News: PFT: Dak Prescott: We definitely haven't taken a step back

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It feels like Dak is playing a character of what he thinks a leader sounds like. It's the most generic "leader" stuff ever.

He comes off so phony to me.

The real Dak is the guy that calls the fans bandwagon and condones violence against the refs when he plays bad. That's when you get glimpses of how he really feels.

The real Dak talks through Tads twitter account.

Its funny you said this because right after I wrote the above I started thinking that Jerry, Stephen and quotes like these make me think I’m watching a fake Hard Knocks or Any Given Sunday where it’s a movie/show vs a real team. Honestly I don’t get how people just don’t say

“heck I like the guys we have and we have confidence in their ability” vs “

“we have men who command respect and we are a band of brothers who know what we need to incorporate winning formulas into our daily routines and go into battle knowing my brothers have my back. Who’s with me?”

I’m sure many might think the latter is a real Dak quote or an old Garrett one but I made it up as cheesy as possible

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right! As I said above though it sounds contrived and so Garrettesque. I mean he can just say “we like the guys we have and are going to work hard to show we can be better.” It doesn’t have to come from the inside cover of a Knute Rockne book.

Dak answered the question as he saw fit. In the end it is up to him and this team to prove it, claiming how he should have answered the question I don't get into that, that is how you would have responded he said what he felt and I'm good with that. Does not change the fact it will all come down to how they show it on the field of play. Had he responded the way you think he should have he still would catch hell by fans who will spin any comment as they see fit.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It feels like Dak is playing a character of what he thinks a leader sounds like. It's the most generic "leader" stuff ever.

He comes off so phony to me.

The real Dak is the guy that calls the fans bandwagon and condones violence against the refs when he plays bad. That's when you get glimpses of how he really feels.

The real Dak talks through Tads twitter account.

Remember reminding posters of being in their head rent-free? Hmmmm ......

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Dak, do you think your team has taken a step back this season?"

"Are you kidding me? Dude, we'll be lucky to win one game with the losers we have on the team now! I don't have a single receiver I can count on, my O-line just sucks, and don't even get me started on the defense, man!"

BETTER?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sorry…and I know I’ll get slammed but this quote is so Garrett like and it’s the part I think Dak needs to work on. It’s so cliched with the “men” etc and comes off as contrived because we hear it every year. I’ve never been a hater or lover of Dak but the cheesy quotes are too much. It’s like he gets a script daily sent to his inbox

I know what this team has and the men that they have and the coaches and the leadership. We definitely didn’t take a step back. We’re going to continue to get better and that’s what this offseason is about, and that’s what moving forward is.”
He is talking about the "Process" !!
Dak always says the right things, that is why he makes 40 mil a year, and jerry will extend him again lol.

Notice nothing about SB or conf champ game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think everyone expects a PC answer in that situation but Dak does have a knack for taking it way over the top, in a creepy used car salesman type of way.
right just like his comment on elliot lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think everyone expects a PC answer in that situation but Dak does have a knack for taking it way over the top, in a creepy used car salesman type of way.
Could be worse, Spagnola could be asking him.

Reaction score
No, he could just shut up,

They lost the starting LG and RT, WR 1, 3 and 4 and 2 is out to start the season. He doesn't know where they've stepped.
He can't just shut up. Talking to the press and answering their questions is a requirement. He is also considered the face of the franchise. That comes with additional media responsibilities most other players don't worry about

DonaldM

Reaction score
He's in the best shape of his life. He's lying when his lips are moving...wonder where he learned that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More hyping and publicity right out of our dysfunctional ownerships handbook.

Bottomline is we won’t know until the season begins to unfold.
I wouldn't really refer to "we haven't taken a step back" as hype. Hardly comment expected to generate a lot of excitment. Ultimately he's just doing interviews and avoiding saying anything controversial or that anyone would take negatively.

DonaldM

Reaction score
He was just trying to pump up the MS girls basketball team.

RoboQB

Reaction score
A step back? No. More like, stranded on a desert highway.