News: PFT: Jerry Jones on if Cowboys wanted Dalton Kincaid: I’m not giving you draft board this year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My guess is yes but not enough to trade up. Stephen mentioned some heated debate while they were on the clock.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Everyone wanted Will Anderson. Everyone wanted Devon Witherspoon and Peter Skoronski and Tyree Wilson.

Only 3-4 teams got the best guy on their board. All this hand wringing about who you missed out on relates to everyone picking after the top 10. They picked Mazi because he was the next guy on their list after the others were taken, as is how it works

JJ1986

Reaction score
This was a great non-pick. We have been screaming that we need to draft a DT for years and we finally got a big ugly. Could he be as good as Russel Maryland? He reminds me a little of him. We had a potent DL before with Russell, Tony, Jim Jeffcoat…

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "who gives a %$%#" comment was awesome though. That's quintessential Jerry right there.
He said that after someone pointed out, "Just because you said it, doesn't make it so, right?" Who was that guy? That was awesome in my opinion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
...to which he snickered about Mazi Smith being graded in the 13-15 pick range shortly thereafter. The man's a living contradiction.
he was correct last year says Tyler was their #1 OL on their board no one believed them. So hes saying they, NOT the Outside scouts, had Mazi as higher ranked then he went.. so what?? he didn't say who else they wanted or didn't want or still want. Just said that how they had the pick they took ranked. maybe saty in your lane let the owner/GM, scouts, and coaches say or not say whatever they want about THEIR TEAM

Reactions: CWR

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he was correct last year says Tyler was their #1 OL on their board no one believed them. So hes saying they, NOT the Outside scouts, had Mazi as higher ranked then he went.. so what?? he didn't say who else they wanted or didn't want or still want. Just said that how they had the pick they took ranked. maybe saty in your lane let the owner/GM, scouts, and coaches say or not say whatever they want about THEIR TEAM
It is Jones' team. I will also say what I want to say about whatever they do. Please pass me more salt because I am a long way from being truly salty.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, whatever. Two years ago, Surtain and Horn got sniped ahead of Dallas, which was obviously a complete disaster for us. Adapt, adjust, trust your board and preparation, make a trade, and get Parsons, who might just have a future in this league.

kevm3

Reaction score
The fact that Jerry said he's not giving away the board this year shows that he's listening to somebody and is operating more like how a GM should

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
we lucked out. Buffalo took Kincaid and forced us to pivot. In doing so we ended up taking a position that has been ignored for far too long.

kevm3

Reaction score
Let’s give him credit…it only took 30+ years for him to learn that.
It's been decades of grueling punishment, but it slowly seems like the culture is changing. With McCarthy here, all the Jones boys coaching projects are out the door and we've finally spent a high pick on DT. It seems like the football guys are finally being listened to in the front office.