News: PFT: Jerry Jones heads to court again soon -- as the plaintiff

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Could they possibly be trying to negotiate a settlement before the trial? I'm sure Jerry would like to get that dna test cancelled in the paternity suit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the article:

Attorney Chip Babcock said:
It’s a case where the judge has given it very, very thorough and careful attention and we’re looking forward to trying the case not as much for the money, although there’s significant money involved, but rather to uphold the fact that when you make a deal and one side lives up to the deal as Mr. Jones did, the other side should too. Our view is that they didn’t live up to it and we did.
Kinda funny how Jerry Jones' counsel minimized and emphasized money as a factor in the case, all in the same breath.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Florio is an idiot. The last part of the article did not need to be written that way.
Though some on here will love it.
I don't get what the big deal is. It's the truth. If he agreed to give money for her care because she's his kid and now seeks to take it all back because they wouldn't be quiet then it's proof he didn't care about the kid's well-being but the publicity of being the male slag everyone knows he is. Why wouldn't having a court vindicate you be enough versus now also trying to impoverish the kid you stepped out on your wife to create?

And I've said it to you before but you care way, way too much about what someone else might say.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Isnt Florio the one who said he saw the Dez "tape" and that he would apologize if nothing happened?

Dez still waiting for that apology.
Who's to say he didn't actually see a tape and Jones "made it go away?" Honestly, it would be kinda random to create that out of thin air if that's what you're accusing him of doing, especially considering Dez' incident with his mom years ago.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Florio is an idiot. The last part of the article did not need to be written that way.
Though some on here will love it.
It's definitely not impartial journalism but Jerry basically tried to pay his way out of being a father. That is reprehensible and he deserves every bit of lambasting and negative press he gets. Sure, we don't know the results of the paternity test but why else would he have entered into an agreement if he wasn't the father?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Who's to say he didn't actually see a tape and Jones "made it go away?" Honestly, it would be kinda random to create that out of thin air if that's what you're accusing him of doing, especially considering Dez' incident with his mom years ago.
there is a reason PFT is called the Daily Turd
and he never said anything more after Dez denied it and no tape or anything ever appeared
your claiming Dez made it go away sounds to me like that is what you wanted to happen so therefore it did

phildadon86

Reaction score
It literally happened on twitter. I remember following it closely.

Personally I dont think there was ever a tape and it was dirty tactics by this FO to lower Dez's asking price.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
there is a reason PFT is called the Daily Turd
and he never said anything more after Dez denied it and no tape or anything ever appeared
your claiming Dez made it go away sounds to me like that is what you wanted to happen so therefore it did
Jones, as in Jerry Jones. You're Mister Conspiracy and can't get on board with something like this? Pick and choose like all the rest I guess.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It literally happened on twitter. I remember following it closely.

Personally I dont think there was ever a tape and it was dirty tactics by this FO to lower Dez's asking price.
But it's notable that Dez himself doesn't feel that way and still loves Jones and the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get what the big deal is. It's the truth. If he agreed to give money for her care because she's his kid and now seeks to take it all back because they wouldn't be quiet then it's proof he didn't care about the kid's well-being but the publicity of being the male slag everyone knows he is. Why wouldn't having a court vindicate you be enough versus now also trying to impoverish the kid you stepped out on your wife to create?

And I've said it to you before but you care way, way too much about what someone else might say.
I don't care what they say. Why do you care what I think they think.
I just told the truth about it. And you don't like it.

I think Jerry just wants it on record they violated the agreement. IMO.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Where is the negative press? I agree with you about it being reprehensible, but the media has largely ignored this story.
I was thinking the same thing the more I looked into this story. It's been relatively swept under the rug in the media. I was referencing the comment Florio made at the end of the linked article but I agree, there should be a lot more comments like that than there are. Probably people not wanting to lose their insider access to the Cowboys pulling their punches for Jerry.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't care what they say. Why do you care what I think they think.
I just told the truth about it. And you don't like it.

I think Jerry just wants it on record they violated the agreement. IMO.
When you mention it repeatedly, you care.

But as for Jerry, he wants it on record that they violated the agreement and also yank back the money he gave "for her care?" Is that not petty as a billionaire?