PFT implies Watson punishment should be no more than Jerry, Kraft or Sydner

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I agree completely. I don't think the NFL stands to lose anything if they don't suspend Watson, so why suspend him? It must be for some reason.

The NFL does not like controversy. Ray Rice wasnt suspended for very long, then that video came out and his career was done. The NFL does what they feel they need to do to keep protestors and the media happy. Its that simple IMO.

Otis313

Reaction score
you are clueless. By the way, my life is FANTASTIC. Your inferences are that of a 3rd grader.
I’m much more in touch with reality than you will ever be.
Fantastic life? You must surround yourself with more cockroaches like yourself and are too dense to know any better.
It pretty obvious that your not the sharpest tool in the shed so I’ll end this worthless conversation. Later

Creeper

Reaction score
IF the owners did something personally then the league should punish them. Having said that, this is a distraction created by Watson's lawyers. The matter at hand is Watson's behavior and how to punish him if he is believed to be guilty. The what-aboutism tells me he feels no remorse and that he is just looking to get this over with with as little punishment for himself as possible. If I were Goodell I would add 5 games to Watson's suspension every time he deflects from his own behavior.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
im with you, but I will admit I havent heard/read the details of what has been reported. But, I dont have a problem for him trying to get some fun from a woman. Any woman that flew across the country and thought she was only being asked for a massage is either the most naïve woman on the planet or lying.

Exactly. A women scorned trying to get some money.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I dont see how Watson did anything wrong to be honest. Trying for a happy ending or trying to have sex with your massage therapist happens. I doubt he forced any of them to do anything.
Smells like a money grab, but we get blasted for saying such things these days.

CWR

Reaction score
What punishment should the owners get? Suspend them a few weeks? They're really not the face of the franchise. They are more known, but I couldn't even tell you who all of the other owners are.

Out of curiosity, what does anyone think would happen if Watson got almost no punishment? Will the NFL collapse? I'll be honest, he's not on the Cowboys so I couldn't care less. I'm not going to stop watching.

In my opinion this is a Cleveland thing. Those fans most likely have already come to their own conclusions and opinions of Watson. The length of the suspension isn't changing anything.

Oh yeah, Brown fans are already deep into explaining how innocent their QB1 is.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Exactly. A women scorned trying to get some money.
But if only 1 can prove that he committed an act of violence, abuse, to any of these women/men in court, than he deserves the penalty for the position he has put himself in.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
27 money grabs seems like a lot of smoke for no fire.
Not dismissing the allegations at all, just saying these days its so dry all it takes is a random cigarette butt out the window to start a forest fire.
There is smoke, without a doubt,, that goes without even mentioning.

Reactions: CWR

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ha, I've been reading random NFL post on social media. Most of them are memes making fun of the Browns decision making process involving Watson.
I need to start looking into it more, I seem to remember reading that the Browns only have 1 mill guaranteed 1st year, or something to that effect.

CWR

Reaction score
I need to start looking into it more, I seem to remember reading that the Browns only have 1 mill guaranteed 1st year, or something to that effect.

Yeah I don't know more than what I remember from the memes. One of them said if the Browns cut Watson now they will only lose 207 million in cap space. Lol

CWR

Reaction score
Not dismissing the allegations at all, just saying these days its so dry all it takes is a random cigarette butt out the window to start a forest fire.
There is smoke, without a doubt,, that goes without even mentioning.

Yeah I feel ya. These athletes need to be particularly careful now. Not commenting on his case, but typically these accusations run a course of guilty until proven innocent.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ha, I've been reading random NFL post on social media. Most of them are memes making fun of the Browns decision making process involving Watson.
One of my best friends of over 45 years is your typical Browns hardcore Dog Pounders, and he is very sensitive about this subject, so much that I wont bring it up anymore / for the time being, because I never know if he is going to get extremely angry, or start sobbing.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah I feel ya. These athletes need to be particularly careful now. Not commenting on his case, but typically these accusations run a course of guilty until proven innocent.
Very true, it just not a good thing if your highly recognizable, money falling out of your pockets, and putting yourself in any possibly negative situation, environment.
Its like throwing a freshly baited hook with your choice of meat into the amazon river.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know more than what I remember from the memes. One of them said if the Browns cut Watson now they will only lose 207 million in cap space. Lol
:lmao2:
Now that would be a blunder of epic proportions, could force a sale of the franchise from league wide embarrassment.

Reactions: CWR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If they suspended Zeke for six games for one allegation involving his girlfriend Watson is looking at the very least one full season. I would’ve never traded away three number one picks for a QB who has a 1-3 playoff record and has already missed one full season and could possibly miss another full season or more. He might not be the same player once he returns. All this time off is stunting his development as a QB. This trade is already looking like it could blow up in the Browns face. They have the team they need at the moment to win but they need a QB. By the time Watson returns to action who knows what kind of team the Browns will have. The last time Watson played a season he went 4-12 so he’s going to need a good team around him to be successful.