News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott raises $85,000 to feed 400,000 families in need

aria

Reaction score
Like I used to say when I was younger, I could give 10 people a $1000 a piece, there would still be someone in that group that would still not like me.
Why don’t you say it now once you’re older or did you just do that? And if so, then why say you used to say it when you were younger? Just curious.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Why don’t you say it now once you’re older or did you just do that? And if so, then why say you used to say it when you were younger? Just curious.

I said younger because It was when I was 40 and my cousin and I was in conversation, now close to 60, regardless of age it still would not make a difference, people will be people.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gotchya. My point was I find it disgusting that a guy making millions is screwing over his fans for $25, no matter how much they paid.

In other news, I don’t recall seeing a thread about Daks actual pledge to donate ONE MILLION dollars to a worthy cause. Perhaps I missed it or maybe he doesn’t get the publicity because people know he’s a good dude who doesn’t need the extra publicity to help his reputation. I would have thought that would have been a little more news worthy than an effort to raise $85K :huh:
I thought maybe we didn't see it because it will get you benched because of the subject matter......but who knows....

Swanny

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott raises $85,000 to feed 400,000 families in need - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-856844320-e1594236465254.jpg

Ezekiel Elliott uses his trademark "Feed Me" celebration on the field. Off the field, the Cowboys running back is feeding others. Elliott announced in May he was collaborating with CentreTX to release exclusive merchandise with 100 percent of proceeds going to the North Texas Food Bank. This week, Elliott announced the total donation is $85,000, [more]

Read Full Story
How in the world does $85,000 feed 400,000 families?

plasticman

Reaction score
He helped raise 85k towards the cause. That's not the total......wow! Some people just can't do anything right. But!!!!! The CZ will kiss his butt when he runs and scores.

Okay, I'll buy that, but the headline seems kind of misleading. I was kind of thinking that $100 might buy a weeks worth of food for the average family so he would be feeding 850 families, a truly warm hearted gesture. I mean, if the headline was "helped to feed 850 families" instead of 400,000, it would be just as praiseworthy.

Feeding 400,000 families with $85,000 would be like feeding a small city with a Great Depression style soup kitchen.

Yeah, I'm trivializing, but I am so bored.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He could find a cure for cancer and still be on my crap list.

Wonder if he did his stupid feed me gesture afterward.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ezekiel Elliott raises $85,000 to feed 400,000 families in need - ProFootballTalk

Ezekiel Elliott uses his trademark "Feed Me" celebration on the field. Off the field, the Cowboys running back is feeding others. Elliott announced in May he was collaborating with CentreTX to release exclusive merchandise with 100 percent of proceeds going to the North Texas Food Bank. This week, Elliott announced the total donation is $85,000, [more]

Read Full Story
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Good for him. That’s the news stories I like to see from him. He is a giving person, he just makes some bone head decisions also.
These are no small gestures.

This guy is our team leader like it or not.

All his team mates follow him.

That's all that matters. Any other opinions are irrelevant.

Look forward to him winning another rushing championship.

But I think with Lambs arrival..Zeke is going to catch more passes in this offense in the WCO.

Feed me.

:thumbup:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

But I think with Lambs arrival..Zeke is going to catch more passes in this offense in the WCO.

Feed me.

FEED THE BEAST!

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Read Full Story

Wait....

Thats....

84:400

Oh, uh, thats a rediculous quater dollar for every family.

Man. Happy feasting y'all!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look past the gift, to criticize the gifter. This money, is not from his bank account. It is proceeds from merchandise. How can anyone sane, find fault in this act of kindness?

If $85,000 is all that was raised, and it's given to help others, only the soulless will gripe. Athletes, entertainers, philanthropist alike, are always charitable. For one, I am grateful.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it is nice gesture, but it isnt out of his pocket.
he could easily afford to donate a few hundred thousand to this ?

In fact Jerry could kick in 2-3 million, and the rest of the team another mil or 2.
But then how much of that would actually reach the familys?
And what kind of food would it be?

aria

Reaction score

Feed me.

Actually it is a small gesture, he didn’t even donate any of his own money. I guess the 50 million guaranteed isn’t enough to feed himself for the rest of his life plus his future lawyers and bail bonds.

Team leader? Bwahahahahahaha...I hope no one is following this clown or if they are I guess it would explain why the team quit last year. Just need a few other players to get suspended or in trouble and I may actually believe you.

You think he’s going to catch more passes AND winning the rushing championship? Very doubtful, he could barely handle the load last year and Christian McCaffrey he is not.

I truly think you are trolling with your zeke posts or you are delusional, possibly both.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
My math says, 400,000 families wouldn't eat on 85k bucks. The message may be off.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Feed me.

I don’t think he has matured enough to be a leader. Maybe some follow him. But not many at this point. He is in the position to take a lead role but I still think Dak is more of a leader. This contract thing is something all players go through. Believe me, we are more pissed about this contract thing than the locker room.

Elliot has a ways to go. But he may win a rushing title. MM won’t put up with any crap that JG turned his head from.