have we known him ever to pass up the opportunity for exposure?

Rich people can put fires out easier but there are a lot of reporters digging on this one looking for the ember to fan.
Mike Fisher is maybe the biggest Jerry yes man other than Mickey Spags as far as "reporters" go. Dont hold your breath if your expecting actual digging and truth seeking to happen.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Who cares now. It was 7 years ago. RD is no longer w/ the organization. Cheerleaders had a hefty pay day. They're happy.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yep, that's going to happen. What if they find out this war room incident actually happened and Booger allowed him to stay employed? What do you think the media is going to make out of that? What about the people in the Metroplex, not just the fans. because it was them that riled up over the Landry firing.

They paid the lawyers and cheerleaders off for a very good reason, to cover themselves because Booger didn't want to fire Dalrymple because he was working on the HOF and the word "confidant" in not used for just an employee. Dalrymple knows things that probably the family doesn't even know because he's the "fixer" in case that is needed.

What makes anyone think the cheerleaders want to tell their story? They took the money, think they're proud of that? And what else can they tell all about?

We've already heard Aikman confirm he "dated" some cheerleaders, which is 100% against the rules, so what else has gone on that they'd prefer the media didn't know about because there is no team in the sports world they'd love to spear more than the Cowboys. Do you think Aikman and the cheerleaders was unknown to the head of the cheerleaders and Booger?

The truth shall set you free only in this case that might mean a free for all. Because, usually, a lie hides the bigger lie.

The response of the Joneses and team in general to a 32 year exec retiring is the tell. Their lack of chatter when that's all they do speaks volumes. There's fire beneath this smoke and it could be one that rages out of control if it is not contained immediately. Dalrymple's sudden retirement announcement coincides with the team finding out this story was coming out.

I hope ESPN stays hot on this because they've had their sources in the past. I would love to see this franchise brought to its knees and shut these magpies up.
I'm with you on this, but with our luck the end settlement would be Jerry stays on as is but we lose draft picks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Who cares now. It was 7 years ago. RD is no longer w/ the organization. Cheerleaders had a hefty pay day. They're happy.
if we were winning rings we would have never ever heard of this incident etc.

Carson

Reaction score
This story is another example of the lack of leadership and accountability within the Cowboys organization at the highest level.

It’s a systemic problem.

Why was Dalrymple allowed to remain with the team for years after what he did?
Because it was one cheerleader against Rich. If it were the entire team it would possibly be different. Zero evidence it happened and her word against his.

Im not saying I’m pro or anti him keeping his job. But likely they paid so it didn’t go further.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this isn't nearly as deep as u think. THE NFL is dead silent on this one so far. I think for now they are satisfied with what Jerry has done.
I think they are staying at arm's length on this because it really doesn't involve the league and how they conduct business. The Cowboys problem is internal, not like what the WFT's one is becoming.

There is nothing for the NFL to do at this point. If it's all true, it's really none of their business. The perp has already announced his retirement.

However, I think what Booger doesn't want the public to know is much deeper and he cannot allow the war room story to be true. The effect of that would be a disaster to him. Even his friends would turn on him if that were true that he kept the man on after doing that. If the recording of that ever existed, it doesn't anymore.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Exactly, and the cover up is usually worse than the crime in many cases. Jerry remaining silent on this raises red flags to me. I am sure there are many more details we do not know about which may have been swept under the rug. The payout of $2.4m is just the tip of the iceberg on this i feel. Keeping Dalrymple around until his early retirement age of 62 as well. Maybe they knew this was about to explode and wanted him to be considered ex-employee for PR reasons, ironically .

fivetwos

Reaction score

Ha yes.

But Jerry is more powerful than Nixon was.

Just ask him and anyone that works for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly, and the cover up is usually worse than the crime in many cases. Jerry remaining silent on this raises red flags to me. I am sure there are many more details we do not know about which may have been swept under the rug. The payout of $2.4m is just the tip of the iceberg on this i feel. Keeping Dalrymple around until his early retirement age of 62 as well. Maybe they knew this was about to explode and wanted him to be considered ex-employee for PR reasons, ironically .
we just dunno.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Should be easy to review who's security key card opened that back door. If this is even remotely true he should have been fired immediately.

Exactly. It was easy to check the system logs and see if his card accessed the door. There would be no reason for him to access the back door to enter the cheerleaders locker room. His lame excuse of getting confused was ridiculous.