Video: PFT: Is Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach the best Cowboys QB ever?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Romo couldn't even get to a conference championship game so it's beyond me that he is even in the discussion. Heck at least White made it several times.

cristglo

Reaction score
Best
Staubach
Aikman
Romo
Merdith
White

Worst
Hogeboom- a legend in his mind
Quincy- he should have been made to wear a sign
The Hutchinson and Leaf signing should have had Jerry committed!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can you please quit spelling Roger with a "d" in it, Captain America's name is Roger Staubach!!
Thank you for giving me a like to my response. Shows you have integrity and A Touch of Class. Good be safe my cowboy Brothers

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"Granny bring me some more hand lotion, they're talking about my Dak again"...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rog
Troy
Don
Danny

nobody else is worth mentioning.

I'd put Romo in there b/c he holds most of the franchise QB records, he ranks #5 all-time in QBR, and he had the handicap of Garret his entire career.

blueblood70

Reaction score
cant rank them its all personal opinion that swayed by championships and different eras with different rules and no cap.. we have been blessed to have a slew of great QBs

Roger, Meredith , White, Aikman, Romo , and well the story is not done with Dak yet so cant say..

My favorite and if you look at shear numbers at the postion along with the underdog role, for me Its Romo but no way I can fully say hes was better then the others, just my Favorite. He had the least to work with as coaches, and players around him and the cap to deal with so I just felt this UDFA was just great given all those factors..he didnt have 12 HOF players around him and a HOF coach etc with less rules all around like the past QBS..

bodi

Reaction score
Aikman - Staubach - Dandy Don - danny white

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Troy was a great QB . Roger was an NFL God capable of doing the impossible weekly with less talent around him and one of the best things to ever happen to the sports world

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Interesting how Craig Morton is to some a forgotten Cowboy.

He led the Cowboys to their 1st Super Bowl and was a tipped pass interception from winning it.

He was a terrific talent coming out of California as a 1st round pick in 1965. The same season we took Roger in 10th round knowing he was going to the Navy for 4 years.

Craig had a Cannon arm. He led the Cowboys to 3 straight division titles after Meredith retired culminating in our 1st SB appearance.

Morton went on to become the 1st QB to start for two different SB teams( Denver) and had the longest career of any Cowboys drafted QB( 18 years). He threw for over 27,000 yards. 32-14-1 record with Cowboys. We just had a guy named Roger sitting on the bench.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Roger and Troy...1a and 1b. Romo was great, but if he took some of the hits that Roger and Troy took, he wouldn't have lasted 5 years, his body would have been wrecked. Conversely, if Troy or Roger played in Romo's era you would have seen them light up the scoreboard and rewrite record books. If Aikman played today, where you can barely touch a QB, he'd be deadly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Interesting how Craig Morton is to some a forgotten Cowboy.

He led the Cowboys to their 1st Super Bowl and was a tipped pass interception from winning it.

He was a terrific talent coming out of California as a 1st round pick in 1965. The same season we took Roger in 10th round knowing he was going to the Navy for 4 years.

Craig had a Cannon arm. He led the Cowboys to 3 straight division titles after Meredith retired culminating in our 1st SB appearance.

Morton went on to become the 1st QB to start for two different SB teams( Denver) and had the longest career of any Cowboys drafted QB( 18 years). He threw for over 27,000 yards. 32-14-1 record with Cowboys. We just had a guy named Roger sitting on the bench.
Fans back then were either "Morton guys" or "Staubach guys" but not both. The Morton guys converted to Staubach guys after Morton left. That fate was sealed when Staubach's Cowboys beat Morton's Broncos in SB XII.