News: PFT: Jerry Jones: I “dropped the ball” in not getting Tony Romo, Jason Witten a title

Sydla

Reaction score
I love how your circular thinking makes feel so smart. :rolleyes: Repeating your brilliance does not make it any more thought provoking. What do you not understand about the meaning of the word, "hindsight". They can say anything they want to after the fact but where is the tape of them saying this is what Dallas is going to do, before the game was played? There isn't any because they didn't know jack, Jack. The post game interviews were pure hindsight.

You say they didn't know "jack" but after the game they claimed they knew "jack". That's you saying they are basically lying. So when Micah Hyde said after the game, for that one particular play, that he and the outside CB knew the play was coming and he was able to jump a WR screen to make the interception, according to you, no, he didn't know that play was coming. Ergo, you are saying they are lying.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You just confirmed to me that you are accusing the Packers of lying. You are just not smart enough to realize it.

You say they didn't know "jack" but after the game they claimed they knew "jack". That's you saying they are lying.
No, that's you saying I said they lied. I called it hindsight.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, that's you saying I said they lied. I called it hindsight.

Here's your quote:

They can say anything they want to after the fact but where is the tape of them saying this is what Dallas is going to do, before the game was played? There isn't any because they didn't know jack, Jack

You are saying the Packers didn't know certain plays were coming. You've stated that clearly right above. So let's take the Micah Hyde play. After the game, when asked about the interception, he said they knew the play was coming based on formation and the Cowboys had run the same play from the same formation many times that year. So he jumped the WR screen route because he knew it was coming.

Now above, you've said they didn't know anything. In other words, when Hyde says they knew the play was coming, according to you, that would be false because they didn't know a play was coming. In other words, you are saying the Packers are making it up that they knew that Hyde play was coming.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Here's your quote:

You are saying the Packers didn't know certain plays were coming. You've stated that clearly right above. So let's take the Micah Hyde play. After the game, when asked about the interception, he said they knew the play was coming based on formation and the Cowboys had run the same play from the same formation many times that year. So he jumped the WR screen route because he knew it was coming.

Now above, you've said they didn't know anything. In other words, when Hyde says they knew the play was coming, according to you, that would be false because they didn't know a play was coming. In other words, you are saying the Packers are making it up that they knew that Hyde play was coming.
Hindsight is 20/20. Where is the pregame tape of them saying that stuff?

DiResta

Reaction score
So he jumped the WR screen route because he knew it was coming.
that was a ball breaker
it looked like the whole thing from the snap was in slow motion where you are yelling nooooooo

very similar to that back shoulder pass to Dez in the endzone that Romo was money with
seeing Dak do it you knew what was coming

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
What other conclusion is there when you say that the reason this team hasn't gone further in the playoffs is due to the fact the players didn't properly execute the plays called by the coaching staff?

What's really laughable is your attempt to minimize the argument against Garett to them missing the playoffs, as if that's a rarity under him. You are talking about a coach that has 7 full seasons under his belt and only two playoffs appearances and only one playoff win. But yeah, the irrational position is the one where the head coach (and GM) bears a heavy amount of responsibility for the multiple failures of that 7 year run.

And note, I never said the players bear no culpability. But in the end, this isn't some small sample here. We now have a pretty strong track record of the GM's failures (22 years) and the head coach's (7 years). And I am a firm believer that, yes, failures to execute game plans are also, at least partly, the responsibility of the coaching staff. It's why the Rams look inept under Fisher and in one year with a new staff they look like a different team. Competent coaching shows itself not only in the game plans and in game decisions made, but in how a team performs, executes, applies the fundamentals, etc.

What happens if they miss the playoffs again in 2018? Is there a point where we say, you know what, the coach isn't good enough (the GM isn't ever changing, unfortunately).

I guess my point is I put the blame all around,
What other conclusion is there when you say that the reason this team hasn't gone further in the playoffs is due to the fact the players didn't properly execute the plays called by the coaching staff?

What's really laughable is your attempt to minimize the argument against Garett to them missing the playoffs, as if that's a rarity under him. You are talking about a coach that has 7 full seasons under his belt and only two playoffs appearances and only one playoff win. But yeah, the irrational position is the one where the head coach (and GM) bears a heavy amount of responsibility for the multiple failures of that 7 year run.

And note, I never said the players bear no culpability. But in the end, this isn't some small sample here. We now have a pretty strong track record of the GM's failures (22 years) and the head coach's (7 years). And I am a firm believer that, yes, failures to execute game plans are also, at least partly, the responsibility of the coaching staff. It's why the Rams look inept under Fisher and in one year with a new staff they look like a different team. Competent coaching shows itself not only in the game plans and in game decisions made, but in how a team performs, executes, applies the fundamentals, etc.

What happens if they miss the playoffs again in 2018? Is there a point where we say, you know what, the coach isn't good enough (the GM isn't ever changing, unfortunately).

I will call your Jeff Fisher example and raise you a Sean Payton, he was the same coach, prior to last year he was on the hot seat, did he coach differently or did he just get better players.

The failure of this team falls on the head coach, GM and the players. This is a thread is about how Jerry feels bad about not delivering a ring to Romo and Witten, at what point does Romo and Witten also share that same blame, that is my point.

Sydla

Reaction score
I guess my point is I put the blame all around,

I will call your Jeff Fisher example and raise you a Sean Payton, he was the same coach, prior to last year he was on the hot seat, did he coach differently or did he just get better players.

The failure of this team falls on the head coach, GM and the players. This is a thread is about how Jerry feels bad about not delivering a ring to Romo and Witten, at what point does Romo and Witten also share that same blame, that is my point.

Sean Payton is a horrible example. His “lull” came after he won a SB and turned the Saints around.

Garrett hasn’t sniffed the success of Payton.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I dropped the ball... because I needed both arms to carry all this cash! Cawboys!
*Shoots six shooter into the sky*

Sydla

Reaction score
that was a ball breaker
it looked like the whole thing from the snap was in slow motion where you are yelling nooooooo

very similar to that back shoulder pass to Dez in the endzone that Romo was money with
seeing Dak do it you knew what was coming

Totally. I believe if we had scored there, it’s a different game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL.

It’s OK. You know you spun yourself into a hole here. It happens.
Are you seriously copping out with that lamb stuff? You ignore every question I ask while I answer yours. Your circular logic doesn't hold water no mater how many times you repeat it. You have lost the argument if this is all you have.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Sean Payton is a horrible example. His “lull” came after he won a SB and turned the Saints around.

Garrett hasn’t sniffed the success of Payton.

I was talking about LAST YEAR, what happen? His team got better because he got better players, it not rocket science.

Sydla

Reaction score
Are you seriously copping out with that lamb stuff? You ignore every question I ask while I answer yours. Your circular logic doesn't hold water no mater how many times you repeat it. You have lost the argument if this is all you have.

Copping out? LOL.

What question? The lame one where you want the Packers on video before the game saying they know some of the plays the Cowboys may run?

You got caught. You called the Packers liars. You might not be able to see that but that’s completely not surprising.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was talking about LAST YEAR, what happen? His team got better because he got better players, it not rocket science.

But Payton had already shown he was a top level coach. So it’s easier to accept the talent issue excuse for them.

Garrett has done no such thing. At this point, blaming the talent and lack of execution of the players for this team’s shortcomings is a real reach.

I’ve always said our issues are at every level - the GM, the coach, the personnel. The problem is our GM has more influence over the other two areas and our GM isn’t getting fired.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is not a revelation.

Jerry Jones failed what might be two Hall of Fame talents. And that is not even considering Ware.

What this amounts to is that as fans, you knew the guy was a drunk, you let him drink and if you said nothing and then he vomited on the carpet repeatedly for many years, no have no reason to scold him now.

This is like rubbing the dog's nose in a decade old turd.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'll believe Jerry is sorry when we have a GM that isn't in the Jones family.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Copping out? LOL.

What question? The lame one where you want the Packers on video before the game saying they know some of the plays the Cowboys may run?

You got caught. You called the Packers liars. You might not be able to see that but that’s completely not surprising.
You got caught buying Green Bay's BS hindsight. You don't see it but that's the reality of it. LOL. If they really knew so much then they could produce some video showing what they think they know before the game was played. You're copping out because you're losing this chit chat of ours. LOL.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Blame is on Jerry for not getting Romo & Witten rings. But screw the fans who have endured 22 years of your crap.