News: PFT: Jerry Jones is about to get a taste of NFL justice

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because you are not worth anything else and I caught you and you whine and cry. You could not admit that you were wrong and so you sit in the corner and hold your breath like any other spoiled little boy
OK, I was wrong and I am sorry. Can I come out of the corner and breathe now?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
JJ stands about as much as a snowballs chance in hell winning with that turd slurping jackass Goodell as arbitraitor....just remember the Zek's "fair" and "impartial" hearing......

I doubt Jones really cares what goodell says unless it's to rescind the court costs. Jones is going through the motions so he can then go to court and get this thrown out. goodell set the precedent by not levying the court costs on Kraft for Brady's legal costs so an actual judge will throw out the costs for Jones. goodell screwed himself by not doing it to Kraft and only doing it to Jones.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
It's not a matter of sticking up for him, as I don't like him, but I do realize the part he plays in this drama. Do you think he wants to make this seem like a personal vendetta against Booger? He got his orders from those 6 owners that Booger threatened to sue. They want him punished and it's not about the money, it's about then threat.

Who exactly are those 6 owners?

Bohuntr97

Reaction score

Technically it was 8, but I don't know how the votes went down. Its the NFL Finance committee that went with the recommendation:

The NFL's finance committee members are chairman Bob McNair of Houston, Arthur Blank of Atlanta, Joel Glazer of Tampa Bay, Clark Hunt of Kansas City, Jim Irsay of Indianapolis, Shahid Khan of Jacksonville, Robert Kraft of New England and Jeffrey Lurie of Philadelphia.

Pretty sure Mara was in their ears as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ones that were assigned the job of negotiating Goodell's extension and they were given the authority to finalize the deal on behalf of all of the owners. It was at that point Booger should have raised his concern, although internally, not after the Elliott ruling. He voted along with all the owners to empower those 6 owners, ATL, HOU, KC, NE, NYG and PIT.

Kraft, Mara and Rooney comprise the power base of the NFL, along with Booger, and none of those families like to be threatened. Now, consider the difference between Booger and Kraft in this. Booger reacts after the Elliott decision like a spoiled child and Kraft shows some anger as well but decides on what is best for the league, not just the Patriots. And he had been fined both money and draft picks and lost the best QB in the league for 4 games over something just as controversial as Elliott's for the lack of proof. Think he is going to take kindly to being threatened by the likes of Booger in the media.

If Goodell is out to get Booger and the Cowboys, as some have suggested here, what the hell has he been doing to the Patriots? The man was invited to attend their parties at Kraft's and has fined the HC, taken draft picks and suspended the face of the NFL, which is a hell of a lot more than he's done to the Cowboys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Technically it was 8, but I don't know how the votes went down. Its the NFL Finance committee that went with the recommendation:

The NFL's finance committee members are chairman Bob McNair of Houston, Arthur Blank of Atlanta, Joel Glazer of Tampa Bay, Clark Hunt of Kansas City, Jim Irsay of Indianapolis, Shahid Khan of Jacksonville, Robert Kraft of New England and Jeffrey Lurie of Philadelphia.

Pretty sure Mara was in their ears as well.
IND, TB, JAX and PHL were not part of it. Blank chaired the contract committee and add Mara and Rooney to the four. They were not only assigned the task but the entire ownership agreed to their decision on how to extend the contract. That's what set this off, Booger agreed just like the others and then crawfished on it. Would have been OK if he'd kept it all in the family but, as usual, he had to get the media involved just as he did during the last CBA when Goodell had to discipline him. And threatening to sue specific owners was a first. Even Crazy Al made it about the league.

The Finance Committee is an ongoing one, this committee was put together for one specific purpose.

TheDoctor

Reaction score
More fake news to cause a distraction from the real world, I'm so over this.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
IND, TB, JAX and PHL were not part of it. Blank chaired the contract committee and add Mara and Rooney to the four. They were not only assigned the task but the entire ownership agreed to their decision on how to extend the contract. That's what set this off, Booger agreed just like the others and then crawfished on it. Would have been OK if he'd kept it all in the family but, as usual, he had to get the media involved just as he did during the last CBA when Goodell had to discipline him. And threatening to sue specific owners was a first. Even Crazy Al made it about the league.

The Finance Committee is an ongoing one, this committee was put together for one specific purpose.

I understand that, but it was the Finance Committee that approved Roger's actions to go after Jones.

"The reimbursement action was generated by fellow owners, not Goodell, and has been approved by the league's finance committee"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ys-owner-jerry-jones-reimbursement-legal-fees

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand that, but it was the Finance Committee that approved Roger's actions to go after Jones.

"The reimbursement action was generated by fellow owners, not Goodell, and has been approved by the league's finance committee"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ys-owner-jerry-jones-reimbursement-legal-fees
OK, different committee. I did read where the action was at the behest of the owners and not on his own but didn't know which ones.

It is rather a tidy sum and I would like to know how they amassed 2M in attorney's fees or is there some penalty money in there?

I know I am in the very minute minority but I don't get the anti-Christ hate for Goodell. The man is just getting paid to be their henchman and hold the net execs' hands and evidently was doing it well enough to get an extension and a raise. 50M a year too much? Sure, but so is 28M for a QB and 18 for a WR so it is all relative. Goodell is basically the CEO of a 15B company and I have seen public comp packages a hell of a lot worse than that.

cern

Reaction score
OK, different committee. I did read where the action was at the behest of the owners and not on his own but didn't know which ones.

It is rather a tidy sum and I would like to know how they amassed 2M in attorney's fees or is there some penalty money in there?

I know I am in the very minute minority but I don't get the anti-Christ hate for Goodell. The man is just getting paid to be their henchman and hold the net execs' hands and evidently was doing it well enough to get an extension and a raise. 50M a year too much? Sure, but so is 28M for a QB and 18 for a WR so it is all relative. Goodell is basically the CEO of a 15B company and I have seen public comp packages a hell of a lot worse than that.
when they were first threatened with a suit, they probably got their attorneys in gear to research whether or not there was merit to jerry's bluff. after probably being advised there was not any validity to his threats, they got the ammo to fire back a letter to him telling him of severe consequences should he persist. jerry's attorneys probably advised him at that time it was a losing cause because he dropped it. now the others are getting even. whatever time the other owners attorneys spent researching the merits of jerry's bluff, they charged for it. and those guys ain't cheap.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We do not know how many or how many hours they logged once the threat was made but it may not have been just the league lawyers. The 6 owners might have put their lawyers on it as well.

But that really doesn't matter because Goodell has the authority to levy any fine he wants and let the appeal process deal with it.

and the appeal is to him, so according to you, he can basically demand you cut off your left nut for him

aria

Reaction score
I doubt Jones really cares what goodell says unless it's to rescind the court costs. Jones is going through the motions so he can then go to court and get this thrown out. goodell set the precedent by not levying the court costs on Kraft for Brady's legal costs so an actual judge will throw out the costs for Jones. goodell screwed himself by not doing it to Kraft and only doing it to Jones.
......aaaaaaand you were wrong. No offense but I always had a feeling you were putting way too much thought into this.

cern

Reaction score
no need to argue any longer. jerry has paid the 2 million. his meeting was sort of a face saving whereby he could wave a little white flag to the commish and the other owners rather than a large white one. the outcome was exactly as expected. he never had a prayer of winning and he knew it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
jerry knew it was time to fold 'em. his threatened suit had to be the worst bluff ever run.

Yep.................you are right, this had more to do with Jerry threatening to sue the compensation committee than actually supporting Zeke.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and the appeal is to him, so according to you, he can basically demand you cut off your left nut for him
Not according to me, according to the CBA. I don't think he would do something like that so that's not even a discussion but he can impose whatever discipline mandated by the rules of the CBA and bylaws of the NFL on any employee of the NFL and he is the first stop on the appeal process.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Not according to me, according to the CBA. I don't think he would do something like that so that's not even a discussion but he can impose whatever discipline mandated by the rules of the CBA and bylaws of the NFL on any employee of the NFL and he is the first stop on the appeal process.

How would the CBA apply to an owner? Jerry is not an NFL employee

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no need to argue any longer. jerry has paid the 2 million. his meeting was sort of a face saving whereby he could wave a little white flag to the commish and the other owners rather than a large white one. the outcome was exactly as expected. he never had a prayer of winning and he knew it.
Dayam and I was having such fun being the target of some posters still pissed off that their little angel caught 6 games.