News: PFT: Jerry: No reason Cowboys shouldn't be better than last year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: No reason Cowboys shouldn’t be better than last year
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2019, 4:54 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-cowboys-shouldnt-be-better-than-last-year/
gettyimages-1052325922-e1556787232727.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys won the NFC East last year, but Jerry Jones wants more than just a division title this year.

Jones says the Cowboys ought to be better than they were in 2018, which suggests he’s expecting better than 10-6 and advancing further than the divisional round of the playoffs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry needs to say that directly to his D-Coordinator who's defenses have failed to show up 3 times now during the playoffs in 2018, 2016 and 2014. THAT is why the Cowboys haven't advanced past the divisional round of the playoffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Won 10 games + added players = win more than 10 games. That's a fairly naive perception for a man who has been at this as long as Jerry.

Each year you start at 0-0.

And no, that isn't a defense of JG. I'm tired of looking at him, too. I'm just not confident that the same GM who has been treading water for two decades has magically found the elixir this offseason. We'll see.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
No reason the Eagles shouldn’t be better too. The off-season isn’t just about improving. It’s about improving enough to get ahead (or stay ahead) of your competition.

Saying that, factoring in the youth of the team and expected improvement from within, the team may have done enough. We’ll find out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry always promoting his product which has little to do with how experts are rating this team in the league or where oddsmakers are handicapping us.

He just can’t keep his mouth shut. Notice no other owners or GM’s are blabbing such nonsense

Sydla

Reaction score
He seems to say this every year.

And then when we have those seasons were we fail, he seemingly finds all the excuses he needs to cover for Garrett.

Maybe this year is finally it. Put up or shut up, Jason. I won't hold my breath.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Hes right though. People can rip Jerry all they want but weve had a successful offseason. Garrett needs to be better.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry Jones: No reason Cowboys shouldn’t be better than last year
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 2, 2019, 4:54 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-cowboys-shouldnt-be-better-than-last-year/
gettyimages-1052325922-e1556787232727.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys won the NFC East last year, but Jerry Jones wants more than just a division title this year.

Jones says the Cowboys ought to be better than they were in 2018, which suggests he’s expecting better than 10-6 and advancing further than the divisional round of the playoffs

so now the pressure is on garrett and the team...if things don't work out...garrett gone. I think the goal and expectations are NFCG.....if not, then jerry, does the jerry thing, he will do his politically correct talk, look for the next coach....generate hope and buy a few more years and billions more.......

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And then when we have those seasons were we fail, he seemingly finds all the excuses he needs to cover for Garrett.

Maybe this year is finally it. Put up or shut up, Jason. I won't hold my breath.

It is. Take heart.
:thumbup:

Accountability has finally arrived for Jason Garrett.

Better late than never.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so now the pressure is on garrett and the team...if things don't work out...garrett gone. I think the goal and expectations are NFCG.....if not, then jerry, does the jerry thing, he will do his politically correct talk, look for the next coach....generate hope and buy a few more years and billions more.......

I expect the Garrett "firing" to be handled with kid gloves. Just like Linehan's firing was. Remember we never even got a definitive statement on that so nobody's feelings got hurt, although everybody knew what it was.

When Garrett does get removed from the head coaching job, I absolutely expect him to maintain a role within the organization, no matter what it looks like. He will have some sort of a role in the front office and remain in the picture. Heck, even Dave Campo came crawling back to this organization for work. When you're in with the family, you're in with the family.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yep

That’s what happens when you hype it up. If it doesn’t meet those expectations then you must explain and find scapegoats. It’s a vicious cycle all to promote and sell his product.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ah, the Jerry Jones forecast.

I know it seems like he says the same thing every year, but there have been a few years where he stated that the team would be "better" but could also have a worse record.