PFT: Garrett Leaves Baltimore Heads for Atlanta

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
The Panch;1907563 said:
Did you not read what I said?? I have no problem with him trying to be a HC, I have a problem with him luring J. Jones into paying him more to say for in Dallas when he'll be in the HC in a few years.

And why do you have a problem with that??

silverbear

Reaction score
marchetta;1907933 said:
That's exactly what it sounds like to me. He's checking out his market value. Then he'll ask JJ to match it or at least come close. I'm confident he's going nowhere.

And I'll bet Jerry's the one who encouraged him to play his hand this way...

"Go get your best offer, son, and bring it on back to me, and I'll match it to keep you around until it's time to replace Wade"...

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1908274 said:
And what exactly is wrong with Garrett's character??

Answer-- not one freakin' thing... a man has to take care of his family, which means he has to maximize his earning potential... so even if Garrett is just doing this to pry more coin out of Jerry, more power to him... he has the leverage, he ought to use it...

I guess if you had two or three different companies that were lookin' to pay you big bucks, you wouldn't talk to them, you'd stay right where you are, right??

Anything else would make you a cosmic hypocrite, if you're gonna give Garrett grief for looking around right now... and if some team is stupid enough to make him their head coach (he's simply not qualified for the job-- YET), then who are you to blame him for bettering himself??

Believe it or not, when you come to work for the Dallas Cowboys, you do not become an indentured servant... and believe it or not, there are other offensive coordinators out there who could come to Valley Ranch and do a perfectly fine job, if Jason moves on...

For you to whine about Garrett's alleged lack of character is beyond asinine, and is quite childish...

Wow take a chill pill buddy it's not that serious. We all know the true answer why red boy is exiting. It's because he has no faith in gun-slinger non management romo. Do you blame red boy for leaving and finding his Troy Aikman to lead his system the right way? I don't & you shouldn't either.

silverbear

Reaction score
tnbk;1908099 said:
Some of us do and get tired of high wage earner's pimping themselves out. I have a good job.....do you all realize what my boss would say if I told him company B wanted to pay me more?

If you're WORTH more, he'll probably at least think about giving it to you (assuming he's a good businessman)... if you're not, he'll help you pack...

You should know that some of us get tired of some of you always griping 'cause "high wage earners" take advantage of their leverage to make even higher wages... it annoys us because we know that ALL of you who are griping about what Jason's doing would do the EXACT SAME THING if you had the same leverage...

So you're basically b*tching because Jason's got the juice, and you don't, and never will...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
theogt;1907528 said:
GARRETT HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2008, 5:58 p.m.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has left Baltimore without becoming the team’s new head coach.​

Per Schefter, the Ravens didn’t want to let Garrett get away. He’ll now head to Atlanta, where the Falcons will try to do to the Ravens on Garrett what the Dolphins did to the Falcons on Bill Parcells.​

Meanwhile, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reportedly is ready to pay through the nose (or other orifice) to keep Garrett.​

This one is suddenly getting very interesting. At least Cowboys fans now have a reason to eat some of that leftover popcorn.​

Looks like the Ravens put on the full-court press and tried to close the deal, but came up short. Talks broke down and Garettt said "Im outta here".

Looks like Jerry stepped up and matched the offer. It is going to be freaking haliarious seeing Wade's face when he finds out Garett is making twice his salary.:lmao:

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The Panch;1907546 said:
Its not the money that disgusts me, its his character. Like I said, I respect his hustle, I just wish he wouldnt do it to a franchise that he could very well be the head coach of in a few years.

So if you had another company willing to pay you more money and your current boss said he would match it, you would take the high ground and stay at your current salary? I'm not buying what you're selling.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
tnbk;1908099 said:
Puh-lease......it is called integrity...and now I seriously doubt JG's.

Don't try to equate what JG is making as the OC for Dallas as what the rest of us make by saying we have no idea what it means to support a family in the real world.

Does JG worry about money for Christmas, bills, rent, etc?

Some of us do and get tired of high wage earner's pimping themselves out. I have a good job.....do you all realize what my boss would say if I told him company B wanted to pay me more?

That is why a lot of us have a problem with this....and I was looking forward to JG as the next HC. Now I don't trust him.

Exactly when was Jason Garrett promised the Cowboys next head coaching job?

A bird in the bag is ALWAYS the safer bet that two in the bush. There is definately no guarantee that Jason Garrett was going to be Dallas next HC. What happens if our offense struggles just as bad all next season as it did the last month of the season, do you really think that Jerry Jones would still be lining up to hand Garrett the reins to the Dallas Cowboys still?

If Jason Garrett is smart he will take one of the HC jobs unless he can get Jerry to offer him HC type of money AND write into the contract that he is the next Cowboys HC and if he does get bypassed for the position, he is owed a large amount of money.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
tnbk;1908099 said:
Puh-lease......it is called integrity...and now I seriously doubt JG's.

Don't try to equate what JG is making as the OC for Dallas as what the rest of us make by saying we have no idea what it means to support a family in the real world.

Does JG worry about money for Christmas, bills, rent, etc?

That is why a lot of us have a problem with this....and I was looking forward to JG as the next HC. Now I don't trust him.

So your issue is that, since you are not valued in your company the rest of the world that is valued is supposed to hold themselves to some code of honor you have created to make you feel better? Bunk. You should go live in a communist country where people all get paid equal wages so you can feel better, because that is just a sad outlook. Garrett is putting his career and his family first and good for him.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Maybe the Ravens thing isn't over yet. Maybe Garrett is going to follow Parcells lead, let the Falcons raise the price and then leave them at the altar. Again.:laugh2:

tnbk

Reaction score
Sorry guys.....didn't mean to state my opinion to open myself up to all of these personal attacks.

To those of you who have attacked me personally that's unfortunate. Maybe it is you trying to make yourselves feel better by tearing someone else down.

To those that are still offended I am sorry....but maybe my love for this team has clouded my thinking and made me not as objective as I thought I was.

Regardless..I have and also will be first and foremost a Dallas Cowboy fan.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
tnbk;1908896 said:
Sorry guys.....didn't mean to state my opinion to open myself up to all of these personal attacks.

To those of you who have attacked me personally that's unfortunate. Maybe it is you trying to make yourselves feel better by tearing someone else down.

To those that are still offended I am sorry....but maybe my love for this team has clouded my thinking and made me not as objective as I thought I was.

Regardless..I have and also will be first and foremost a Dallas Cowboy fan.

kinda funny you sit here and say it's unfortunate people attacked you personally while you run around saying garrett has no integrity. is that not also a personal attack? or is it ok for people we don't know and who can't hear us to attack them in a manner we'd not like coming to ourselves?

tnbk

Reaction score
iceberg;1908908 said:
kinda funny you sit here and say it's unfortunate people attacked you personally while you run around saying garrett has no integrity. is that not also a personal attack? or is it ok for people we don't know and who can't hear us to attack them in a manner we'd not like coming to ourselves?

Again...sorry....I stated I was not being objective.

:starspin

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
tnbk;1908918 said:
Again...sorry....I stated I was not being objective.

:starspin

it's an emotional time man - i think many of us are coming in from the ledge these days. : )