PFT implies Watson punishment should be no more than Jerry, Kraft or Sydner

Flamma

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would disagree with one thing.. they are treated the way all should be treated. But, unfortunately, poor people dont always have access to good attorneys, thus they get to take plea bargains that often screw them over. Our justice system is not designed to take cases to trial. The vast majority of people in the system are low income(hmmm, I wonder why) and that system wants quick and easy plea bargains. When someone actually has proper representation, all of the sudden the states claims are on shaky ground and often cases are dismissed, which is the way it is supposed to be, not the other way around. It was supposed to be difficult to take someone's freedom from them.
Another factor from wealthy citizens or celebrities in comparison to poor citizens is usually the authorities and even the public need more evidence to believe they would be willing to lose everything over illegal activity whereas the poor don’t have much to lose with more motive of risky behavior . And often have prior mischief or criminal history.

I agree. The system does work better for citizens with more means but there’s a public perception which is attached with celebrities. A DA or prosecutor has to weigh in can they find 12 jurors which would convict .

It’s tough. And why few are taken to trial. There’s usually enough overwhelming evidence to plea a deal or if not drop the case and it ends up in Civil Court.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Operative word there is "her" ruling. Got to figure a woman will go a little rougher on Watson's action than most men so the league stays above the fray.

The one thing that has stuck out to me all through this is Watson's stating he's innocent and not many buy that with 66 different masseuses and 26 filing suit. I am thinking some of them just thought that was all in a day's work.

The guy in me wants pics of all of them with the ones filing suit marked so I can figure out if it's a certain kind of woman that gets him squirmy. Maybe the ones he didn't come onto were the more butch ones?

I tell you one thing the ole "get your hands on me" rascal is going to find. There are a hell of a lot more butch ones in Cleveland than Houston. Quite of few can shame that goatee of his with their own. But if they sue him, it will be for a new bowling ball and shoes.
And I think the fact he hadn’t shown any remorse while already settling in court on 20 of these lawsuits. It was similar issue with Elliott. He didn’t show any remorse and continued questionable conduct. Just asking for a more serious decision.

The fact 4 of these final Lawsuits are threatening to go to trial could be the X Factor. If the league goes soft and more damaging evidence comes out in these trials , it could be like the Rice situation after video came out.

And why the indefinite suspension could be looming pending the outcome of remaining cases.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
I always laugh at that word, "Privilege." Sports are a job, not a privilege. Is working at 7-eleven a privilege? no, why not? Is working for the pool company a privilege? no? ahh.... it is only because of the money involved that we say that.
Its only a privilege if you have the skills. It would be a privilege for someone like me that isnt qualified to play in the nfl... not players that are top 10 in the world at something. But, i know using that phrase is good to use when looking for ways to punish guys.

I would say athletes are the definition of privileged. For most of them (talking 99.9%), it's God given talent. The stands are full of people who could work out like monsters and never sniff the field. Yes, being an athlete in this society at the highest level of sport is most definitely a privilege. It sure isn't a right.

Flamma

Reaction score
And I think the fact he hadn’t shown any remorse while already settling in court on 20 of these lawsuits.

It was similar issue with Elliotf. He didn’t show any remorse and continued questionable conduct. Just asking for a more serious decision.

The fact 4 of these final Lawsuits are threatening to go to trial could be the X Factor. If the league goes soft and more damaging evidence comes out in these trials , it could be like the Rice situation after video came out.

And why the indefinite suspension could be looming pending the outcome of remaining cases.

Excellent point. This would cover the NFL in case of anything new. If nothing else arises, he can appeal for reinstatement after a year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I think the fact he hadn’t shown any remorse while already settling in court on 20 of these lawsuits.

It was similar issue with Elliotf. He didn’t show any remorse and continued questionable conduct. Just asking for a more serious decision.

The indefinite suspension has only been used for multiple offenses like Josh Gordon and Gregory.

I don't think the NFLPA would sit still for that. They may not for a full season suspension. They've been really quiet while all of this has been unfolding.

One group that has not been quiet within the league offices, those owners. Every one of these guys has been hearing about this from women they know and within their organization.

Watson has that serial offender thing all over him and just how did he think he was going to clear his name with 24-26 accusations against him? He's the closest thing to a Harvey Weinstein the NFL has. He shows no sign of owning his behavior and seeking counseling.

Flamma

Reaction score
First he has to own his behavior and prove he is working on that. Maybe he could find a masseuse that doubles as a therapist?

He's not going to do that. Never admit to wrongdoing when the courts or any legal issues are still pending. Otherwise he might have been indicted.

Have you ever been in a situation when a cop asks you if you have anything you shouldn't have in your car? I make them find it!

Everything needs to be over and done with, then maybe he can come clean if he chooses to do so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The indefinite suspension has only been used for multiple offenses like Josh Gordon and Gregory.

I don't think the NFLPA would sit still for that. They may not for a full season suspension. They've been really quiet while all of this has been unfolding.

One group that has not been quiet within the league offices, those owners. Every one of these guys has been hearing about this from women they know and within their organization.

Watson has that serial offender thing all over him and just how did he think he was going to clear his name with 24-26 accusations against him? He's the closest thing to a Harvey Weinstein the NFL has. He shows no sign of owning his behavior and seeking counseling.
Yep and why a historic ruling could be coming.

Once all of these cases are settled and nothing more damaging comes out I could see him being reinstated.

When that is the bigger question. But it won’t be a lifetime ban. Probably next year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's not going to do that. Never admit to wrongdoing when the courts or any legal issues are still pending. Otherwise he might have been indicted.

Have you ever been in a situation when a cop asks you if you have anything you shouldn't have in your car? I make them find it!

Everything needs to be over and done with, then maybe he can come clean if he chooses to do so.
Right

The fact several cases are still pending is most likely driving the suspension length. League can’t take a chance one of these goes to trial and damaging evidence comes out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And I think the fact he hadn’t shown any remorse while already settling in court on 20 of these lawsuits. It was similar issue with Elliott. He didn’t show any remorse and continued questionable conduct. Just asking for a more serious decision.

Settling lawsuits often has nothing to do with admitting guilt or innocence. Often it simply a business decision whether you did or not or whether you can win it or not.

What is Watson going to show remorse for? Trying to get a happy ending? LOL

Absolutely nothing at all compered to smacking around a women.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Settling lawsuits often has nothing to do with admitting guilt or innocence. Often it simply a business decision whether you did or not or whether you can win it or not.

What is Watson going to show remorse for? Trying to get a happy ending? LOL

Absolutely nothing at all compered to smacking around a women.
He could begin showing remorse for this entire unfortunate situation without admitting any guilt. And reinsure that he won’t be attending these massage parlors any longer. That would be a start.

Also , while not continuing to place himself in these vulnerable situations he could be giving back to the community of his time and money in different organizations and charities.

A show of good will could go along way that he’s not only curbing his behavior but becoming an asset to community. If I was his lawyer I’d advise hiring a PR firm to help project a more contributing caring citizen.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He could begin showing remorse for this entire unfortunate situation without admitting any guilt. And reinsure that he won’t be attending these massage parlors any longer. That would be a start.

Also , while not continuing to place himself in these vulnerable situations he could be giving back to the community of his time and money in different organizations and charities.

A show of good will could go along way that he’s not only curbing his behavior but becoming an asset to community. If I was his lawyer I’d advise hiring a PR firm to help project a more contributing caring citizen.
He could just open his own private massage parlor

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah, that explains it. But like the article said, if the league can appeal, what's the point of the independent arbitrator?

The one thing the league can't do, and you probably know this already, is appeal a decision of no punishment. That ends with the arbitrator.
I would be SHOCKED if that happened.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

I love it when the cops says, "Do you know how fast you were going?" Why I sure do officer... uhm whats the speed limit? uhm yea, thats how fast I was going.

I never understand why people want to see "Remorse," from someone. Who gives a damn if they are sorry or not. If someone kills my wife or one of my daughters, there remorse wouldnt mean a damn thing to me.

Same with the ridiculous "Hate Crime," laws on the books. We make crap up out of nowhere to get punishments we want. So if Im at a movie and someone jumps me, beats the hell out of me and puts me in the hospital they get, say 5 years.

Same exact scenario and a black man gets jumped by an ignorant white supremist. Black man takes the exact same beating and his attacker gets 10 years? total crap. The crime is the crime. The reason why the crime was committed was never a factor.

Ill give you another.... victim impact statements. Another crap law, or should I say, procedure.