News: PFT: Cowboys should lift NDAs, allowing cheerleaders to tell their stories regarding voyeurism

CWR

Reaction score
After waving their pompoms beside a lectern where several people delivered speeches, the cheerleaders returned to their locker room shortly after noon to quickly change their clothes before attending the luncheon.

At least two security guards usually stand outside the cheerleaders' dressing room when they are inside, sources told ESPN. But on this day, only one security guard was present. Inside the back door that was left unguarded was a small nook separated from the dressing room by a partial wall. The sources said the only way to unlock the door is with a security key card that Dalrymple, among other employees, possessed.

The women heard the door leading to the nook area open, sources said. "We're in here!" the women shouted. They assumed it was a security guard who immediately left, according to an account from multiple sources and relayed in a letter from the cheerleaders' attorneys to the team.

Several minutes later, one of the cheerleaders noticed a man's hand and a black cellphone pointed in their direction, according to several sources. At the time, the women were going "from fully clothed to completely unclothed," a cheerleader later told a Cowboys HR official and the team's general counsel, Jason Cohen. The cheerleader who saw the cellphone was certain the man was lurking and taking photos or video of them, according to multiple sources.

That woman ran toward him, shouting, "Hey, what are you doing?" The cheerleader, a veteran of several years on the team, immediately recognized Dalrymple, who she said dashed away, according to the letter. The other women did not see the man, according to the letter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ion-settle-cheerleaders-voyeurism-allegations

Lol what an idiot and a dirt bag.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
some of us were lucky enough to not have daughters. Our thoughts can go anywhere and don’t involve the creep factor that can be applied to fathers with daughters. We send our sons out to propagate the species and don’t lose a second of sleep
I have a son that you can have if you want him!

Dre11

Reaction score
I would say it would take a very stupid person to look at what is already out there and claim they found nothing. If that was the case they were not looking.

Doesn't mean what they found was inappropriate. We have no idea what they didn't or did find. But we're so quick to believe everything

plymkr

Reaction score
Yep, that's going to happen. What if they find out this war room incident actually happened and Booger allowed him to stay employed? What do you think the media is going to make out of that? What about the people in the Metroplex, not just the fans. because it was them that riled up over the Landry firing.

They paid the lawyers and cheerleaders off for a very good reason, to cover themselves because Booger didn't want to fire Dalrymple because he was working on the HOF and the word "confidant" in not used for just an employee. Dalrymple knows things that probably the family doesn't even know because he's the "fixer" in case that is needed.

What makes anyone think the cheerleaders want to tell their story? They took the money, think they're proud of that? And what else can they tell all about?

We've already heard Aikman confirm he "dated" some cheerleaders, which is 100% against the rules, so what else has gone on that they'd prefer the media didn't know about because there is no team in the sports world they'd love to spear more than the Cowboys. Do you think Aikman and the cheerleaders was unknown to the head of the cheerleaders and Booger?

The truth shall set you free only in this case that might mean a free for all. Because, usually, a lie hides the bigger lie.

The response of the Joneses and team in general to a 32 year exec retiring is the tell. Their lack of chatter when that's all they do speaks volumes. There's fire beneath this smoke and it could be one that rages out of control if it is not contained immediately. Dalrymple's sudden retirement announcement coincides with the team finding out this story was coming out.

I hope ESPN stays hot on this because they've had their sources in the past. I would love to see this franchise brought to its knees and shut these magpies up.
Good points. I agree with everything you said. I hope this was an isolated incident and not a pattern.

plymkr

Reaction score
One aspect to this story that I'm thinking about is it was reported that "a former Cowboys executive " tipped off the reporter. Who could that be and what would be the motive. "Cowboys executive " makes me feel it wasn't one of the cheerleaders because I've never heard of a cheerleader be referred to as an executive. Jason Garrett? Broussard? Are we talking a former coach? Who is this mysterious person and why now instead of 2015 or closer to the event. Very curious timing. Not saying that Rich should be excused from accountability but what motive would a former executive have to come out now? That's another reason I'm scared there's more to this than we know of.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
One aspect to this story that I'm thinking about is it was reported that "a former Cowboys executive " tipped off the reporter. Who could that be and what would be the motive. "Cowboys executive " makes me feel it wasn't one of the cheerleaders because I've never heard of a cheerleader be referred to as an executive. Jason Garrett? Broussard? Are we talking a former coach? Who is this mysterious person and why now instead of 2015 or closer to the event. Very curious timing. Not saying that Rich should be excused from accountability but what motive would a former executive have to come out now? That's another reason I'm scared there's more to this than we know of.

Definitely released by an ex employee with an axe to grind. My guess is JJ git wind of the story being released through his relationships at ESPN. Once he knew they were running story— he and RD had a chat and decided retirement was the only way to get out in front of it.

Regardless— their silence is deafening. They have circled the wagons and battened down the hatches to wait out the storm. As soon as the news cycle passes… they will come out again.

If there are any legit journalists left— they should be lining up to ask JJ a litany of tough questions whenever he decides to poke his head out in public again.

Section446

Reaction score
Cheerleaders do a lot of good things for Charity and the community And are fun to drool at
They can do it in private, they're just add to the embarrassment that is the gameday experience in that stupid stadium. Of the 24 stadiums I've been to for a game, only Arizona has a more pathetic gameday experience.

terra

Reaction score
Doesn't mean what they found was inappropriate. We have no idea what they didn't or did find. But we're so quick to believe everything
And some refuse to open their eyes.

terra

Reaction score
They can do it in private, they're just add to the embarrassment that is the gameday experience in that stupid stadium. Of the 24 stadiums I've been to for a game, only Arizona has a more pathetic gameday experience.
You must have a sad life.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Maybe because they found no evidence he did what he was accused of doing. Did that ever cross your mind?

Being accused by four cheerleaders is strong evidence, particularly combined with the keycard evidence which confirmed he was in the Cheerleaders’ area when he shouldn’t have been.

They took away his keycard but should have fired him on the spot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The former exec might just be a screen for the cheerleader. It would be pretty easy for the Cowboys to figure out which execs had knowledge and access to the NDA's. The reporter saw the NDA, that could be the cheerleader's copy.

Too many players in this to make them comfortable. And what about the security guard that wanted to call the Arlington Police....but didn't? Why didn't he? Who got to him in that short time span to deter him from actually doing his job?

The chain of events is really interesting and pretty damning all on their own. But the worst part for the club is the avoidance of anything in response to his retirement announcement. That is the fire beneath the smoke.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was it a television viewer who reported the war room incident? How can a television viewer have better visual access of the room than the occupants? Not saying it didnt happen, but this one smells a little funny to me

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes
Public video evidence or it didn't happen!
:omg:

J/K

plymkr

Reaction score
The former exec might just be a screen for the cheerleader. It would be pretty easy for the Cowboys to figure out which execs had knowledge and access to the NDA's. The reporter saw the NDA, that could be the cheerleader's copy.

Too many players in this to make them comfortable. And what about the security guard that wanted to call the Arlington Police....but didn't? Why didn't he? Who got to him in that short time span to deter him from actually doing his job?

The chain of events is really interesting and pretty damning all on their own. But the worst part for the club is the avoidance of anything in response to his retirement announcement. That is the fire beneath the smoke.
Good call. I never thought that the title of former executive could be a red herring of sorts. I also agree there are too many unanswered questions, like the time stamp, the security guard (never thought of that, good call on your end), why Rich had the cheerleaders security card, etc.

I said this in another thread that I want Jerry to come forward and be accountable and transparent. The fact that he's not is a bad sign of a cover up.

plymkr

Reaction score
Definitely released by an ex employee with an axe to grind. My guess is JJ git wind of the story being released through his relationships at ESPN. Once he knew they were running story— he and RD had a chat and decided retirement was the only way to get out in front of it.

Regardless— their silence is deafening. They have circled the wagons and battened down the hatches to wait out the storm. As soon as the news cycle passes… they will come out again.

If there are any legit journalists left— they should be lining up to ask JJ a litany of tough questions whenever he decides to poke his head out in public again.
Their silence is deafening. This is the first time since 89 that Jerry is being quiet. My question is if it's a former executive, and not the cheerleaders using the title of former executive as a screen or a red herring; why now and what motive? Is this former executive trying to sabotage the Jones? Cuz if you got a former disgruntled executive coming out now then it's kind of scary what else that person may know and what they might say.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Well, so far its $2.4m worth.....so something did happen. Since it never was properly investigated i am sure there is more coming. Especially for the one with the deep pockets who i am sure was involved in a cover up. Jerry has probably been advised by his legal team to keep his whiskey hole shut and keep it on the low down. But where there's smoke, there's fire. Who will be the one who will fan the flames?