News: PFT: Deion Sanders: They're letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Reality, Jan 28, 2020.

1. sideon

sideon Well-Known Member

1,757 Messages
    1,789 Likes Received
    Is it fun living the life of a troll?

2. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,871 Messages
    11,584 Likes Received
    They let all these people in, but they leave out a true Hall of Famer in Drew Pearson. It's complete rubbish!! A complete fraud of a HOF like the Rock and Roll HOF!!

3. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,871 Messages
    11,584 Likes Received
    Don't get me wrong, the people in the HOF probably deserve it, but Drew Pearson deserves it too!! Long overdue

4. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

2,086 Messages
    3,776 Likes Received
    Some of the dumbest crap I’ve ever read on this forum and proof that idiocy is rampant with Cowboys fans.

5. cowboysfan99

cowboysfan99 Well-Known Member

226 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    You’re playing some weird mental gymnastics in this conversation. You’re saying 2 separate leagues merged because of his Super Bowl moment which is what I originally said was what got him in, but you disagreed and said there were more reasons. The merger was announced 3 years prior to Super Bowl III so you’re wrong anyways. I was just pointing out that there really wasn’t much more to him than his SB victory. His stats aren’t pretty.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,502 Messages
    4,011 Likes Received
    Dude I can’t follow you. My reply was to this post:
    He has the lowest completion percentage of any HOF QB (50.1%), he had a losing record as a starting QB (62-63-4), he only made the playoffs twice (lost the first game the only other time), and he's also the only HOF QB who has more career interceptions than touchdowns (173 TDs vs. 220 INTs).
    What you said prior to the your above post I have no idea. Maybe you can advise where I disagreed with you.

7. cowboysfan99

226 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Just scroll back a few pages:

8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

18,400 Messages
    20,569 Likes Received
    Sammy Baugh: 187-203
    Bobby Lane: 196-243
    Kenny Stabler: 194-222

I don't believe Namath belongs in there either.

Runwildboys likes this.
  9. ottawacowpoke

ottawacowpoke Active Member

125 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I always thought Lester Hayes should be in.

75boyz likes this.
  10. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

3,570 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    The only reason he's in is because of his personality and commercial appeal. He was probably the most known football player in the 60s and 70s and mostly not for his actual on field results. He probably still gets in without the Super Bowl just because he took the commercialization to a different level for an NFL player. But yeah he wasn't that good an NFL QB for the most part. He was the first QB to throw for 4,000 yards in a season.

11. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

2,293 Messages
    792 Likes Received
    The hard part about this is that there are clearly 2 or 3 Cowboys not in the Hall of Fame who deserve it. Chuck Howley was a 5x All-Pro, Super Bowl MVP, and Super Bowl MVP runner-up (I think). How is he not in?

12. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

3,635 Messages
    1,837 Likes Received
    Manning Lite should not go in if Jim Plucket isn’t.

75boyz likes this.
  13. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,502 Messages
    4,011 Likes Received
    Well obviously others did, First Time Enshrinement for Joe Willie Namath was a Slam Dunk by the voters.

14. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

16,259 Messages
    17,051 Likes Received
    It’s a beginning to remind me of the pro bowl.

15. cowboysfan99

226 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Oops I missed Stabler. Those other two didn't even show up on the list I was looking at. I honestly know nothing about QBs from their era. I do see Layne won 3 championships and was a 7 time all pro (3 first team) while Baugh won 2 championships and had 7 first team all pro selections. Baugh also led the league yearly in a lot of categories.

16. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Runwildboys and Corso like this.
  17. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    75boyz and Runwildboys like this.
  18. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

3,570 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    I'm not sure any of today's QBs woul be allowed to have success in the old NFL. Rules were just against teams trying to pass it most often. And offenses just weren't that evolved from the old T formation either. Defenses were basically allowed to do whatever they wanted to receivers.

19. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,923 Messages
    13,052 Likes Received
    Obviously Romo will get into the HOF , since Neon Dieon is saying everyone gets in.

Good for Romo !

20. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

23,320 Messages
    44,300 Likes Received
    Hall of Talent wouldn't be a very good name.

LittleBoyBlue and Super_Kazuya like this.