News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he's planning a training-camp holdout

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Much of Dak's success is predicated on Zeke
this is not true, if Dallas had no dak and had to play white or rush, with elliot, no way they win 10 games.
Take away zeke, but have Dak at qb, and they could still win 10 games.
qb > rb always.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Didn't Sterling Sharpe go in the weekend before the start of the regular season and say hey guys pay me or I'm sitting out?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Florio has been writing made-up articles about Zeke and the Cowboys all spring n summer. Waiting for the co-sign on this report from a more reliable source.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I'll believe he's going to hold out when I see it.

But if he's does, I'm fine with letting him. He's under contract for two more years.

He has very little leverage.

But until I see something like this happen, I'm sure not going to get worked up about it.
He literally has zero leverage.

His current deal is #1 at his position for fully guaranteed and #3 at his position or total guaranteed. He's already getting top 5 money as his position + like you said this isn't even the final year of his deal (it's not like he's fretting about not having a job in 6 months, he has 2 full seasons left).

Little Jr

Reaction score
He wasn't a free agent. This was 1993, before unrestricted free agency. Teams would have had to call Dallas.
Unrestricted FA began in March 1993. Maybe Smith was some how grandfather in but it began in 1993

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Cowboys FO is now trying to play cheap and is using excuses for not going after big FAs. The Amati Cooper deal was basically panic and a move by necessity, because Dak looked like a major cluster and the whole world was saying these guys were idiots for releasing Dez, and they should bring him back.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...gency-inactivity-philosophy-future-contracts/

Please explain how the Cowboys are playing cheap? Zeke is starting the 4th of FIVE year deal. He has 2 years left. Dak has this season only left. Not too many teams start doing extensions on a rookie 1st rd draft pick before the start of season 4. Now if all teams were doing it, and only dallas was not, then I could see your point, but your expecting Dallas to do what other teams are not doing.

Getting Amari was panic? really? They gave up a number 1 to get a top WR that is barely 23 if I remember correctly.... that is hardly panic. Dez was my favorite player, but I dont see them as thinking they messed up letting him walk... even though it crushed me.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He’s making 3.8 mil this season.

He’s an elite RB with two rushing titles.

His market value is at least 10-15 mil per year.

He is also a rookie who is getting paid top 5 draft money. I'll let him walk once his contact is over. Merchandise sales along with a couple of rushing titles is the only reason why he is here.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He is also a rookie who is getting paid top 5 draft money. I'll let him walk once his contact is over. Merchandise sales along with a couple of rushing titles is the only reason why he is here.
you do realize weve been in the hunt for 2 of the last 3 years, and zeke is a huge reason why.... you know this, yes? and youd just let him walk? if they were gonna do that, then they should NEVER spend another 1st rd. pick on a RB again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please hold out, please get suspended, please let the other backs show what they can do.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Zeke can sit out TC but he'll be there once the season starts. He's not getting a new contract until after this season if at all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he's planning a training-camp holdout

gettyimages-1090301506-e1563210933643.jpg

Chargers running back Melvin Gordon isn't being coy about his intent to hold out until he gets a new deal. Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott apparently is, at least for now. Per a league s...

Read Full Story
Tony Pollard, grab your helmet!

We've got work to do and you will be our new hero!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'd be more worried if Dak or Amari were threatening this.
Zeke can get fat, rest and save his body for the regular season. Or get fat, rest during suspension.
He is no longer, in my mind, one of the triplets, just a pretender.

CWR

Reaction score
Its too early for this. Its also ridiculous considering he just got finished meeting with the commissioner AGAIN.

All said I wouldn't mind extending him early provided there is a conduct clause in his contract. Give me the ability to void remaining years if he cant keep his partying under control.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
He’s making 3.8 mil this season.

He’s an elite RB with two rushing titles.

His market value is at least 10-15 mil per year.

He is not underplayed by market value. He has one of the most lucrative rookie contracts which is the market he is in. The market value you are stating is for veterans. He will get his on his next contract.