News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he's planning a training-camp holdout

wecasa

Reaction score
I'd say pay the guy. BUT, that contract better have some serious player conduct caveats in it. Like if he's a ****** again and gets suspended by good ole rog, it's nul and void. Won't happen but you'd think they would add some language to it that would hit him in the pocket pretty hard if he does something stupid.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Demarco Murray won a rushing title too. With a lot more yards and touchdowns. It didn't make them beholden to him. And it doesn't make them with Elliott either.

True .

But Zeke won 2 in 3 years.

And his stats are outstanding.

His average is 100+ yards per game.

DMurray was solid, but he is not Zeke.

If you can find another RB in the NFL better than Zeke and only pay him 3.8 mill this year, then go for it Jerry.

Otherwise , get your checkbook out.

Common Sense

Reaction score
It has some truth to it .

Camp is starting soon.

Zeke and his money is not right.

He’s an elite RB making 3.8 mill this season.

This has holdout written all over it.

It’s an easy bet.

Zeke has an $8M cap figure this season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True .

But Zeke won 2 in 3 years.

And his stats are outstanding.

His average is 100+ yards per game.

DMurray was solid, but he is not Zeke.

If you can find another RB in the NFL better than Zeke and only pay him 3.8 mill this year, then go for it Jerry.

Otherwise , get your checkbook out.

Somehow the Cowboys have been "lucky" enough to find their last three consecutive "great running backs" - Murray, McFadden, and Elliott - maybe this offensive line has something to do with that?

Yep. I'll line up another running back behind that line and take my chances. And Eliott can have fun following the Le'Veon Bell career trajectory.

Hardline

Reaction score
Not much of a secret if someone wrote an article about it.
I think it's a lie personally

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Typically these holdouts, most the fans support the players. Not sure that would be the case here.

In what galaxy? Not in this here Milky Way.

So if this was said privately why is there a story about it?

I call BS.

Ain't you never heard of mind-reading? I mean, how else do fans know what Goodell and Mara are thinking right before some ill befalls the Cowboys. Tinfoil hats DO work.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Not really knowing if this is true or not but I’m seriously getting to the point of saying go hard to sign Cooper and Jones and make Dak and Elliot play out their deals. Franchise Dak with permission to seek a deal somewhere else and let Elliot hold out as long as he likes. Sign the best veteran QB that comes available and draft one high next year and hope someone is dumb enough to give up the picks for Dak. You just drafted 2 RBs and another can come next draft as well. Zeke is getting harder and harder to root for and I would never pay a QB what Dak wants before he proves he is worth it. Giving in to both their demands is a disaster waiting to happen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind if he met his 4 years and not wanting to play the 5th year option. But then again they are wanting to pay Dak at the end of his 3rd year. SJ has said they are planning on paying him. Pay Dak and Elliot and Cooper. Let the cap guys go to work and figure out how to do it with the signing bonuses and have it staggered out right. We have Jaylon and a few others coming up.

foofighters

Reaction score
He’s making 3.8 mil this season.

He’s an elite RB with two rushing titles.

His market value is at least 10-15 mil per year.
He's not underpaid according to the CBA. Who wants to pay for $10 beers and $7 hot dogs plus super expensive "cheap seats?" Maybe if he stops with that idiotic "feed me" thing and solves his off the field issues, then maybe.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I dare him to hold out. I'm thinking this is just a bogus report.

khiladi

Reaction score
He clearly does have leverage when Dallas is trying to negotiate a deal with Dak based on his rookie deal, with one year left to play.

I hope he does hold-out... and Jerry goes into the season with Dak saying he’s not giving a hometown discount and we get to watch Dak play, like he did Atlanta 2017 onwards when the Zeke suspension came into effect..