News: PFT: Jerry Jones says Eagles bet it all to win this year, Cowboys think longer term

mcmvp

Reaction score
I'm not trying to prove Jerry right or wrong. The issue is about the best approach.

The last thing we as fans should want is for Jerry to return to his all-in (wildcatting) approach to running the team.

The Eagles won a Super Bowl and made it to another one with the all-in approach.

The Patriots won 6 Super Bowls with the opposite approach.

The pre-2014 Cowboys, the Skins in the past and many other teams have tried the all-in approach and failed.

Just because you see some guy win big on 1 spin of the wheel at roulette, does not mean that you should bet all your money on 1 spin of the wheel.

Jerry failed with the all-in (wildcatting) approach from 1996 thru 2013.
- Finally in 2014 he handed it over to his son "cap boy" and they've taken a professional approach to running the team.
- The handoff from JJ to SJ was not really complete until SJ pushed Garrett out the door while Jerry was still scheduling meetings with Garrett.
- The real test of the SJ approach started with the hiring of McCarthy.
- The results are making the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons.
You obviously don’t know what all in means

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is such a clown. The Eagles have the 10th pick in the draft and 30 or 31. They will only get better. Jerry would bet it all in a heartbeat if he could figure out the moves required to get us where the Eagles are right now. He is just incapable.

basel90

Reaction score
Eagles are already in the 2nd super bowl ( won one already ) and with a young QB and team talent , while the cowboys have done zilch for 27 years .
I would take the eagles strategy anyday.
the rams have won 2 super Bowls and have been in 4 since the cowboys sniffed the last SB . The rams owner ( kroenke ) has done that while managing 7 other major global sports franchises and built a much better stadium and moved the team to a new city . I would say Stan kroenke has a better ownership and FO strategy also .

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Yea I can see were thinking long term were decades in. When exactly are we supposed to see these results?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
You know things are bad when you haven't been to the dance in nearly 3 decades, and the owner who happens to be the GM is questioning a teams method who has been to the Superbowl 2 times in the last 6 years. Jerry is just a loser in football management.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love that Jerry thinks he's playing chess while he's sitting there with an Uno deck in his hands.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Do you think Philly goes all in on Hurts and maxes him out? Super Bowl winning QB would expect a huge payday. They did extended Wentz to a massive deal and saw how that played out. If Hurts leads them to a Super Bowl win, it would be interesting to see what the numbers would look like.
Even if the Eagles lose he’ll be getting a big payday. My guess is they’ll prefer a 3 year deal like they tried to get Wentz to agree to. In the end Wentz signed for five, but the guarantees were loaded in the first three years. It’s why the Commanders get to say good bye to him with zero cap hit. So, probably the same kind of five year deal Wentz got, but $20 million more per year for all five years. Thank you, Cleveland. Cox, Graham, Kelce, Quinn, and Sanders are likely all playing their last game for the Eagles on the 12th. Hargrave and Bradberry probably gone, too, as they’re young enough to get some team to offer significant money on a longer deal. Sanders is young, as well, but he’s a running back. You know how that can go.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
But I’m still going to watch football . And they are my local broadcast.
Quickest way to get their attention is NOT to watch. Let the networks tell Jerry they are going to carry other games because the interest isn't there. Not being in the spotlight hurts him most of all.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerald telling people they've "misread the tea leaves"?

Jerry graduated from the Hellen Keller school of tea leave reading. :facepalm:

gtb1943

Reaction score
What is truly pathetic is that there are still some here that defend the clown show.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would love to see the revolving door again. Jimmy Johnson’s plan. Jerry has his own way of doing things . Cowboys Do or Die.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There’s 0% chance Jerry can name 10 players on the Eagles. He was no idea what he’s talking about. Only makes the Cowboys more of a National laughing stock than they already are
I’m willing to bet he knows every player on offense

Flamma

Reaction score
You obviously don’t know what all in means
Yeah, I can't understand why people keep bringing up the Eagles with an all in approach. They did no such thing. The Rams had an all in approach. The Eagles just acted and made smart moves. They're fine going forward. The Eagles are in better shape than the Cowboys going forward.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't understand why people keep bringing up the Eagles with an all in approach. They did no such thing. The Rams had an all in approach. The Eagles just acted and made smart moves. They're fine going forward. The Eagles are in better shape than the Cowboys going forward.
The rams really did go all in; in any way you want to define it.

The Eagles are arguably now the best run franchise in the league.

And the clown show just keeps on shoveling their horse crap and too many keep thinking its anything but the manure it is.

Jethro just shows how much contempt he has for the Boys fanbase by making idiotic statements one after the other and for all intents and purposes never gets called on it

Sad thing is that we really would not have to do all that much to take the next step; mainly get some top FA's to fix our main weaknesses; which is no decent #2 wr; no decent run stopping space eating powerful DT.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Lane Johnson will be 33 next season. He’s been struggling with injuries in recent years. He is on his last contract and Roseman will draft his replacement in the upcoming draft. The rookie won’t start year one, but preparation to become the starter will. Kelce is a free agent and will consider signing a one year deal, but other teams out there will likely be able to offer him more, if he even want to play. Hurts, even if Philly loses the Super Bowl, is going to get a $ignificant contract.
The Eagles have 6 draft picks within the first 2 rounds over the next 2 years. They'll be fine.