News: PFT: Dak Prescott won't commit to showing up, if he's tagged

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So players have to clear what they want to make with you and what you think is fair. So you're whining about 2 or 3 mil a year? If the only thing that is holding up a new contract is 2 or 3 mil a year it would have been signed by now. But Prescott has concernes about the length of the contract, bonuses and guaranteed money. If fact he's publicly said that he doesn't have to be the highest paid QB.

But it's reported that they have turned down 35 mil annually. I mean, he did say that he is not interested in being paid the highest salary but yet, he has apparently turned down that very offer.

I do agree that the length of the contract is an issue. They want a short deal to renegotiate again. What team is going to agree to that? You offer a contract to a player that makes him the top paid player in the NFL and then also agree to give this same player and agent a free ticket to be right back at the negotiating table in another few years? That's suicide for the organization. No team would agree to that IMO.

lockster

Reaction score
Here's what could be a huge difference between you and professional football players. Players on any given play during a game or even in practice could end up like Darryl Stingley so to say there is something wrong with getting as much money as possible to make sure he and is family have enough money to pay off medical bills and be able to live on if something like that happens is childish at best. So many people say they would do this or that and woukdn't do this or that if they made that kind of money but the people that has said the same as you and won the lottery so often end up in money problems in very short periods of time. There was a 38 year old man that won over a 100 mil in the lottery and at the big presser when they handed him one of those giant checks he said he was going to continue working his machinist job and just continue to live like he always had. Ya, about a month after he got the money deposited into his account he quit his job and less than 4 years later filed for bankruptcy.

Lastly you only fooled yourself using Brady as an example. Yes he had a very low SALARY but got a ton of money in bonuses. Also his wife has made many times more money than he has so he didn't have to have a huge salary.
We've discussed this before. Brady is taking way way less,. And Dak has made loads of money off tv commercials. He has enough to retire already. More than 99.9 percent of the population of America. Secondly,. I cut trees for a living,. I've almost been killed multiple times. It's actually on the public record in medical records. I could die any given day. My job is the number one to number three most dangerous jobs in the world on every list I've ever seen. I make beans , beans for what I do. You make a lot of groundless assumptions that you know nothing of, like what other ppl. Would do, what their jobs are, what their danger levels are, etc. This is called predjudicial conjecture on Ur part to just get the logic conversation started. Also, there's many ppl in this world that aren't a secularists like you, and dedicate their lives to serving other ppl. Both in their professional lives and in their private lives for very little to nothing at all. You need a new worldview. Greed is not the answer for lasting happiness, peace , or security. The lottery winner story is completely irrelevant. No amount of money can guarantee safety, long life or anything other than ppl will try to take it from you, and you will have more to worry about losing. There's a story in the Bible about a rich man that had so much, that he hoarded his wealth in the new barns he built. I won't tell you the ending, so you can go read it for urself and glean the lesson there for us humans. Greed is a one way street to never getting where U want to go, or where you should want to go. Ask Berny Madoff where greed got him. :). And if wealth kept him out of prison. :)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dak Prescott won't commit to showing up, if he's tagged

gettyimages-1196563929-e1580470950854.jpg

The dance continues between the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott, and the music could soon take an ominous turn. With Prescott having completed his rookie deal and with the Cowboys facing the questi...

Read Full Story

Good.

Finally we need to draft a franchise QB.

Bye Bye Duck.

Blue64

Reaction score
As I’ve said for a long time... he gets tagged he’s in Cabo following the lesson he learned from his buddy...

Cowboys should wise up and draft a QB going forward

The dance continues between the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott, and the music could soon take an ominous turn. With Prescott having completed his rookie deal and with the Cowboys facing the questi...

Read Full Story

Loso86

Reaction score
So players have to clear what they want to make with you and what you think is fair. So you're whining about 2 or 3 mil a year? If the only thing that is holding up a new contract is 2 or 3 mil a year it would have been signed by now. But Prescott has concernes about the length of the contract, bonuses and guaranteed money. If fact he's publicly said that he doesn't have to be the highest paid QB.
A watch ya mouth in not whining. B I KNOW that's not the only thing but a big part in it. So just as much as you THINK you know yaself BOTH of us are going off of pure speculation and what WE feel and believe so move around

Brax

Reaction score
Why would you exclude the first season? LOL Because it doenst suit your agenda?

I love QB's that lead the NFL in passing and lead the #1 offense in the NFL. Avg you say? He would have to be the 16th best passer to be average. You arent too good at math eh? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:
I look at the last 3 you look at the last one, I exclude the 1st because that was all Zeke with Dak along for the ride. but all 4 years combined in TD and yards Dak sits a average around #13 take away this years junk time stats and he's around 16th mr. mathematician he is the perfect definition of average. You base him on a outlier of this years 8-8 season (Hmmm isn't that average) I throw away the the 13-3 season it's a outlier and what do you have, Dak average. Everyone should listen to you , are not you the one who says Drew Pearson is average and doesn't belong in the HOF, it's quite obvious you have zero football knowledge or talent evaluation skills based on that statement alone, and as for math looks like you failed that subject miserably. Enjoy the game today and watch the QB play you can see what a real QB looks like.

Brax

Reaction score
You would be wrong or at least partially wrong. I don't just see the mistakes Jones has made but I also remember the things he did that got the Cowboys 3 Super Bowl wins. I know Jones has made mistakes, but he is the owner and he's not going away any time soon so it's utter foolishness to continue to whine about Jones. I also think Garrett had done some good things and some bad things. I don't think he's the worst coach ever and he's far from the best. Again he's gone and to continue to whine about he now is also utter foolishness.
Love the way you keep shifting the subject, now you are back at Jimmy's teams and giving Jerry credit. gjkoeppen are you really Jerry?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I get that, but we've seen him just plain screw the pooch to the point that it didn't matter who else was on the field.
If he didn’t screw the pooch with the first team my point for me at least still stands. I’m not going to judge him or anybody else based on playing with bums in the preseason. If you do I get that too

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he didn’t screw the pooch with the first team my point for me at least still stands. I’m not going to judge him or anybody else based on playing with bums in the preseason. If you do I get that too
I'd be willing to see what he can do with the starters, but unless Dak gets hurt, how are we ever going to see a good sample? If it's preseason, the team isn't going to be playing like they would in the regular season, and if it's in garbage time at the end of a game, the play calls won't be the same, and I'm sure whatever starters are remaining in the game aren't going to go all out.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'd be willing to see what he can do with the starters, but unless Dak gets hurt, how are we ever going to see a good sample? If it's preseason, the team isn't going to be playing like they would in the regular season, and if it's in garbage time at the end of a game, the play calls won't be the same, and I'm sure whatever starters are remaining in the game aren't going to go all out.
I don’t know regarding seeing him but that wasn’t my point. My point was I don’t know how good or bad he is until I see that for some time that’s all. People saying he’s bad based off janky pre season but I can’t do that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Read Full Story
Tag him. Draft a QB.
But no, just like for fatso Zeke, Jerry will go to Dak on his knees and give in to this QB who exemplifies the word "average."

fifaguy

Reaction score
Dak will show up and he will play. If he doesn't, one of the backups will come out and show that any half-competent QB can win games in this offense and then Dak loses all leverage at anything long-term. That's why, if you noticed, Dak never comes out of games regardless of how injured he might be or how much we are winning/losing. Doesn't want anyone else to show they might be similar or even better.

It's the same thing we should've done with Zeke. Hopefully Jerry realizes the mistake.

We have no backup..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t know but that don’t have jack to do with me saying Andy Dalton level qb play isn’t hard to find.
If looking for depth, which is the context, it is absolutely relevant because there just aren’t many of them to go around to fill backup roles. There are probably still a few teams that don’t have a starter at that level, much less a backup.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I look at the last 3 you look at the last one, I exclude the 1st because that was all Zeke with Dak along for the ride. but all 4 years combined in TD and yards Dak sits a average around #13 take away this years junk time stats and he's around 16th mr. mathematician he is the perfect definition of average. You base him on a outlier of this years 8-8 season (Hmmm isn't that average) I throw away the the 13-3 season it's a outlier and what do you have, Dak average. Everyone should listen to you , are not you the one who says Drew Pearson is average and doesn't belong in the HOF, it's quite obvious you have zero football knowledge or talent evaluation skills based on that statement alone, and as for math looks like you failed that subject miserably. Enjoy the game today and watch the QB play you can see what a real QB looks like.

If it was all Zeke then why did Dak win rookie of the year over Zeke? DOH!!!

TOO EASY!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We've discussed this before. Brady is taking way way less,. And Dak has made loads of money off tv commercials. He has enough to retire already. More than 99.9 percent of the population of America. Secondly,. I cut trees for a living,. I've almost been killed multiple times. It's actually on the public record in medical records. I could die any given day. My job is the number one to number three most dangerous jobs in the world on every list I've ever seen. I make beans , beans for what I do. You make a lot of groundless assumptions that you know nothing of, like what other ppl. Would do, what their jobs are, what their danger levels are, etc. This is called predjudicial conjecture on Ur part to just get the logic conversation started. Also, there's many ppl in this world that aren't a secularists like you, and dedicate their lives to serving other ppl. Both in their professional lives and in their private lives for very little to nothing at all. You need a new worldview. Greed is not the answer for lasting happiness, peace , or security. The lottery winner story is completely irrelevant. No amount of money can guarantee safety, long life or anything other than ppl will try to take it from you, and you will have more to worry about losing. There's a story in the Bible about a rich man that had so much, that he hoarded his wealth in the new barns he built. I won't tell you the ending, so you can go read it for urself and glean the lesson there for us humans. Greed is a one way street to never getting where U want to go, or where you should want to go. Ask Berny Madoff where greed got him. :). And if wealth kept him out of prison. :)

Well you use one example, Madoff who got his money ILLEGALLY and you're TRYING to compare him to legally gotten money Prescott will get. And yes I said Brady has a very low salary but a ton of bonus money and has a wife that has made many times more money than he has.

Please tell us all about all the money Prescott has made off commercials. Let me guess you and he have frequent long conversations and he tells you exactly how much he makes off of commercials. There was a discussion with a couple of TV sports guys a year or two ago and one of the things that came up was how many of the players doing commercials before they became super stars how embarrassed they are at the relatively low pay they got for doing those commercials. Players don't make those huge dollars until they become big time super stars. Yes Prescott made more off his commercials than I make a year.

As far as your claim that he's already made enough to retire now, that may be true if he is to live like someone on minimum wage. His rookie contract paid him 2.7 mil over 4 years and after paying taxes he has roughly 1.4 mil over 4 years or about 350K a year. Now saving 330K a year and living off of just 20K that would be 1.32 mil to last him the next 40 or 50 years of his life which would be about 25K a year or just over minimum wage. Gee what if he wants to send his kids to college and they aren't athletes, who's going to pay for that? Or what if he develops some kind of medical condition where is the money coming from to pay for that?

Contrary to what you think having money to live comfortably and care for your family is not anything wrong. That is what 99% of the people in this country either work for or at least dream about having that. Don't give me your holier than thou song and dance like you're a Catholic clergy that has sworn off money and creature comforts.

The lottery winner is an example of a person that sounded like you before he had money and how money wasn't going to change him. We hear this all the time from every day people and how adamant they are about that. Yet we also see how things do change after coming into huge sums of money and those one time declarations fall by the roadside after they get a taste of living better.

Prescott turned down a 5 year 34 mil a year contract because he only wants a 3 year deal. He's also said publicly that he's not looking to be the highest paid QB and that length, bonuses and guarantees were his priorities.

Do you get this upset when the Cowboys sign a player to only a 2 year contract?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
A watch ya mouth in not whining. B I KNOW that's not the only thing but a big part in it. So just as much as you THINK you know yaself BOTH of us are going off of pure speculation and what WE feel and believe so move around

Yes it might be speculation but if all that was really holding up getting Prescott signed was 2 or 3 mil a year, I think most would agree that Prescott would be signed by now. Not real sure what you were trying to say in your broken English.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Love the way you keep shifting the subject, now you are back at Jimmy's teams and giving Jerry credit. gjkoeppen are you really Jerry?

Contrary to what some think, Johnson along with Jones, Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and The Moose were on the pregame for Super Bowl XLV in Dallas and one of the things that came out of that round table was Johnson finally admitting he didn't have anywhere near the power and authority people outside of the Cowboys thought he had. He also said that, that was a sore spot his entire time in Dallas. Johnson said he didn't think he should have had to get Jerry's approval on many of the things he had done. So yes I do give Jones much of the credit for those 3 Super Bowl wins. Last time I checked Johnson worked for Jones not the other way around.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Prescott is 4th in QBR 2019 .

Brady is 17th in QBR 2019.

I would sign Brady over Dak in a heartbeat.
So much for your precious stats.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
See?

I have been posting alot recently about being concerned with Dak and a potential holdout and that Dak's real agenda his money..

will be clearly his motivation.

Not going to belabor this more.

But as a leader..he is lacking.
Just saying.

Hate to say that as I like him but he should be better than this.

We need him to be better than the way things are shaping up.

Disappointed.

Dumbest argument on the board.