News: PFT: Dak Prescott: Everyone can get theirs with salary cap trending up

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Got it. So since you’re directing it to a group, and since you didn’t make up the term. It’s not you insulting anyone....

You do realize those are really poor excuses and deflecting of blame right? Don’t take this as an insult, but I would expect a more mature answer from somebody your age.

Meanwhile, that term you like to throw around, is for the purpose of doing EXACTLY what you complained about in the post I quoted. Which is using a personal insult, to attack people and be dismissive of them, because you don’t like their opinion about the QB. Because of course, you must be a slobberer if you like the QB and think he is a good player. It’s a clear and obvious attempt to discredit highly positive opinions about Dak. But here you are complaining about somebody else doing the same thing you’ve been doing on multiple
Threads. So go ahead and play victim to somebody else saying something you perceived as insulting.
You're reading into it what you want to. I wouldn’t describe anyone who likes and thinks Prescott is a good QB as a “ Slobbering Dak fan”. And I haven’t claimed to place everyone who supports him in that group.

There’s a distinct difference is labeling someone a “ hater” or “ homer” or in this case a “ Slobbering Dak fan” than personally calling them names or throwing personal insults they aren’t grouping into a broader category . That’s certainly my interpretation of the rules set forth. And my intention is to follow the rules.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is why the nfl needs to consider applying caps to individual contracts
Or caps by position.

It must be an awkward situation for some of these guys making a million or less lining up with a guy making 30 million.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You're reading into it what you want to. I wouldn’t describe anyone who likes and thinks Prescott is a good QB as a “ Slobbering Dak fan”. And I haven’t claimed to place everyone who supports him in that group.

There’s a distinct difference is labeling someone a “ hater” or “ homer” or in this case a “ Slobbering Dak fan” than personally calling them names or throwing personal insults they aren’t grouping into a broader category . That’s certainly my interpretation of the rules set forth. And my intention is to follow the rules.

More deflection as lack of self awareness. Not a huge surprise. And now hiding behind “the rules”.

Keep playing the victim to other people though.

You’re being hypocritical.

mcmvp

Reaction score

I wouldn't care for that option. There still has to be a degree of independent choice and accountability for each franchise in a competitive environment. If the league was to dictate how much each team could spend in total, and how much per position, you're giving one entity too much control. People hate how much power Goodell has when dealing out punishments, imagine how much backlash fans would give him if he was to control all the salaries too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
More deflection as lack of self awareness. Not a huge surprise. And now hiding behind “the rules”.

Keep playing the victim to other people though.

You’re being hypocritical.
The rules are the defining perimeter. If I’m staying within them then it should all be good. The rules much like laws are all we have to stand with.

There are some who do take the personal name calling and insults bordering the rules. They take personal issue with my arguments and I suppose become frustrated and rely on personal insults to attempt to discredit the message since they don’t like the messenger . We have Deep history going back about 10 years from the old forum. And they can’t let it go. It was more tolerable and rampant over there.

I’m not seeing them come out and defend their action as I am. I think they know they’re bordering on such rules. And I haven’t called them out specifically. They take their shots and bow out. I’m standing here owning up to my actions and not in hypocritical fashion.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, but Dak in the media is good for the Cowboys. He's one of the most overexposed players in the NFL right now, and every 3rd commercial has his face on it, and his stories about being a doubted player but rose up through the ashes keeps the newer NFL viewers interested in the Cowboys. Not sure exactly how much more money we make becuase of him though - I guess that's hard to quantify.
no one player keeps anyone interested in the Cowboys. Do you travel to any games? I do.... no matter where we go, what state, what team we play..... one thing never changes. THe amount of Cowboys fans in visiting stadiums is always huge. Was like that long before Dak and will be long after Dak. This isnt the NBA where fans root for a team because of one player.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The rules are the defining perimeter. If I’m staying within them then it should all be good. The rules much like laws are all we have to stand with.

There are some who do take the personal name calling and insults bordering the rules. They take personal issue with my arguments and I suppose become frustrated and rely on personal insults to attempt to discredit the message since they don’t like the messenger . We have Deep history going back about 10 years from the old forum. And they can’t let it go. It was more tolerable and rampant over there.

I’m not seeing them come out and defend their action as I am. I think they know they’re bordering on such rules. And I haven’t called them out specifically. They take their shots and bow out. I’m standing here owning up to my actions and not in hypocritical fashion.

Deflecting, blame shifting, minimizing your own comments and making excuses isn’t owning up to your actions. It’s the exact opposite actually.

csirl

Reaction score
Yes, but Dak in the media is good for the Cowboys. He's one of the most overexposed players in the NFL right now, and every 3rd commercial has his face on it, and his stories about being a doubted player but rose up through the ashes keeps the newer NFL viewers interested in the Cowboys. Not sure exactly how much more money we make becuase of him though - I guess that's hard to quantify.

I've never seen Dak in any commercial. I dont live in a Cowboys stronghold, so I assume that he does not have the widespread appeal beyond Cowboys/Dak fans that other sports stars have. Those of you in Texas may be over estimating his marketing reach.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's certainly what it sounded like to me. And I'm especially curious regarding his talk of that 'gambling money'? How exactly does that portion factor into player salaries?
The salary cap is based on a percentage of NFL gross revenues. I don't know exactly how gross revenues are defined in the CBA, but if gambling revenues count as gross revenues (and I don't see why they wouldn't), they would be factored into the salary cap under the current CBA.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What possible rationale could there be for that?

The salary cap (ostensibly) exists to allow small-market teams to compete on equal footing with large-market teams. (It really exists to hold down player salaries, but ignore that for now). If one team wants to spend half its cap on the QB and another team wants to distribute it differently, why shouldn't they be allowed to do those things?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Paying this guy $30m-plus will cripple this Franchise and you’re delusional if you think otherwise

Letting him walk will cripple it more. You’re delusional if you think you can just get another Dak, a 13 win rookie to replace him. How do you think Amari will feel if you let him know you’ll be starting White or Rush for a few years until another 3rd, 4th, 5th round qb pans out? How will Tyron Smith feel about that? Potential Incoming free agents?

Teams will pay Dak if you do not. Despite popular belief, there aren’t that many teams that have QB situations they wouldn’t abandon immediately when he becomes available.

Last edited:

lukin2006

Reaction score
This is the problem with the Cowboys these days. The dude should concentrate on winning a title not worry aboutr being overpaid. If he is paid more the 25 million, we'll be mediocre for another decade.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This is the problem with the Cowboys these days. The dude should concentrate on winning a title not worry aboutr being overpaid. If he is paid more the 25 million, we'll be mediocre for another decade.

And what happens if he asks for 35 and you say no? Do you start trading away players in the rebuild? Maybe go with Blake Bortles until you finally hit on another QB? You need him way more than he needs you. He’ll find his money on the open market.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I still think and have always thought that the cowboys will pay Dak and it will be a huge sum of money they will also pay cooper and smith and more than likely zeke

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Considering how’s he performed early in his career it seems Dak deserves to be paid. He’s due to make 2.3 million this year lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Letting him walk will cripple it more. You’re delusional if you think you can just get another Dak, a 13 win rookie to replace him. How do you think Amari will feel if you let him know you’ll be starting White or Rush for a few years until another 3rd, 4th, 5th round qb pans out? How will Tyron Smith feel about that? Potential Incoming free agents?

Teams will pay Dak if you do not. Despite popular belief, there aren’t that many teams that have QB situations they wouldn’t abandon immediately when he becomes available.
Yup. Teams were fighting over Cousins, Foles and Keenum got paid well, Tannehill and Bortles got big contracts to stay at one point. Brock Osweiler got paid well, Fitzpatrick has been paid several times I think, Vick was signed after torturing and killing dogs, Alex Smith has been overpaid several times, Matt Moore keeps getting shots, Cassell keeps getting signed for what he did 1,200 years ago, etc.....

Teams who don't have a QB will overpay trying to get one, because if you don't have a QB, you have nothing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yup. Teams were fighting over Cousins, Foles and Keenum got paid well, Tannehill and Bortles got big contracts to stay at one point. Brock Osweiler got paid well, Fitzpatrick has been paid several times I think, Vick was signed after torturing and killing dogs, Alex Smith has been overpaid several times, Matt Moore keeps getting shots, Cassell keeps getting signed for what he did 1,200 years ago, etc.....

Teams who don't have a QB will overpay trying to get one, because if you don't have a QB, you have nothing.
That’s not a resounding endorsement .

Diehardblues

Reaction score

At this point our choices are limited because we are All In on Dak and have been.

It doesn’t mean better decisions could have been made leading up to this placing us in a less vulnerable situation.

And I have no problem paying Dak. How much and how long is the bigger issue.