News: PFT: Dak Prescott disagrees with the idea that he needed a new voice

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Maybe if he would’ve played better in his last two games in the divisional round, his buddy Kellen would still be here because both times he and the offense have cost us a playoff game

Wait until buddy ZEKE leaves

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Listening to Broaddus and Belt it sounds like the offense was to complicated for Dak. Too many read’s especially in the red zone. Broaddus was saying some crazy stuff like they want to dumb down the offense to Lamar Jackson and Michael Vick levels.I am surprised the anti Dak crowd didn’t bring up the recent Star Podcast.

Yet they continue to add trick plays

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Jones was a top pick for a reason.

Dak was a 4th rounder for a reason, and that reason was mostly because he was dual threat, and he ain't even that anymore. Dak doesn't sniff the NFL if he isn't a dual threat QB in college.

Jones always had the talent. Dak never had it.

Could you imagine if he was my gosh!!! Slow legs, slow brain

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont think many of u actually read the article lol.
Dak said he didnt NEED a new voice, but he was excited to have MM calling the plays.
He said mike has been coaching him in the past lol :omg:

mike said the playbook will be 30% new plays, with a philosophy to run the ball more.

From what mike has said, I think he prefers to have long drives for scores that eat up the clock.
Whereas KM wanted to score quickly with more passing.

So the question now is can cowboys do these long drives for scores, it isnt easy. And will they run more than pass,
how good will the run game be ,esp against good teams.
And what will the new plays look like, and did they keep any of the plays we dont like, like the curls , trick plays etc.

And can dak run all this effectively ?
He will still have to pass, and if they run more, then when he does pass, it has to be accurate, or those long drives will stall or not happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We should all be rooting for Dak to fail miserably enough that Jerry and Co cannot justify putting him on the field.

That's the only option we have at this point. Because Dak will continue to be an anchor for this team as long as he's not playing Zack Wilson bad.

It's like the Randy Gregory situation. We have to hope that Jerry is saved from himself.
that wont happen, dak always does good enough over the season to make jones boys think he is the guy.
Dak has really bad games, but also has really good games too.
And really it is too late as they are about to extend him.
They already decided he is natural born mistake corrector !!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta keep that if you have one :laugh:
Once they sign the ext, that is it, he will be here for next 6 years or longer.
Jones boys dont want to look for another QB, too much work and time in that.

Rush was 4-1 last season, and the jones boys couldnt wait to put dak back in
......well they waited till after the phil game lol.

It is funny because with Rush in cowboys were doing what mike says he wants to do now.
But KM, jones boys, and many here couldnt wait for dak to get back and start passing more !

Which to me for that type of offense Rush or some lower cost qb would be better than dak, but jones boys want to
extend dak , pay him even more $ , so he can pass less !! lol so funny.

Actually this guy duggan who can run good would be ideal for a run heavy offense,but he would only get to play if dak gets hurt again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Actually, in a way you are correct. Up to December. I still say Dak performed better or at least equal, then he started throwing more picks, plus that GB game earlier. As to where Jones passing seemed to improve from what I did see.
Hurts had a fantastic year. We will see if he can maintain that.
I won't list any QB ahead of any other right now, but Hurts pointing up, Jones wait to be seen, Dak pointing down after that December and SF game.

Hurts, depends how they handle the roster with all the FA's, but they do have 2 1st round selections, and have used them well.
Jones, with his contract can he prove he is improving as he did under DaBoll. Can he improve as well like Hurts did.
Dak, will be interesting to see without Moore and under MM calling plays and up to a 30% change in offense. I still hope the draft a QB in the 1st 3 rounds if one is there. I doubt they will trade up.
But I will support Dak since he is the TEAMS QB.
Well if you look at it unbiased, phil had the most talent last year, dallas was 2nd, and both giants and wash did not have much talent.
So really Jones did the most with less talent. He ran more and played good.
Hurts will continue to be good, and he will get better, but it helps he has a lot of talent on offense.and good coaching.

Dallas is unknown for 23. new playcaller, 30% new plays, they will lose some players on defense , wilson and lve it looks like , maybe some others.
Jones boys only pay the stars, guys they think are stars lol, and the rest get low balled and either take it or leave.

tromofan

Reaction score
MM will have an even balance on offense. Zeke will be gone or have a very diminished role. We will get another back to share carries with Tony. And this team will be about running and defense. He will not leave the game in Daks hands if he can help it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Does anyone really care what Dak agrees or disagrees with?

He gets paid to produce. He isn't. When that happens changes get made.

Deal with it and start winning in January. If he had a couple of super bowl rings like Mahomes it would be different.
So when you lead the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and your team to another 12-5 season, then go into Tampa on the road and beat Tom Brady and the bucs to the tune of 300 yards and 5 TD's that's not producing?

The blemish being getting shut down, like the rest of the offense on the road by the #1 defense in the NFL.

Is this another "Dak and Romo suck because they are not Tom Brady or Mahomes" thinking?

Is this the extent of your QB analysis skills?

Anyone can look at Mahomes and figure out hes the best QB in the NFL and be jealous. Thats not reality, however.

Would you rather have Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson? The last time Jones went on a QB hunt it was 15 years before he got lucky on Romo.

Do you miss the days of going 3-13 or 8-8?

Is some rookie QB going to beat Mahomes and Allen with Jones as the GM?

Good luck with that one.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So when you lead the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and your team to another 12-5 season, then go into Tampa on the road and beat Tom Brady and the bucs to the tune of 300 yards and 5 TD's that's not producing?

The blemish being getting shut down, like the rest of the offense on the road by the #1 defense in the NFL.

Is this another "Dak and Romo suck because they are not Tom Brady or Mahomes" thinking?

Is this the extent of your QB analysis skills?

Anyone can look at Mahomes and figure out hes the best QB in the NFL and be jealous. Thats not reality, however.

Would you rather have Quincy Carter or Chad Hutchinson? The last time Jones went on a QB hunt it was 15 years before he got lucky on Romo.

Do you miss the days of going 3-13 or 8-8?

Is some rookie QB going to beat Mahomes and Allen with Jones as the GM?

Good luck with that one.
"So when you lead the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and your team to another 12-5 season"

Dak didn't lead Dallas to another 12-5 season as he missed 5 games (Dak went 8-4)....yet another miscue on your part to try and elevate Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"So when you lead the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and your team to another 12-5 season"

Dak didn't lead Dallas to another 12-5 season as he missed 5 games (Dak went 8-4)....yet another miscue on your part to try and elevate Dak.
So who lead us to the 12-5 record? Rush? :lmao::laugh::lmao::lmao:

Keep it coming. Your so full of anger you cant even think straight.

Still pissed that the Eagles choked away the SB? Mad that Dak is getting another extension?

Poor guy.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So who lead us to the 12-5 record? Rush? :lmao::laugh::lmao::lmao:

Keep it coming. Your so full of anger you cant even think straight.

Still pissed that the Eagles choked away the SB? Mad that Dak is getting another extension?

Poor guy.
You mean Cooper Rush that went 4-1 during Dak's absence? Yes, Rush helped Dallas get to a 12-5 record but Dak didn't lead them to a 12-5 record.....that is just factually inaccurate and another lie you posted and refuse to acknowledge when called out for it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You mean Cooper Rush that went 4-1 during Dak's absence? Yes, Rush helped Dallas get to a 12-5 record but Dak didn't lead them to a 12-5 record.....that is just factually inaccurate and another lie you posted and refuse to acknowledge when called out for it.
So the guy that played in 5 game lead the team over the guy that played in 12 games?

The guy that had the offense at 26th in scoring over the guy that took them to #1 in scoring?

Once again your comments and analysis is nothing more than emotional drivel.

Honestly, go take a bath. Your simply not in the same league as me. Poor guy.

Brooksey

Reaction score
So the guy that played in 5 game lead the team over the guy that played in 12 games?

The guy that had the offense at 26th in scoring over the guy that took them to #1 in scoring?

Don't forget #1 in turnovers and a choke job in the playoffs. Keep slobbering over your choke job GF while telling everyone how smart you are

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Again, you stated Dak led Dallas to another 12-5 season....which is BS as Dak missed 1 game in 2021 and 5 games in 2022 so mathematically it is impossible he led Dallas to 12 wins but you keep spewing your Dak BS.

You are right, I am not in the same blue bus league as you.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Listening to Broaddus and Belt it sounds like the offense was to complicated for Dak. Too many read’s especially in the red zone. Broaddus was saying some crazy stuff like they want to dumb down the offense to Lamar Jackson and Michael Vick levels.I am surprised the anti Dak crowd didn’t bring up the recent Star Podcast.
4 stick routes not simple enough?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There are only like 5 people that still watch Broaddus, not surprised nobody knew about his dumbing down the playbook comments.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Dak needs to learn, all that new voice talk is a nice way of deflecting the blame off of him, because if it wasn't Kellen's play calling, then it was you.