News: PFT: Dak Prescott won't commit to showing up, if he's tagged

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If looking for depth, which is the context, it is absolutely relevant because there just aren’t many of them to go around to fill backup roles. There are probably still a few teams that don’t have a starter at that level, much less a backup.
The context isn’t looking for depth though. Iirc you made it seem like if we don’t have Dak it would be hard to replace him and my response was that Andy Dalton level play isn’t hard to replace. I don’t know how that has to do with depth and 10yr backups stuff you mentioned.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Dumbest argument on the board.
Really?

And how would you interpret Dak making statements about not attending OTA if he has to sign a Tag?

It's not about money?

Sure it is..well maybe Dak also wants a key to the head on Jerrah's yatch written into his contract.

Could be but doubt it.

It will eventually come out.

But I hear Dak saying all sorts of interviews about not thinking about any other team to play for.

I always like Dak. He will always say the right thing.

Hey Dak..

Bring us all along on your dream as our QB.

We are waiting, reading and typing furiously, bro.

Get 'r done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The context isn’t looking for depth though. Iirc you made it seem like if we don’t have Dak it would be hard to replace him and my response was that Andy Dalton level play isn’t hard to replace. I don’t know how that has to do with depth and 10yr backups stuff you mentioned.
You missed the context of the discussion. We were discussing having that kind of depth already on the team as depth, not dumping Dak and looking for a new starter

Brax

Reaction score
If it was all Zeke then why did Dak win rookie of the year over Zeke? DOH!!!

TOO EASY!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Dak the 19th ranked QB in 2016, he did do a great job handing the ball off, just shows what ROY means,kinda like the 7th alternate to the pro bowl. No Zeke in 2016 and the team doesn't win half of those games.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
The Eagles signed Wentz, as they feared the Cowboys would do something dumb and give Prescott a crazy contract, so what happens when Mahomes gets the biggest deal ever?? Franchise Dak, he stays away...I hate to say it, he may get traded.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yes it might be speculation but if all that was really holding up getting Prescott signed was 2 or 3 mil a year, I think most would agree that Prescott would be signed by now. Not real sure what you were trying to say in your broken English.
Lol broken english. Good day sir

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Eagles signed Wentz, as they feared the Cowboys would do something dumb and give Prescott a crazy contract, so what happens when Mahomes gets the biggest deal ever?? Franchise Dak, he stays away...I hate to say it, he may get traded.

You have me thinking about which teams would want Dak in a trade; as much as I would hate to see it. The Cowboys most likely would want either a 1st round pick or another young QB in return. Maybe swap him for Baker Mayfield? That's the only one I could see as even remotely possible.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak the 19th ranked QB in 2016, he did do a great job handing the ball off, just shows what ROY means,kinda like the 7th alternate to the pro bowl. No Zeke in 2016 and the team doesn't win half of those games.

Can't compare 2016 Dak to 2019 Dak.

Players improve with experience. Prescott is much more capable of carrying a team now than he was his first couple years in the NFL. Furthermore, I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet either.

clff15701

Reaction score

Players improve with experience. Prescott is much more capable of carrying a team now than he was his first couple years in the NFL. Furthermore, I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet either.

He carried us to 8 - 8 in his best year and no playoffs. Why should we be in a hurry to overpay him? He doesnt make anyone on the team better.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He carried us to 8 - 8 in his best year and no playoffs. Why should we be in a hurry to overpay him? He doesnt make anyone on the team better.

The Cowboys had horrible coaching, the worst special teams in football, couldn't get a turnover on defense, and their receivers led the NFL in dropped passes last year. Dak isn't the reason they were only 8-8.

Could he have been better? Yes. The Patriots, Bills, and Bears games come to mind. But Dak is way, way down the list of what went wrong last year. I want to see what he can do under Mike McCarthy before throwing dirt on his career.

Brax

Reaction score

8-8 and failed against a decimated Philly team, so many of the stats mean nothing as he failed to deliver in the first 3 quarters of most games, he has been average since college, it is what he is and it is not going to change as much as all of us would like. Dak will be the steady average to good QB who will never carry a team it is what he is.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
8-8 and failed against a decimated Philly team, so many of the stats mean nothing as he failed to deliver in the first 3 quarters of most games, he has been average since college, it is what he is and it is not going to change as much as all of us would like. Dak will be the steady average to good QB who will never carry a team it is what he is.

Fair enough. But in the Philly game he had a bad throwing shoulder and the "brilliant" Garrett staff made him pass 44 times and gave Zeke 13 carries in what was never more than a two score game.

Dak passed the Cowboys downfield in the closing moments of the Vikings game, then Garrett took the ball out of his hands and ran out of downs. We've seen Dak come through in the clutch other times. I understand what you're saying, but better coaching could have given Dallas a more definitive answer about Prescott.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Nor should he. Either sign him now if he’s your guy like they keep saying he is...or it’s just hot air.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Does he REALLY want to be here or does he want to be here if he's overpaid?

I would put the transition tag on him and if he really thinks he's all that the there should be no problem with teams throwing a couple of #1's to get him......in the meantime we have a new coaching staff and a team to put together and don't have time for anymore "me" players.

Brax

Reaction score
Fair enough. But in the Philly game he had a bad throwing shoulder and the "brilliant" Garrett staff made him pass 44 times and gave Zeke 13 carries in what was never more than a two score game.

Dak passed the Cowboys downfield in the closing moments of the Vikings game, then Garrett took the ball out of his hands and ran out of downs. We've seen Dak come through in the clutch other times. I understand what you're saying, but better coaching could have given Dallas a more definitive answer about Prescott.
Let us all hope MM is the answer so we can all take a break from the Dak debate hope you enjoy the game.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The Cowboys had horrible coaching, the worst special teams in football, couldn't get a turnover on defense, and their receivers led the NFL in dropped passes last year. Dak isn't the reason they were only 8-8.

Could he have been better? Yes. The Patriots, Bills, and Bears games come to mind. But Dak is way, way down the list of what went wrong last year. I want to see what he can do under Mike McCarthy before throwing dirt on his career.

Same could be said of Phillips River/Tony Romo or 20 others. Always something or someone else holding him back. But they had great careers!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

16-19 years were better teams than Dallas has had since 07 and 14