PFT: Garrett Leaves Baltimore Heads for Atlanta

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
GARRETT HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2008, 5:58 p.m.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has left Baltimore without becoming the team’s new head coach.

Per Schefter, the Ravens didn’t want to let Garrett get away. He’ll now head to Atlanta, where the Falcons will try to do to the Ravens on Garrett what the Dolphins did to the Falcons on Bill Parcells.

Meanwhile, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reportedly is ready to pay through the nose (or other orifice) to keep Garrett.

This one is suddenly getting very interesting. At least Cowboys fans now have a reason to eat some of that leftover popcorn.​

The Panch

Reaction score
This one is suddenly getting very interesting
Annoying is more like it. This little twirp is getting on my nerves. Then again, Jerry really didnt help matters and it seems he'll never learn. The fact that he's willing to pay him HC money disgusts me. I cant say I dont admire Garrett's hustle, but when he's unproven and basically trying to pimp Jerry for everything he can get out of him, its too much and says a lot about his character.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
This has to be about driving up his price. Jason is a smart guy, and I can't imagine he sees this as a better situation than staying put or being the head coach in Baltimore.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I highly doubt he would take the Atlanta job.

If there was a job I was worried about him taking it was the Baltimore job.

Come on home JG. Get that big $$ from JJ and let's win a SB.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The Panch;1907531 said:
Annoying is more like it. This little twirp is getting on my nerves. Then again, Jerry really didnt help matters and it seems he'll never learn. The fact that he's willing to pay him HC money disgusts me. I cant say I dont admire Garrett's hustle, but when he's unproven and basically trying to pimp Jerry for everything he can get out of him, its too much.

It's not your money. Why do you care if he has a high salary?

The Panch

Reaction score
Dallas;1907541 said:
It's not your money. Why do you care if he has a high salary?
Its not the money that disgusts me, its his character. Like I said, I respect his hustle, I just wish he wouldnt do it to a franchise that he could very well be the head coach of in a few years.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
The Panch;1907546 said:
Its not the money that disgusts me, its his character. Like I said, I respect his hustle, I just wish he wouldnt do it to a franchise that he could very well be the head coach of in a few years.

Jerry has said before he encourages coaches to take interviews, if for no other reason than the experience. Besides, all JG is doing is looking out for himself and his family, but you have a problem with a man doing that? You must be on welfare or stuck in a dead end job because where i come from improving your stock in life isn't frowned upon.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1907554 said:
Jerry has said before he encourages coaches to take interviews, if for no other reason than the experience. Besides, all JG is doing is looking out for himself and his family, but you have a problem with a man doing that? You must be on welfare or stuck in a dead end job because where i come from improving your stock in life isn't frowned upon.

:clap2:

Very well said. My thoughts exactly.

The Panch

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1907554 said:
Did you not read what I said?? I have no problem with him trying to be a HC, I have a problem with him luring J. Jones into paying him more to say for in Dallas when he'll be in the HC in a few years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1907554 said:
I haven't said this in a very long time, but it applies now.

Hammer

Nail

Contact

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Panch;1907531 said:
Annoying is more like it. This little twirp is getting on my nerves. Then again, Jerry really didnt help matters and it seems he'll never learn. The fact that he's willing to pay him HC money disgusts me. I cant say I dont admire Garrett's hustle, but when he's unproven and basically trying to pimp Jerry for everything he can get out of him, its too much and says a lot about his character.

how do you know he's playing sides? isn't it telling of character to just assume based on so few facts and NO personal interaction?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Panch;1907563 said:
Did you not read what I said?? I have no problem with him trying to be a HC, I have a problem with him luring J. Jones into paying him more to say for in Dallas when he'll be in the HC in a few years.

you assume he's doing this. people let their assumptions become reality far too often.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1907554 said:

:bow:

Hey, if other coaches (the Rooney Rule) can go to interviews to gain experience, why not this redheaded stepchild?

;)

Reaction score
Hmm this will be very interesting, I believe Garrett will stay because Jerry probably has him lined up as the next head coach.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
The Panch;1907531 said:
so you are telling me you wouldnt do whatever is best to take care of your family? its no different than a guy always looking for a better paying job.
heck, if another company wanted my services with higher pay (cya!)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I don't have a problem w/anyone trying to increase the bulge in their pocket book...Hell I would too.:)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Cbz40;1907621 said:
I don't have a problem w/anyone trying to increase the bulge in their pocket book...Hell I would too.:)

I have been known to try and increase my own bulge. I bet there are lots of people who want to increase the bulge.

They say the size of the bulge doesn't matter. It does matter. ;)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Dallas;1907629 said:
I have been known to try and increase my own bulge. I bet there are lots of people who want to increase the bulge.

They say the size of the bulge doesn't matter. It does matter. ;)

Yes Sir indeed.....a bigger bulge is always better. :D