PFT implies Watson punishment should be no more than Jerry, Kraft or Sydner

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If she's looking at 5 cases and limited to those 5 cases, I don't see how she comes up with anything less than 15 games. Anything less would not be following precedent.

What has been reported is Watson used no threats, no violence and no coercion. So.... the question is, why would he get 3 games per ACCUSATION?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The reason I assume judges run sentences concurrently is because the combined time is so high that it doesn't fit the crime. I highly doubt she gives out 3 weeks. But she may think 5 X 3 is too much. Then rule somewhere in between. We really don't know what she is taking into consideration.

I also wonder how knowing that if in her mind, Watson only deserves a 3-6 game suspension, but she also knows Goodell could then extend it to the indefinite they are already asking for, if she gives out none knowing they cant appeal that. They could make a damn movie off this story.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If she runs them concurrently, that would be like saying 4 of the women don't matter or aren't credible which would be insane given the fact Watson already paid them off...... I see her coming close to that full season number.
you do understand that him settling those cases have ZERO impact on what she does? You assume that the judge will say, well, he settled, so he is admitting that he did something wrong. In her mind. or at least the way it is supposed to be, ANYTHING that was not presented to her from the NFL in regards to what actually happened does not exist.

The point I just pointed out is what every struggles with. Its the reason jurors are sequestered during very high profile cases.

Flamma

Reaction score
I also wonder how knowing that if in her mind, Watson only deserves a 3-6 game suspension, but she also knows Goodell could then extend it to the indefinite they are already asking for, if she gives out none knowing they cant appeal that. They could make a damn movie off this story.

I thought of that. I don't think she'll do it until the league shows a history of overruling her. I think the no punishment is to prevent a player in Zeke's situation. Given the lack of evidence, she could have easily ruled none in his case.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I thought of that. I don't think she'll do it until the league shows a history of overruling her. I think the no punishment is to prevent a player in Zeke's situation. Given the lack of evidence, she could have easily ruled none in his case.
and is there ANY concrete evidence in the Watson case?

Flamma

Reaction score
and is there ANY concrete evidence in the Watson case?

It's a he said she said at its base. I guess that's where the 5 women come in. Sort of like getting picked out of a lineup. If 5 people pick the same person.......

She's going to have to make a determination based on what she is presented.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's a he said she said at its base. I guess that's where the 5 women come in. Sort of like getting picked out of a lineup. If 5 people pick the same person.......

She's going to have to make a determination based on what she is presented.
if 5 woman all say the same man tried to sweet talk then into having sex with him.......... uhm.... again, he may be a pig, but what exactly has he done besides try to get woman to have sex with him???

Flamma

Reaction score
if 5 woman all say the same man tried to sweet talk then into having sex with him.......... uhm.... again, he may be a pig, but what exactly has he done besides try to get woman to have sex with him???

LOL, I really don't want to read those statements again. Or even write them down. But there is a difference between sexual misconduct and trying to get a girl to have sex. Misconduct is also a very broad term.

I don't think sweet talking is what the girls were complaining about. But if that's all that was done, then yeah, he wouldn't get anything.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
LOL, I really don't want to read those statements again. Or even write them down. But there is a difference between sexual misconduct and trying to get a girl to have sex. Misconduct is also a very broad term.

I don't think sweet talking is what the girls were complaining about. But if that's all that was done, then yeah, he wouldn't get anything.

I get that, but is there anything besides a he said she said? Big payouts make people lie a little.

Flamma

Reaction score
I get that, but is there anything besides a he said she said? Big payouts make people lie a little.

Well, this is why he isn't being charged criminally. The arbitrator doesn't have to find beyond a reasonable doubt. Just that his actions made the league look bad just based off what the 5 women said. These judges aren't easily fooled.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you do understand that him settling those cases have ZERO impact on what she does? You assume that the judge will say, well, he settled, so he is admitting that he did something wrong. In her mind. or at least the way it is supposed to be, ANYTHING that was not presented to her from the NFL in regards to what actually happened does not exist.

The point I just pointed out is what every struggles with. Its the reason jurors are sequestered during very high profile cases.

I assume their is some substance to the cases or he wouldn't have paid them off. I also assume that the NFL forwarded the 5 cases with the most damming evidence.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has been reported is Watson used no threats, no violence and no coercion. So.... the question is, why would he get 3 games per ACCUSATION?

Same could be said of a flasher. Next time you have a massage, spread your butthole when the masseuse walks in and see what happens.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I assume their is some substance to the cases or he wouldn't have paid them off. I also assume that the NFL forwarded the 5 cases with the most damming evidence.
again, your assumption on the 1st part is irrelevant to his situation in the NFL. I assume your 2nd assumption is correct.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
24 people?

I served in the Marines from 1988-1992. IM just curious if you have heard an ad running on the radio anytime recently in regards to if you lived in Camp Lejeune between the years of 1955-1987, well if you did, you may be eligible for a big fat payout (my words) from a case of the base having bad water and on and on.

Lawyers are looking to add more people to the docket to make the payout go up.

Same lawyer for all 24 woman????? hmmmmmmm strange how that happened.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Same could be said of a flasher. Next time you have a massage, spread your butthole when the masseuse walks in and see what happens.
that is what Watson did? You make up extremes that are clearly a problem, but does it apply here? Certainly not in the black and white terms your bring up.

Flamma

Reaction score

That's what I read the league is doing.

24 people?

Sue Robinson will have to determine if what she's looking at is credible. But she's not going to make any assumptions on the 20 women that were paid off. It's just the 5 that she'll be looking at. "What about the other 20 women" is just something bystanders like us talk about.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is what Watson did? You make up extremes that are clearly a problem, but does it apply here? Certainly not in the black and white terms your bring up.

The only thing black and white here is that Watson did something to 24 women that caused them to file a lawsuit against him. This many women pointing the finger at one guy has no precedent in the NFL...........