News: PFT: Jerry Jones: It’s in Dak’s DNA not to turn the ball over

dcstar

Reaction score
Messer Jones' is a one man comedy show. I'd like to have whatever it is he smokes before going out to face the world everyday.

Go Cowboys!

Shinaoi

Reaction score
And here I am praying turn overs from him doing cost us the game. Jerry lives in another world sometimes.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I guess he mutated this season then, because it sure is currently in his DNA.

Anyone know if Dak has been getting CRISPR treatments lately? It might explains this.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Jerry's kids own the team now.

Jerry run football operations anymore.
I got this bridge in Brooklyn for sale...

You seem like a person who would appreciate such a classic structure to own...

Got such a deal for you....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...es-its-in-daks-dna-not-to-turn-the-ball-over/

Jerry Jones : It’s in Dak’s DNA not to turn the ball over​

Interceptions are in every quarterback's DNA, whether they are responsible for throwing them or a victim of circumstance. Jerry Jones' narcissistic impulse of always providing the media with soundbites strikes again. The one paragraph that gained my attention though was:
Those NFL-high 15 interceptions might suggest Jones is viewing Prescott through rose-colored glasses, but Cowboys fans can take comfort in knowing that last year Matthew Stafford led the NFL in interceptions during the regular season, but the Rams still won the Super Bowl.
This team is not last season's Los Angeles Rams but can it become THIS season's version? Both teams' finished 12-5 in the regular season. Neither were/are number one seeds. Both teams had begun/will begin their postseason run in the wild card round. Both teams faced/will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on the road.

The similarities do not stop there but it is up to Dallas to take care of its own business this postseason. DNA? Stafford's DNA had zero interceptions against the Arizona Cardinals and Bucs in the wildcard and divisional rounds. He took care of the ball. The team blew out the Cards but won by three points over Tampa.

NFC Conference championship? Stafford's DNA contributed an interception against the San Francisco 49ers. It didn't hurt the team's three-point win.

Super Bowl?

Stafford's DNA - 2 interceptions
Cincinnati Bengals - 3-point loss

Quarterbacks play the most important position on the field but it is not the only position and every player must perform his job at an optimal level for the team to win. Overhype the quarterback. Overcriticize the quarterback. It always boils down to the team's performance in the end.

And one thing is certain. This team cannot play another crapfest like the one everyone saw Sunday.. It's put up or shut up time from here-on-out. Every player and coach's DNA better be primed or its lights out. AGAIN.

I will not discuss the front office's DNA. Their DNA has been corrupted since before February 25, 1989.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry sounds like a desperate fool that is trying to convince himself that he didn't waste a lot of money.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can this get any dumber.
Jerry....you screwed up again because you won't hire a GM.
How many years will this cost this team?
This guy will hit the cap at 49mil next year, you going to rework a train wreck QB?
Wonderful.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly Jerry is selling some BS. He is always defending his decisions and players b/c they always come up short.

Someone inform Jerry that Dak lead the NFL in INTs in spite of missing 5 games.