News: PFT: Dak Prescott disagrees with the idea that he needed a new voice

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Good luck with that. If Jerry gives him a contract extension, which seems likely he's probably here for the next half decade at least. Even with bad play they'll be in no position to dump him, and in typical fashion they will continue to dump money into future years to give Dak plenty of job security.

Your best hope is that extension never gets done and a viable replacement falls to them in the draft.
I fully expect an extension for Dak.

I've come to terms with that, so that's why I am not just hoping for complete failure.

Losing alone doesn't bother Jerry enough as long as the Cowboys are relevant and in the mix, but embarrassment from the QB that you believe in so much would bother him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was 100% not better than Jones last season.

So, "up to this point" is false. If you said up to last season then okay, but things have changed.

Dak was also better than Hurts up to this season and things changed.

Dak is now the 3rd best QB in the division.
Actually, in a way you are correct. Up to December. I still say Dak performed better or at least equal, then he started throwing more picks, plus that GB game earlier. As to where Jones passing seemed to improve from what I did see.
Hurts had a fantastic year. We will see if he can maintain that.
I won't list any QB ahead of any other right now, but Hurts pointing up, Jones wait to be seen, Dak pointing down after that December and SF game.

Hurts, depends how they handle the roster with all the FA's, but they do have 2 1st round selections, and have used them well.
Jones, with his contract can he prove he is improving as he did under DaBoll. Can he improve as well like Hurts did.
Dak, will be interesting to see without Moore and under MM calling plays and up to a 30% change in offense. I still hope the draft a QB in the 1st 3 rounds if one is there. I doubt they will trade up.
But I will support Dak since he is the TEAMS QB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how you only call out an agenda for certain members but not ones you agree with......typical.
Maybe because those posters do not have an agenda. As they post about other topics as well. They post about the TEAM.
Not like some where all they do is dump on a certain player or the team in any negative way they can find. That is the definition of an agenda.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Maybe because those posters do not have an agenda. As they post about other topics as well. They post about the TEAM.
Not like some where all they do is dump on a certain player or the team in any negative way they can find. That is the definition of an agenda.
I see....sticking with the story the members you agree with and that crap all over others without limits have no agenda. Okay.

Pardon me as I have a bridge I need to go sell while bigfoot pilots the alien spaceship.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see....sticking with the story the members you agree with and that crap all over others without limits have no agenda. Okay.

Pardon me as I have a bridge I need to go sell while bigfoot pilots the alien spaceship.
Same old crap, only your opinion counts.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s no “fix” for that guy.

None.

Whatsoever.
:muttley:
VLWZAYSMWIX3ZU6XYM4PTFZOXA.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This isn't a new voice for Dak but just a new built-in excuse.
Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak, Dak :facepalm:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I believe the new offense under MM will be conducive for Dak, whether he approves of it or not. The quick passes to those who will be charged with running for 1st downs and breaking tackles should be quite complementary to what Dak needs, imho. It'll be time for MM to take charge of that and perhaps also make the most of what Dan Quinn and our defense have to offer, as well. I hope our running attack returns to be better than in 2022.
Maybe. I read that the new offense requires a QB to hit receivers accurately in stride. Not a Dak strength.