News: PFT: Jerry Jones on if Cowboys wanted Dalton Kincaid: I’m not giving you draft board this year

Offsides

Reaction score
I would taken Mayer and like him more than Kincaid anyway. Should traded with Raiders and take Mayer early 2nd.

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
I personally dont care if he wanted him or not if he did buffalo came in and saved him from a stupid pick. this is much better
The best player in the draft at his position is a stupid pick?

manster4ever

Reaction score
I personally dont care if he wanted him or not if he did buffalo came in and saved him from a stupid pick. this is much better
Yep, I'm not big on Smith but he's a better player and pick than Kincaid who also had a back injury and hasn't played that much football overall

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have to give Jerry credit for his smoke screen about TE's in the first working to perfection. And if for some reason Jerry was dumb and really did want Kincaid Im glad the Bills jumped ahead of us and him.

Taking a one dimensional TE in the first round over the stud defenders we had available would have been total stupidity.

starfan1

Reaction score
The best player in the draft at his position is a stupid pick?
I personally dont consider TE a need. at least not to the point of using a 1st or second for that matter
I would taken Mayer and like him more than Kincaid anyway. Should traded with Raiders and take Mayer early 2nd.
I can be talked into Tucker Kraft. Washington maybe but i just feel trenches are our biggest need. I think if your going playmaker Id be more inclined to go WR or RB than TE

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been decades of grueling punishment, but it slowly seems like the culture is changing. With McCarthy here, all the Jones boys coaching projects are out the door and we've finally spent a high pick on DT. It seems like the football guys are finally being listened to in the front office.
You can that thank Dan Quinn for the DT not some Jones epiphany. Dan had Grady Jarret and Dontari Poe in Atlanta. Mazy was his pick.

kevm3

Reaction score
You can that thank Dan Quinn for the DT not some Jones epiphany. Dan had Grady Jarret and Dontari Poe in Atlanta. Mazy was his pick.
And that's what's exciting to me. The FO is listening to the football guys instead of letting Jerry make the splash picks. We usually would have gone TE or RB

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that's what's exciting to me. The FO is listening to the football guys instead of letting Jerry make the splash picks. We usually would have gone TE or RB
They listened to Marinelli too which why we got saddled with the lighter , quick DTs. Rod didn't like 1-tech. 330 lb DTs. But, its pretty obvious that we need someone who can stop Hurts QB sneaks. Mazy should be blowing up some centers.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He doesn't want to show the draft board cause they have a first round grade on someone that's still available and don't want to give it away in case they can grab him tonight....

ghst187

Reaction score
Everyone wanted Will Anderson. Everyone wanted Devon Witherspoon and Peter Skoronski and Tyree Wilson.

Only 3-4 teams got the best guy on their board. All this hand wringing about who you missed out on relates to everyone picking after the top 10. They picked Mazi because he was the next guy on their list after the others were taken, as is how it works
Should’ve traded down…easily could’ve still gotten him.

Havic

Reaction score
I’m fine with a tight end in r3-4. I think oline and lb should take priority

conner01

Reaction score
I personally dont consider TE a need. at least not to the point of using a 1st or second for that matter

I can be talked into Tucker Kraft. Washington maybe but i just feel trenches are our biggest need. I think if your going playmaker Id be more inclined to go WR or RB than TE
Year before last TE got the second most targets. Last year TE got 121 targets
The 5th or 6th best WR won’t have the impact the best TE does. TE is a very important part of keeping the chains moving, which allows you to keep running the ball opening up play action

mcmvp

Reaction score
In other words yes they did.
It was fairly obvious he was going to be the pick. It's why you should try not to enter the draft with such a glaring need. Easier said than done sometimes...but this one was rather glaring.

starfan1

Reaction score
Year before last TE got the second most targets. Last year TE got 121 targets
The 5th or 6th best WR won’t have the impact the best TE does. TE is a very important part of keeping the chains moving, which allows you to keep running the ball opening up play action
Oh I’m not downplaying the importance of TE my assertion is more that they are already on the roster and guard is more important . I also feel better about TE later as in 3rd or 4th but won’t be as aggravated as if they took one in the 1st if one gets picked tonight