PFT-Florio: On officiating concerns, Jerry Jones misses the point (perhaps deliberately)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not me.

My take is that the evidence thereof is becoming insurmountable. It's just too much.
If I felt that strongly the NFL was rigged by officiating I’d lose interest watching Fake Football.

Personally I’m more frustrated with the new rules protecting the QB, the too sensitive PI calls and reviewing every reception and TD.

Inconsistency in officiating is way down my list.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We're not talking about throwing games.
But throwing games is what most fans are talking about. If not then it’s just poor inconsistency in officiating . Which isn’t a new problem.

Using one example like the NO game shouldn’t set a precedence that all officials would have missed that call. If you want to reprimand or fire that official , I’m fine with that. Even use that miscall as an example. All good. But to put more into like alternative motives without further evidence I draw the line. That’s just sour grapes from fans.

Just like the call in the KC game the other night fans were complaining about. Which wasn’t as blatant as the NO game. We see the official in the spot but we didn’t see exactly where their eyes were looking.

The bigger issue is I think the officials refrain from making these PI on what is often the last play or possession in a game wanting to let the players play . Not wanting a subjective penalty to determine the outcome. Which I’m ok with.

And that could be something the league has directed them to be cautious of. Which to some extent I’d be ok with that too.

It’s becoming too often teams just throw a ball deep looking for any kind of contact to call PI.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This fan base has so many crybabies, looking for every excuse for the last 28 years.

I quit being a moderator for health reasons but this whiny BS made it even easier. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Of course. However, you're taking the easy way out because you don't want to believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many of the Cowboys 3 Super Bowls in four seasons were the result of ref manipulation? I'll go out on a limb and guess none of them.

There's something about the 28 years since them that forms fans minds. There has to be a reason - it can't be the Cowboys - so, the refs!!!