PFT: Jerry Jones will draft at home alone, with no one to stop him

Wood

Reaction score
At this point the only thing I want Jerry to have final say on is what color balloons for going away party.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
Do all of you really think these owners and/or GMs...many of whom are technology challenged...will be in their home ALONE? Please. The NFL isn't going to have people searching all the homes or have cameras they control in every room of the house.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
This got brought up in the draft forum earlier, and I've got to say, I don't believe this to be true as much anymore.

There was a big "story" about how the War Room had to "tackle Jerry" to prevent him from drafting JFF over Martin.

Obviously, it's his football team, but I don't think he's entirely the end-all, be-all when it comes to final selection.
I don't recall seeing this unless it was just speculation on someone's part. Link, link, my kingdom for a link.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-draft-at-home-alone-with-no-one-to-stop-him/

Obviously not a Dallas fan but I love JJ. I don’t think there’s another owner I’d rather sit down and a have beer with. Everyone gets jerked that he treats the team like it’s his own fantasy team but that’s his prerogative and most of us would do the same in his position. In reality his drafts have been pretty damn good recently. I think Stephen has been the voice of reason in some of these drafts.

So this make you guys nervous he’s going to go off the rails or will he stay on script and trust their board?
Not sure why we’d be interested in a non Cowboy fan who likes Jerry, the most hated sports personality in Dallas.

But we appreciate your honesty instead of posing as a Cowboy fan trolling and wasting our time.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Jerry Jones Home Alone??
"I made my staff disappear"
Staff.."Jerry, You're such a disease".

CCBoy

Reaction score
Here you go, Jerry...a little help:

Looking at the Cowboys’ 10 Draft commandments, despite the needs on defense it is likely Dallas goes with more offensive selections than defensive, anyway. During the first year of a defensive regime change, the modus operandi has been to stack the offense while the new coaches determine what they have in the cupboard first. That’s been the team’s philosophy since the Bill Parcells era and was cemented under Jason Garrett.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/gallery/dallas-cowboys-2020-nfl-draft-top-offensive-prospects/

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if Florio is claiming going through with the draft is a colossal mistake.

Because, you know, allowing free agency was the biggest mistake they've made in decades.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well hopefully the people that are communicating with Jerry aren’t as garbled as those who were asking questions during the Cowboys draft special the other day. They encountered a number of technical problems during the broadcast.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just one of the intriguing aspects of the most unusual draft ever. Since he ultimately has the last word, this isn't much different except the lack of voices to try and talk him into or out of moves.

I guess those thinking that the son had wrestled away the power as he did that Manziel draft ticket will have to wait another year? If there is one owner in the NFL that is HMFIC, it's Booger.

I don't believe a word he says, I think he's as excited as kid at Christmas to be doing this solo for the first time since he's owned the team. He will be one of the few owners sitting in that seat so he doesn't have to second guess anything he does.

I can just see him having discussion with his son, McClay, some coaches and scouts and going over all of the contingencies, falling player scenarios and fall backs when their guy is gone and he's acting like he's paying attention and saying all the right things, all the while he's thinking '**** all y'all, it's Miiiiiinnnnnnne, ALL MIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNE!!!!!!!'

Because of the uniqueness of this draft and a bunch of GM's/owners as comfortable with technology as a giraffe on a pogo stick this has great potential as the ultimate NFL cluster. I am hoping at least one of them holds up a pet and says "Hi y'all, this is Pepe and he's just peed on our draft board and that will be our selection". And I'd like to see that cat from the Giants argue with a hand puppet over their pick. And I guess Mayock will be the Raiders guy but I was hoping for Mark Davis because he always makes me feel better about my hair.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I don't want to live in a world where Stephen and Jerry can't come to blows over a guy like Manziel again.

RS12

Reaction score
Yeah, the name John Stephen Jones scribbled as the pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-draft-at-home-alone-with-no-one-to-stop-him/

Obviously not a Dallas fan but I love JJ. I don’t think there’s another owner I’d rather sit down and a have beer with. Everyone gets jerked that he treats the team like it’s his own fantasy team but that’s his prerogative and most of us would do the same in his position. In reality his drafts have been pretty damn good recently. I think Stephen has been the voice of reason in some of these drafts.

So this make you guys nervous he’s going to go off the rails or will he stay on script and trust their board?

Garrett and Marinelli are gone. With dumbo and mickey mouse no longer running team we will be fine.