News: PFT: Jerry Jones blames playoff loss on footwear

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I was watching them slip a lot during the game and was wondering why. Maybe Jerry made some deal that forced the Cowboys to wear particular ones.. Gotta increase that income! I can't think of any other reason. The Rams didn't seem to be slipping much in comparison.
Don't you hate being the Bengals?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
11r6fe.jpg

Really? The shoes Jerry? Come on mate! You don't think we're that daft, do you? Surely our players and coaches knew going into it what the field conditions are. I mean, don't we have players that WENT to USC who PLAY at that stadium? Surely, they know what those conditions are like during different conditions. This is absolutely STUPID.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I guess the footwear coach is going to be fired now. They have a footwear coach, don't they? I mean "wear the right gear for the conditions at hand" isn't mere common sense and takes a genius to figure out, right?
LoL,,, I recall back in High School on the track team, having to change out the length of spikes on my "track shoes" depending on what kinda' track(cinder or asphalt) the opponent school had,,,er,,, it took a spanner wrench:lmao:

* I could further share stories about ,like how I almost beat the only/ lone black dude in the county that one time in a track meet, :lmao: come to find out a few years later on , he rembered me about that while we were talking at a party one night,,,come to find out,we'd both had "Dated" the same blonde gal at one time:lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do have to say, I commented in the first quarter that we never seem to wear the right cleats on slippery fields, but that's on the coaches and players, and certainly not a good excuse, when as mentioned, they can change the cleats whenever they want.
Yeah, I was watching them slip a lot during the game and was wondering why. Maybe Jerry made some deal that forced the Cowboys to wear particular ones.. Gotta increase that income! I can't think of any other reason. The Rams didn't seem to be slipping much in comparison.

I remember when they went to SF for the NFCCG for the 92 season. They took a lot of extra cleat lengths, and were changing them as needed for the field condition, and as it changed throughout the course of the game.

Should not have Jerry known this, as well as the rest of the staff and players.

Pretty lame of the team, and lame of Jerry to use this as an excuse.

The off season getting to be more of a joke each day. But not just that, they can rebound from these comments that have been made so far about several things.
However, it surely doesn't instill confidence that anything overall will change as to the direction of Jerry and his mind set.

TonyS

Reaction score
The problem wasn't the shoes, it was that we were on skates the whole game. Watch some of those Ram's runs. They were just guiding us around like we were their dates on a skating rink. Pitiful Jerry.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good to see advanced analytics in practice... it would have never occurred to me that shoes were an issue (sarcasm) :lmao:

Sydla

Reaction score
He’s getting crazier as he gets older.

Also note, he kind of admits we might have gotten out schemed and our game planned as well but he can never bring himself to criticizing his coaching staff.

But the shoes? They gonna get it!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Fair enough. Take the equipment manager to the woodshed.

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry Jones blames playoff loss on footwear

gettyimages-1081681598-e1547636196509.jpg

The owner who has a very specific affinity (some call it a fetish) for shoes has no love for the footwear his players wore on Saturday night. "I've had the benefit of the tape, looking at the tape,...

Read Full Story
It is hard to believe but Jerry how low can you go, You see it's not Jerry's fault again or Jason's it was the poor field. The Dallas Cowboys don't have the $$ to buy cleats now, Does Jerry know was a horses arse he sounds like. Back in single face bar days, in High school cleats were changed in bad weather during a game, I guess the players didn't notice these conditions pregame it was only after the game that Jerry noticed after he watched the film. Can someone please duct tape his mouth closed. I guess Tom Landry 2 (JG) doesn't know about cleats.

nobody

Reaction score
It is hard to believe but Jerry how low can you go, You see it's not Jerry's fault again or Jason's it was the poor field. The Dallas Cowboys don't have the $$ to buy cleats now, Does Jerry know was a horses arse he sounds like. Back in single face bar days, in High school cleats were changed in bad weather during a game, I guess the players didn't notice these conditions pregame it was only after the game that Jerry noticed after he watched the film. Can someone please duct tape his mouth closed. I guess Tom Landry 2 (JG) doesn't know about cleats.

"There were some things the cleats did well, and some things the cleats didn't do so well. We've went back and reviewed the tape and decided that the plan to use the cleats that we did was perfection. If the cleats had only worked harder to provide secure footing better, the Cowboys would have won. Now we'll make sure the cleats go over the tape and plan to play better for next time."

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of you may not understand Jerry. The footwear did not allow our players to get into position to make plays. I am in total agreement. I did not see one play of the game due to a family emergency, but the defensive and offensive lines could have used cleats that activate heart, strength, speed, and sense of urgency. My summation was founded on video clips, media, and fan assessments. Stupid A. Smith, Skinnon Sharpe, Colin Whataturd, or Max Dullerman had no bearing on my statement.

risco

Reaction score
Jerry Jones blames playoff loss on footwear

gettyimages-1081681598-e1547636196509.jpg

The owner who has a very specific affinity (some call it a fetish) for shoes has no love for the footwear his players wore on Saturday night. "I've had the benefit of the tape, looking at the tape,...

Read Full Story
He's correct; we were on skates all night!

wecasa

Reaction score
Hey Jerry, add this to your shoe excuse, mention only playing on grass 2 times this season. Carolina and Washington. Both before the bye. Maybe you can get Roger on the phone and require all teams to install field turf to level the playing field.

IDIOT