News: PFT: Dak Prescott won't commit to showing up, if he's tagged

garyo1954

Reaction score
Hope he don't show up. That would prove why you need two capable QBs in the NFL and really put a damper on Uncle Jerry's PROCESS.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
One of the many players on he team that we couldn't possibly go 8-8 without.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I just don't see Dak holding out. Has a starting QB ever held out of training camp?

garyv

Reaction score
He won’t accept 31 a year. His agent is asking for to much and wants a short term deal. He will have Dak holding out if they try to tag him.

Offer goff money on a 4 year deal with. 3 year out. Give him a fat signing bonus and the guaranteed money and go play ball.

I would offer him a longer term deal if he will sign it. At sone point he will quit gambling on himself.

They stated already the Cowboys offered a 4 or 5 year deal he said NO him and his agent want a 3 year deal.

lockster

Reaction score
Well you use one example, Madoff who got his money ILLEGALLY and you're TRYING to compare him to legally gotten money Prescott will get. And yes I said Brady has a very low salary but a ton of bonus money and has a wife that has made many times more money than he has.

Please tell us all about all the money Prescott has made off commercials. Let me guess you and he have frequent long conversations and he tells you exactly how much he makes off of commercials. There was a discussion with a couple of TV sports guys a year or two ago and one of the things that came up was how many of the players doing commercials before they became super stars how embarrassed they are at the relatively low pay they got for doing those commercials. Players don't make those huge dollars until they become big time super stars. Yes Prescott made more off his commercials than I make a year.

As far as your claim that he's already made enough to retire now, that may be true if he is to live like someone on minimum wage. His rookie contract paid him 2.7 mil over 4 years and after paying taxes he has roughly 1.4 mil over 4 years or about 350K a year. Now saving 330K a year and living off of just 20K that would be 1.32 mil to last him the next 40 or 50 years of his life which would be about 25K a year or just over minimum wage. Gee what if he wants to send his kids to college and they aren't athletes, who's going to pay for that? Or what if he develops some kind of medical condition where is the money coming from to pay for that?

Contrary to what you think having money to live comfortably and care for your family is not anything wrong. That is what 99% of the people in this country either work for or at least dream about having that. Don't give me your holier than thou song and dance like you're a Catholic clergy that has sworn off money and creature comforts.

The lottery winner is an example of a person that sounded like you before he had money and how money wasn't going to change him. We hear this all the time from every day people and how adamant they are about that. Yet we also see how things do change after coming into huge sums of money and those one time declarations fall by the roadside after they get a taste of living better.

Prescott turned down a 5 year 34 mil a year contract because he only wants a 3 year deal. He's also said publicly that he's not looking to be the highest paid QB and that length, bonuses and guarantees were his priorities.

Do you get this upset when the Cowboys sign a player to only a 2 year contract?
Madoff didn't get his money illegally, he used it illegally. Brady doesn't depend on his wife and would never have reason to try except greed. The AVG savings of a retired person at retirement in retirement savings is 166k ! Dak has 50 million in endorsement deals right now. https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/dak-prescott-endorsements-cowboys-contract

Plus. Dak will get retirement from the NFL,. PLUS THE US GOVT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! . He's. By the same services as other Americans. :). How do ppl that only make 25 K ,. 40, K, 100k manage these issues? Do college kids these days get grants for things other than playing sports? :). You and I both know the answer to this. :). So you can save that sob story.
As far as his kids go. College shouldn't be paid for by parents or the govt , but by the student working like I did in school instead of partying their Hineys off in school. And taking trips! I worked 86 hours a week during the summer weeks and full time hours during the school semesters. On top of this, the benefits he gets from the team from eating, housing, travel, contacts in real-estate like many stars have done, even cowboys , have unbelievable benefits. The fact that he has been a cowboys QB this long guarantees him appearance for money events, autographs for money events, speaking events, hosting and working for sports networks and on and on. You can rationalize. All day how a human needs more money than 99.9. Percent of all Americans in the USA, but that's nothing but. Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life issues. Not what it takes to live comfortably. He could retire comfortably off just the investment of his first contract into a retirement fund. Or he could make even more money by investing it into real-estate or group housing units. This doesn't even account for the 50 mill. From endorsements. Funny thing is, is the lottery story you tell above applies to Dak or you, not me. The fact that one or more ppl have let those things affect them is in no way an argument for the fact others will do the same, just like one person becomes a drug addict while others refuse to use. No amount of money is a safeguard against unwise decisions. I make a small amount of money, but I pay ten percent to God in tithes immediately. Then I pay offerings. Then I do many other things that help ppl. Like feeding the homeless, helping the poor , widows, kids and such. There's a lot of other ppl that do way more than me, way more. This doesnt make a person holy, but they do show gratitude. Most of these ppl that do the most of this are Christians according to studies. These ppl. March to a different drum. Service to God, service to others. You should try this worldview. Btw, being a Catholic monk isn't a help to anyone and hurts society. Self sacrifice for the good of others , doesn't require you have to suffer, unless, there's persecution from the secularists and pagans. :). The message Ur sending isn't about even keeping a comfortable life style, but about the pride and lusts of life. :)

Tussinman

Reaction score
Franchise tag is stupid

If You're leaning towards not keeping him then why spend over 30 million dollars this year on a rental ?

if you're leaning towards keeping him then why give him over 30 million dollars of guaranteed NOT going towards a long term deal and then increase his market value by letting the cap going up again ??

He started over 60 games, you know exactly what you have so be a big boy and do something (let him go or sign him, don't do this teenage wishy washy were scared and unsure notion)

garyo1954

Reaction score
I just don't see Dak holding out. Has a starting QB ever held out of training camp?

Two notables......

JaMarcus Russell.....At the time of the incident, Len Pasquarelli—working with ESPN—wrote about the ordeal: "In terms of top overall picks, no one has held out longer than Russell since tailback Bo Jackson declined to sign with Tampa Bay altogether in 1986."

Phillip Rivers.....John Clayton of ESPN and "ponytail" fame discussed Rivers' contract situation in 2004. Michael Smith, also with ESPN, mentioned a year later that Rivers' decision to hold out until mid-August cost him a starting job, and in the process, it also set Drew Brees up for long-term success

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Madoff didn't get his money illegally, he used it illegally. Brady doesn't depend on his wife and would never have reason to try except greed. The AVG savings of a retired person at retirement in retirement savings is 166k ! Dak has 50 million in endorsement deals right now. https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/dak-prescott-endorsements-cowboys-contract

Plus. Dak will get retirement from the NFL,. PLUS THE US GOVT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! . He's. By the same services as other Americans. :). How do ppl that only make 25 K ,. 40, K, 100k manage these issues? Do college kids these days get grants for things other than playing sports? :). You and I both know the answer to this. :). So you can save that sob story.
As far as his kids go. College shouldn't be paid for by parents or the govt , but by the student working like I did in school instead of partying their Hineys off in school. And taking trips! I worked 86 hours a week during the summer weeks and full time hours during the school semesters. On top of this, the benefits he gets from the team from eating, housing, travel, contacts in real-estate like many stars have done, even cowboys , have unbelievable benefits. The fact that he has been a cowboys QB this long guarantees him appearance for money events, autographs for money events, speaking events, hosting and working for sports networks and on and on. You can rationalize. All day how a human needs more money than 99.9. Percent of all Americans in the USA, but that's nothing but. Lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life issues. Not what it takes to live comfortably. He could retire comfortably off just the investment of his first contract into a retirement fund. Or he could make even more money by investing it into real-estate or group housing units. This doesn't even account for the 50 mill. From endorsements. Funny thing is, is the lottery story you tell above applies to Dak or you, not me. The fact that one or more ppl have let those things affect them is in no way an argument for the fact others will do the same, just like one person becomes a drug addict while others refuse to use. No amount of money is a safeguard against unwise decisions. I make a small amount of money, but I pay ten percent to God in tithes immediately. Then I pay offerings. Then I do many other things that help ppl. Like feeding the homeless, helping the poor , widows, kids and such. There's a lot of other ppl that do way more than me, way more. This doesnt make a person holy, but they do show gratitude. Most of these ppl that do the most of this are Christians according to studies. These ppl. March to a different drum. Service to God, service to others. You should try this worldview. Btw, being a Catholic monk isn't a help to anyone and hurts society. Self sacrifice for the good of others , doesn't require you have to suffer, unless, there's persecution from the secularists and pagans. :). The message Ur sending isn't about even keeping a comfortable life style, but about the pride and lusts of life. :)
Look at you! Going all ranty and stuff!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Franchise tag is stupid

If You're leaning towards not keeping him then why spend over 30 million dollars this year on a rental ?

if you're leaning towards keeping him then why give him over 30 million dollars of guaranteed NOT going towards a long term deal and then increase his market value by letting the cap going up again ??

He started over 60 games, you know exactly what you have so be a big boy and do something (let him go or sign him, don't do this teenage wishy washy were scared and unsure notion)

Franchise Tag, depending on how you tag him is not 30 mil.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Honestly, I think many of us are shouting at the tunnel of inevitability and the echo is us repeating ourselves.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Madoff was convicted on 11 criminal counts from securities fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering and running a ponzi scheme. Security fraud and ponzi schemes are most definitely making money illegally.

You also misquoted your own article and further research shows that the vast majority of that 50 mil was in an insurance policy if he gets a career ending injury not from endorsements.

I happy for you that you give away so much of your hard earned money and based on the fact that you said you make a small amount of money and give away 10 % right off the bat and then more after that because you like living in or next to poverty doesn't mean everybody has to like it or want to do that. Now if you come back and say you don't live in or next to poverty then you either lied about that "small amount" and it's not really such a small amount or you not living in or near poverty and that means that you're not the pure Christian you want us to believe you because you lied to us.

This all started because you have a problem with people negotiating as big of a salary as they can and don't prescribe to the idea that they have to live a meek no fun life.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Cool it's 25 for transition and 27 for franchise, thanks that really changes my point and significance of my post.... (point being wasting significant cap in both scenarios )

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cool it's 25 for transition and 27 for franchise, thanks that really changes my point and significance of my post......

I have no idea what the point or significance of your post is but you are very welcome.

I see you added to your last post.

(point being wasting significant cap in both scenarios )

I don't see how it would be wasted. If he didn't show up, then he doesn't get paid. If he did show up, then it would stand to reason that he would play. I don't know, just trying to address your post.

Last edited:

lockster

Reaction score
Madoff was convicted on 11 criminal counts from securities fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering and running a ponzi scheme. Security fraud and ponzi schemes are most definitely making money illegally.

You also misquoted your own article and further research shows that the vast majority of that 50 mil was in an insurance policy if he gets a career ending injury not from endorsements.

I happy for you that you give away so much of your hard earned money and based on the fact that you said you make a small amount of money and give away 10 % right off the bat and then more after that because you like living in or next to poverty doesn't mean everybody has to like it or want to do that. Now if you come back and say you don't live in or next to poverty then you either lied about that "small amount" and it's not really such a small amount or you not living in or near poverty and that means that you're not the pure Christian you want us to believe you because you lied to us.

This all started because you have a problem with people negotiating as big of a salary as they can and don't prescribe to the idea that they have to live a meek no fun life.
The vast majority wasn't for insurance. And it doesn't say that. Madoff actually worked for a legitimate investment firm . And yes technically getting money under one guise and using it for another is receiving wrongly, but the point was, it was the way he used his money was what caused him to lose it, not the amount of money he had, that had anything to do with his becoming poor. This applies to all ppl rich , middle, poor.

lockster

Reaction score

The vast majority wasn't for insurance. And it doesn't say that. Madoff actually worked for a legitimate investment firm . And yes technically getting money under one guise and using it for another is receiving wrongly, but the point was, it was the way he used his money was what caused him to lose it, not the amount of money he had, that had anything to do with his becoming poor. This applies to all ppl rich , middle, poor.
And Ur argument over my income level is irrelevant. You don't know, and. I didn't put a number on it. Furthermore, I never said anyone should live at poverty level or like it, so that's a straw man argument. And living with a life of millions in no way represents a no fun life , a life without loads of material possessions or anywhere close to it.
Whats more, no where I have I even intimated that I live a holy life or close to it. I simply pointed out that Ur assessment of Ur ideas of what life is like for most ppl do not apply to most ppl. , Go find me a study that backs that up,. And I used my little life to give U an example. If you want to hear some marvelous examples of ppl I'm friends with or have been till they died that lived their lives for others I can give U a ton of stories. I could tell you about the life of one of my best friends growing up. Desmond Doss,. You will find he not only has a book on himself, but a movie by Mel Gibson. He lived his life for others till the day he died. Gave away tons of his personal money to churches, schools, etc. This is what's wrong with America. Greed, sex, power. And the world, too. Dak is already rich beyond reason for the vast amount of Americans not even considering the rest of the world. According to fox news, the majority of Americans couldn't survive being without a job for two weeks without losing card , houses, and more. We seen this when the housing market failed. And job loss. Under the last president. :). Most ppl. Live a very destitute life compared to the standard of life Dak could have now if he never played another down of football. You try to make it seem as if his financial future would be in trouble. That would only be the case if he made stupid decisions as many football players make and Bernie Madoff. Due to greed, sex, power, pride! He would come out ahead by taking less and the team winning both financially and emotionally, spiritually. I understand these aren't your priorities which is why you would grab every last penny you could take , even if doing so, takes the ship down. That's what happens when you get one player that wants a third of the total pie of the salary cap. You aren't a Dallas cowboys fan because of this, Ur simply someone who loves to cheer for particular players on the team to destroy it. Congratulations, more of this type exist in the NFL than the reverse. That's also why I respect players like BRADY, bill Bates, Woodson, Aikman, Smith, and others who took less to help the team succeed. That's also , why the game of football had been destroyed largely due to greed on all sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

You really do have a reading or comprehension problem. At NO time did I say or imply that the amount of money Madoff MADE was illegal. I said the way in which he made the money was illegal.

Please try to know more about what you're trying to talk about. No Madoff DIDN'T work for some other firm. Madoff started a stock investment firm in 1960 and was president and chairmen of the board until he was arrested in 2008. He was first investigated for a Ponzi scheme that later turn into 10 other criminal charges brought against him. He was found guilty on all 11 charges. There is no ifs ands or buts that Madoff made is money illegally. And yes he kept spending foolishly and making bad real estate investments causing to continue to take more and more money illegally.

Again you tried to talk about something you obviously don't know anything about. When Aikman signed his second contract it was for the second largest contract all time. Only Brett Favre's contract was bigger. Then Emmitt sat out for the first 2 weeks of the season and the Cowboys then gave Emmitt everything he wanted and was the highest paid running back in the league. So much for either your knowledge or memory.

You asked for polls that say most people if they were able to would want to make more money and I'll put it right back on you to show polls that common sense doesn't exist.

I think you would be much happier living in some socialistic country where people aren't free to make as much money as they can, where you would hear about people making millions of sollars.

Lastly, I've been a Cowboys fan since the very first day they came into existence in 1960.

DEA_dad

Reaction score
MM doesn't have any previously existing loyalties to Dak, and he has been apparently handed the reigns to build this team how he wants, at least with the staff so far.
MM might be intrigued with Dak, and is hopeful of a contract resolution so that he can make him a true franchise QB.
We don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we drafted a QB regardless.

It’s almost a certainty that 3 of the top 5 will be gone by our pick, would you take one in the first if one of the other two fell? Also, if you really liked someone would you move up a couple of spots?