News: PFT: Jerry Jones: I “dropped the ball” in not getting Tony Romo, Jason Witten a title

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Jerry, you dropped the ball for the millions of fans who tirelessly watch, spend their money on products advertised during the events featuring your team, tickets, seat bonds, parking, over priced food and beer, buying jersey's, caps, sweatshirts, bumper stickers, and any number of sundry things associated with this team. Because if you did your diligence, we who support you, by giving you the funds to have the number one sports franchise in football and maybe the world should have had several Super Bowl trophies since Jimmy left and you decided to show the world that any one of 500 GM's can screw up a heralded franchise that was steeped in esteem and honor from the past heroes of this franchise.

Instead you allowed your ego to take charge and the people who have spent the most are still here waiting.

Tony and Jason would have had the titles they deserve if you serviced this franchise and made certain the ones who pay the freight got what they deserved.

So while you start this self effacing jaunt to show the world your compassion for those guys who suited up and came to play everyday. From one of the fans you seem to neglect and overlook as the integral part of your success, I say...Blow It Out Your Barrack Bag Sweetheart!

Sell that crap somewhere else.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
A picture recently making the rounds on social media shows Jason Witten, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray sitting in the locker room after a victory over the Colts on December 21, 2014. The players are all smiles, having clinched the NFC East. It seems like only yesterday that Witten, Romo, Bryant and Murray [more]

Continue reading...
yup, had he given Romo this line and a Zeke like player, 3 years earlier, Romo has a ring. WE won with a bus driver. Imagine a guy who can read the whole field, attack every part of the field, and win a game where his team runs less than 15 times.

DFWJC

Reaction score
A picture recently making the rounds on social media shows Jason Witten, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray sitting in the locker room after a victory over the Colts on December 21, 2014. The players are all smiles, having clinched the NFC East. It seems like only yesterday that Witten, Romo, Bryant and Murray [more]

Continue reading...
Ya think

erod

Reaction score
Jerry's dropped more balls the past 25 years than the Boy Scouts of America.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
th

CapnB

Reaction score
Jerry, YOU DROPPED THE SOAP. Wade Philips was NOT a HC and never should have been. You wanted a puppet,and that's what you got!! The whole "aw schucks" crap didn't work. Just like Bum Philips...IT WONT WORK AT THE PRO LEVEL. So yes JJ..its on you. THAT SAID, its also on one Tony Romo big time. He's more to blame than you Jerry. Had he been more disciplined with his reads earlier in his career,he may have gotten a ring at some point. But he got too beat up to continue. In 2014 it wasn't Jerry's fault..it was Roger Goodell and the refs,PERIOD. So as much as I would like to rough JJ up and blame him on that,I JUST CAN'T. It would be untrue. Turn the page JJ,I HAVE..and I think most fans here have too.

Wow!

JBond

Reaction score
Jerry sounds as if IT just donned on him suddenly! lol...like MAYBE the light just came on.
Nope. He has already moved on. Pure salesmanship. He doesn't really give a **** until it upsets his bank account.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Tired of the excuses and all the coach speak Jerry. We've seen 22+ years of this BS and that tells me one thing. There's a person at the top who has no idea what he's doing. Hire a real GM and get the hell out of the way. Quit micro-managing everyone and let the people you pay so well do their jobs...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
And in 2035 Jerry will be saying that he dropped the ball in not doing enough to help Dak, Zeke, and Gallup win a superbowl, but still believes in Garrett and will give him another 5 year extension.

cern

Reaction score
he dropped the ball by hiring garrett who is still here. garrett reached terminal velocity a while back. but sticking with dak in 2016 and letting dez go this year despite jerry saying romo would not lose his job to injury and dez would be a cowboy in 2018 indicate Stephen's era is nearing. this bodes well for the cowboys. if garrett fails again this year, he will be gone.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Jerry, YOU DROPPED THE SOAP. Wade Philips was NOT a HC and never should have been. You wanted a puppet,and that's what you got!! The whole "aw schucks" crap didn't work. Just like Bum Philips...IT WONT WORK AT THE PRO LEVEL. So yes JJ..its on you. THAT SAID, its also on one Tony Romo big time. He's more to blame than you Jerry. Had he been more disciplined with his reads earlier in his career,he may have gotten a ring at some point. But he got too beat up to continue. In 2014 it wasn't Jerry's fault..it was Roger Goodell and the refs,PERIOD. So as much as I would like to rough JJ up and blame him on that,I JUST CAN'T. It would be untrue. Turn the page JJ,I HAVE..and I think most fans here have too.

Please correct me if Im wrong and I am sure several will. Parcells fiddle farted around Valley Ranch after the season was over mulling in his mind wither to retire or not. JJones waited on Parcells decision.He finally got Wade hired Feb 9th not because Wade was submissive but because there wasn't much coaching experience in the available pool. JJones already wanted Garrett but he know Garrett wasnt ready. When the team quit on Wade Jones promoted Garrett too early.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ummmmm.....no. If it was that easy, lots of tea we’d be winning SBs. Not saying Jerry did a great job, but aowner or gm can’t just say, I’ll win a SB, and make it happen.

Section446

Reaction score
Romo dropped the ball a few times on getting himself a title too. Get over it, it's time to move on.

cern

Reaction score
Please correct me if Im wrong and I am sure several will. Parcells fiddle farted around Valley Ranch after the season was over mulling in his mind wither to retire or not. JJones waited on Parcells decision.He finally got Wade hired Feb 9th not because Wade was submissive but because there wasn't much coaching experience in the available pool. JJones already wanted Garrett but he know Garrett wasnt ready. When the team quit on Wade Jones promoted Garrett too early.
at the time of the wade hiring, jerry still hired under the illusion that the head coach should also serve as a coordinator. parcells was both hc and oc. he hired wade to be both the hc and dc. just another in a like of examples of jerry outsmarting himself. then he hired garrett with the idea he would be hc and oc simultaneously. when that failed he brought in Callahan. followed by linehan. all in an effort from having to admit the mistake that was garrett.

waving monkey

Reaction score
all in an effort from having to admit the mistake that was garrett.
I do see the Garrett hire differently. I think he saw Garrett as the guy who would grow into his roll. Garrett was given a long rope to win.
The background of rebuilding the team both Jerry,Stephen and Garrett were shoulder to shoulder on. Its been too long but ....